2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

frankie
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by frankie »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:10 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:09 pm Looks like Jackson's offense is not so elite after all.
Who said they were elite? Jackson’s biggest challenge coming into this game was getting their offense going
Your own fans here, that's who. Go back and read the previous posts.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:16 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:10 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:09 pm Looks like Jackson's offense is not so elite after all.
Who said they were elite? Jackson’s biggest challenge coming into this game was getting their offense going
Your own posters here, that's who. Go back and read the previous threads.
Go back and watch the games and you would’ve known Jackson’s offense wasn’t that great. Fans often have a biased point of view

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well…I’ll guess that was the difference between a home playoff game in round 1 vs a road one.

Great grit and determination. Grant Mastin just left it all out there. Jacob Winters with huge defensive stops. Drew Bragg was big on defense in the biggest moments. Ty Jones got himself onto the field and did his thing. X-man was there all night. So many big plays on the defense.

Cade Wolford put in more miles than anyone tonight. Big play after big boat after big play….all called back. Penalties just destroyed the offense….almost every single big play….holding and negated. And then we’d stall. Penalty after penalty after penalty….and while some looked to be from a flag happy official….kids gotta adjust if they are calling it that right.

Evan Spires….we love you kid. An ultimate Ironmen athlete and an incredible all around kid. You are in all thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery. One of my all time favorite Ironmen athletes to watch. Kid can be put in any position and MORE than hold his own. TEAM Ironmen will keep improving and become better disciplined and lay it all out there….just like you have done the past 4 seasons.

Great win in tough circumstances and quite honestly the first darn break/bounce I can remember in a close game that went our way. Crazy

Great fight Burg….great atmosphere tonight and you guys still go 6-4 and probably win a playoff game. Well done.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:56 pm I do not blame W'burg's coach for going for the win; however, that was an "UNGA BUNGA" play call for the 2-point conversion. Everyone in the whole stadium knew who was getting the ball.
Hmmm….that’s an expression I’ve only heard myself say

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:55 pm I do believe the 40-6 score is the outlier. Hopefully we will see a rematch in the playoffs.
Definitely is. Just like Jackson almost beating ironton was the outlier. Not taking anything away but that’s why games are played!

You got two good games by two well coached schools and historically good programs. No real losers tonight everyone got better!

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Well i was wrong. who were those refs my goodness what do they have against #8. Jackson should have buried burg that second half game should not have been close more like 35-7 but the refs took control of the game.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson , Wheelersburg and ironton are all similar teams this year

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:53 pm Well i was wrong. who were those refs my goodness what do they have against #8. Jackson should have buried burg that second half game should not have been close more like 35-7 but the refs took control of the game.
Let's not, jackson has shot themselves in the foot pretty much game in and game out to start the season take away the Tri-Valley game. Don't complain about refs when you won the game. Calls were going both ways

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson jumps up to #6 and We are going to give WB the #1 seed.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Great win , sky’s not falling. Get rested up and try to win a league title. Jackson stood toe to toe with the “elite” teams from the area first 5 games . Hope it pays off later .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:56 pm Jackson , Wheelersburg and ironton are all similar teams this year

Wouldnt be suprised if we saw a Burg/Itonton II on the hill…

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:53 pm Well i was wrong. who were those refs my goodness what do they have against #8. Jackson should have buried burg that second half game should not have been close more like 35-7 but the refs took control of the game.
Let's not, jackson has shot themselves in the foot pretty much game in and game out to start the season take away the Tri-Valley game. Don't complain about refs when you won the game. Calls were going both ways
The flags were thrown so the blame has to go there but our penalties for holding were long TDs and also cost us a 1st and goal on the 2. Penalties hurt Burg some for sure….thy destroyed Jackson
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Darn lucky to win need to get a few calls at home very frustrating seeing all the big plays called back. Game should not have been close PERIOD.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Take away the penalty and 7 doesn’t throw the pick either and offense is rolling.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:01 pm
Darn lucky to win need to get a few calls at home very frustrating seeing all the big plays called back. Game should not have been close PERIOD.
You are 100% correct, Jackson kept Burg in this game not the officials. Jackson pulled it together and pulled out the win let's make it about that given Jackson could've easily been looking at 2-3

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:05 pm

You are 100% correct, Jackson kept Burg in this game not the officials. Jackson pulled it together and pulled out the win let's make it about that given Jackson could've easily been looking at 2-3
So could ironton and burg is 2-3

When you play good teams losses can happen.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Game was marred by penalties on both sides but I didn’t think any wasn’t warranted. I thought it was officiated well. It did suck the flow of the game out of it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Yeah that happens, that's why when you get the win there's no need in saying it should've been by much more because it could've been a loss.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Yeah that happens, that's why when you get the win there's no need in saying it should've been by much more because it could've been a loss.
Could’ve been loss number 3 or win number 5. Jackson has to quit taking points off the board , it’s unreal .

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

It’s frustrating having to fight and claw to win a game like this when you could’ve won by at least a couple touchdowns if you just play smarter

Return to “Football”