Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

Post by MasterOfNone »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 am
smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:32 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 am I know it is still early, but it will be highly unfortunate for both teams players, coaches and fans if neither team is able to find a game this week. Seems as tho they aren’t as many cancellations happening in this area as there was in the first couple of weeks.
Exactly
Waverly is on the phone like crazy trying to find a game.
Today is the cut off - if no game is found by the end of the day Waverly will be sitting a second week which was not necessary.
That is not true. Court House found a game late Wednesday last week
I think he means Waverly wants to find a game by the end of the day or they may just take the bye, because after today it becomes very hard to prepare properly

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 am I know it is still early, but it will be highly unfortunate for both teams players, coaches and fans if neither team is able to find a game this week. Seems as tho they aren’t as many cancellations happening in this area as there was in the first couple of weeks.
Only 5 games showing as cancelled per Joe Eitel. Past weeks cancellations have been in the 15-20 game range:

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/scoreboa ... 021&week=5

Oddly though, WCH v Waverly not listed as canceled.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Exactly
Today is the cut off - if no game is found by the end of the day Waverly will be sitting a second week which was not necessary.

Burg picked up the Pikeville game on Thursday. I see your point in that today might be the last day to pick up a team that you can really prepare for with three days of practice.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

Washington will take a bye week thus week. Just reported from the district that there is a high number of covid positive cases on the football and dance teams

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:40 pm Washington will take a bye week thus week. Just reported from the district that there is a high number of covid positive cases on the football and dance teams
That’s unfortunate. Does that mean they will be out two games now?

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

My understanding is they are taking the 10 days from this past Saturday. So back to the field on Tuesday of next week and full intention on playing next Friday night

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am

Exactly
I think he means Waverly wants to find a game by the end of the day or they may just take the bye, because after today it becomes very hard to prepare properly
gocourthouse, it is absolutely true. I was told if they don’t come up with a game by the end of the day there won’t be a game. Waverly decision makers decided there won’t be a game without ample time to prepare and that time starts tomorrow.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

So Waverly would rather sit 2 weeks as opposed to playing someone on short prep time? I'm sure the kids love that.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

Wait a minute…So Court house canceled on Monday and 4-5 pages later of pointing the finger at Waverly for being completely covered in Covid now you guys are saying that as of last Saturday football players on the WCH team had covid and now WCH is taking a bye week do to actually having covid?? Well that could have saved a lot of bickering if Monday you guys would have called and said,”sorry can’t play we have Covid”. Prayers to a speedy recovery by all on the WCH team and school

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

1506 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:56 pm Wait a minute…So Court house canceled on Monday and 4-5 pages later of pointing the finger at Waverly for being completely covered in Covid now you guys are saying that as of last Saturday football players on the WCH team had covid and now WCH is taking a bye week do to actually having covid?? Well that could have saved a lot of bickering if Monday you guys would have called and said,”sorry can’t play we have Covid”. Prayers to a speedy recovery by all on the WCH team and school
Yeah idk what is going on. If you can start your quarantine date back to Saturday, then why post/say on multiple media outlets that the Covid issues were with Waverly? When in reality it sounds like Waverly is in the better situation. I know Covid can strike any team at any time, so it is not the players or coaches fault from WCH, but it is just ironic. Hope everyone recovers fully.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

Crickets….🦗🦗🦗🦗

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:26 pm
gocourthouse, it is absolutely true. I was told if they don’t come up with a game by the end of the day there won’t be a game. Waverly decision makers decided there won’t be a game without ample time to prepare and that time starts tomorrow.
Even if they would push to a Saturday game?

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Funny! Blame Waverly and then the truth comes out and nobody from WCH is to be heard from. Dirty Politics. Where are all the posters standing up for WCH. Two weeks of inexcusable actions.

This is why Unioto and Zane trace are having more success and are more Respected in Ross County and Miami Trace is in Fayette County.

Wouldn’t be hard for me to know where to send my kids if I lived in the Area.

Serious Issues for both Programs. Should be embarrassed.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Any updates to if Waverly got a game today or are they going to sit idle again?

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Even if they would push to a Saturday game?
Just my assumption here: that would mean the game would be Saturday.
Get film tonight to study/plan tomorrow morning.
That gives you two evenings of practice (offense / defense) with final walk thru on Friday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:06 pm Any updates to if Waverly got a game today or are they going to sit idle again?
I haven’t heard anything….. not as many cancellations this week.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

Crickets….🦗🦗🦗🦗

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

Players popped positive TODAY. health department goes back to first sign of symptoms which was Saturday. This is the media release from Washington.
https://www.recordherald.com/news/67687 ... -cancelled

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

So for all of you saying the problem was with court house.... when it comes to Waverly... NOT SO MUCH. They were not going to play them regardless as I have said the policy is they will not play any school not in session. Then today they get positive results of their own.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:33 pm So for all of you saying the problem was with court house.... when it comes to Waverly... NOT SO MUCH. They were not going to play them regardless as I have said the policy is they will not play any school not in session. Then today they get positive results of their own.
Again no one is buying any of that...but if you keep repeating maybe someone will buy it. Those not in session would be safer than those in session, it's all good man WCH wasn't able to play if ya'll want to place it somewhere else go for it, not like it matters.

Return to “Football”