2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:48 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm As for turnovers…sounds like Burg having trouble too, what’s a fair expectation for turnovers for a high school football team? I would never ever complain about a high school team going through a game with just 1 turnover and I feel like 2 is too many but there are no partial turnovers. I wouldn’t consider the turnover if it was a play before the half or desperation type play. The red zone ones hurt but they all do….if they aren’t in the red zone than they are giving the opponent good or great field position. I’d be accepting of two if the defensive is forcing more. 3+ is always too many and zero sounds great but not quite a fair expectation IMO.
Burg has to play mistake free to come out winners.
I’m not buying that. If we have 3 turnovers in the red zone and another 1-2 elsewhere Burg can afford a mistake or two

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I think this game is probably gonna set the tone for the rest of the season and into the playoffs if we make it that far. I was hoping after the hard fought loss to ironton it would fuel our fire for the rest of the year but maybe the loss last week will be what does it. What a great opportunity we have to rebound against a legendary program like burg, go win out in the FAC, and make a deep playoff run. The furthest we’ve ever made it is week 13. Might as well go for week 14. Hell we might as well try and win the whole darn thing right?

I just want to see Jackson max out their talent. We have really talented kids in every class and I feel some of the past years we haven’t been able to reach our full potential. I don’t want to see that happen to this years team. We may not be gifted with talented classes like we’ve had in the past every year so we better take advantage of it now. That’s one thing I think burg has done a great job of. It seems like every year they over achieve and at the worst the play like they are excepted to. There’s nothing better than watching Jackson in the fall time winning league titles and making play off runs. That’s where that tradition and all the great Ironmen football memories come from

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:41 pm I think this game is probably gonna set the tone for the rest of the season and into the playoffs if we make it that far. I was hoping after the hard fought loss to ironton it would fuel our fire for the rest of the year but maybe the loss last week will be what does it. What a great opportunity we have to rebound against a legendary program like burg, go win out in the FAC, and make a deep playoff run. The furthest we’ve ever made it is week 13. Might as well go for week 14. Hell we might as well try and win the whole darn thing right?

I just want to see Jackson max out their talent. We have really talented kids in every class and I feel some of the past years we haven’t been able to reach our full potential. I don’t want to see that happen to this years team. We may not be gifted with talented classes like we’ve had in the past every year so we better take advantage of it now. That’s one thing I think burg has done a great job of. It seems like every year they over achieve and at the worst the play like they are excepted to. There’s nothing better than watching Jackson in the fall time winning league titles and making play off runs. That’s where that tradition and all the great Ironmen football memories come from
Week 14 will equal week 13 in past years to me if that is the regional finals. 16 teams in…..no byes?

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Going with Jackson by 14.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:57 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:41 pm I think this game is probably gonna set the tone for the rest of the season and into the playoffs if we make it that far. I was hoping after the hard fought loss to ironton it would fuel our fire for the rest of the year but maybe the loss last week will be what does it. What a great opportunity we have to rebound against a legendary program like burg, go win out in the FAC, and make a deep playoff run. The furthest we’ve ever made it is week 13. Might as well go for week 14. Hell we might as well try and win the whole darn thing right?

Week 14 will equal week 13 in past years to me if that is the regional finals. 16 teams in…..no byes?
I’m not sure how that works. Hopefully we get the chance to get in and make something happen

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Low scoring game.

Jackson 17
Burg 13

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Winters is the fullback? Lol ok. jackson struggling probably continues. Alot of tuff games turning into alot of losses hate to see it ha

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

I think winters should be close to 100% usually takes two to three weeks for a young man to get an ankle healed up. If the adjustments are made to offense and we see him in on 3rd downs on defense burg will be in trouble. We will see a running clock by 3rd Qtr situation. It’s scary what the ironmen did to a very good Tri Valley team couple of weeks ago. Last week was a bad matchup. This week will be a very different offense we can get back to playing Ironmen defense again. Wheelersburg offensive line will not be near WB so we should get pressure. Jackson 35-7 burg scores once late.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Best QB in Southeastern Ohio playing FB….

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I'll be stunned if the Burg wins this one.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Both of these teams usually always really get after each other, I doubt if this year will be any different. Both teams are disappointed in the way their seasons have unfolded up to this point. Should be a great ballgame, as you just know, win or lose, they both will leave it all out on the field.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If both teams were healthy I'd say Jackson close. Not knowing who is still missing from the Burg and guessing that the passing game hass not improved enough I think Jackson by 14 to 18 points.
But then again if you see how badly I am at picking games I do not attend then you should feel good about the Burg's chances in this one.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I know what MADDOG would say…..hahah

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen44 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:49 pm Best QB in Southeastern Ohio playing FB….
Gullion leave Piketon to play FB for Jackson?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is a tough game to call as we've seen couple different versions of each team. I don't believe Burg has a QB anywhere comparable to the WB cat so that'll play into the Jackson defenses style much more. Jackson so far early in the year though seems to really be shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers but these 2 teams have played some STIFF competition to start the year off so both are battle tested. Let's go with Jackson at home as I think their defense is just to much for Burg, Jackson by 2 scores.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:32 pm
Ironmen44 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:49 pm Best QB in Southeastern Ohio playing FB….
Gullion leave Piketon to play FB for Jackson?
That kid from Piketon can play. He’s fun to watch

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.
Hopefully we let them get out in space and take the game over

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:09 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.
Hopefully we let them get out in space and take the game over
Ready to see it .

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

:lol: you're getting too wound up there 98

Return to “Football”