2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

It just proves that anyone of those four mentioned, Burg, Jackson, Ironton and Fairland could probably beat the other on any given night. Those four are playing the best football around here right now.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Another week results in another nail bitter for Jackson. I'm shocked that they actually had a break go their way when the field goal bounced out. They always seem to be on the other side of those breaks. It was an exciting game and any win over Burg is big. Now, the never ending string of penalties (holding) has become the only true identity Jackson has through 5 weeks. Obviously the refs were flag happy calling every possible holding penalty which is ridiculous when it could be called every play. However, some were certainly legitimate penalties that nullified huge plays and killed drives over and over again. It comes down to playing disciplined football which means not continously making the same mental mistakes! This has to be the focus going forward. If it isn't fixed they WILL lose a game they shouldn't! This Jackson team has as much potential as almost any other team in school history. Get right mentally and get the job done!

Does anyone have an update on Spires? Hoping for a speedy recovery for this young man!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:33 am It just proves that anyone of those four mentioned, Burg, Jackson, Ironton and Fairland could probably beat the other on any given night. Those four are playing the best football around here right now.
You are correct yabba. All very close teams, throw in waverly and Portsmouth too. Yeah we know guys we’re southern Ohio and we not elite and we won’t beat the teams up north. But it’s our kids and our buddies kids and our co workers kids so we enjoy the games.

And don’t sweat it yabba the 3-7 teams line up to mock the good programs anytime they lose a game . Burg is competing and playing hard . My hunch is they may win the SOC

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:33 am It just proves that anyone of those four mentioned, Burg, Jackson, Ironton and Fairland could probably beat the other on any given night. Those four are playing the best football around here right now.
They are playing good football, but not the best in my opinion. It will be a big mistake to overlook portsmouth. Waverly and portsmouth are playing as good or better as anyone I've seen this year.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:32 pm
They are playing good football, but not the best in my opinion. It will be a big mistake to overlook portsmouth. Waverly and portsmouth are playing as good or better as anyone I've seen this year.
Agreed !

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:46 am
frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:38 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 am

Yeah I know what it means . This is a local high school football talk forum. Get over yourself. Ironton has no elite players either. Feel better .
You and the allamerican were blowing about being elite at every offensive position. I didn't blast you too hard over it. I never said the Tigers had elite players, now did I? Sounds to me like you got lucky, enjoy it and get over your big feeling selves.
All ironton does all year is boast about being elite and shows off their new bus and new shoes and anything else they have. They’re no better than Jackson, Wheelersburg, and Fairland . The only elite player to ever come out of southern Ohio is joe burrow. It’s just high school sports talk. Trust me you ain’t got the gas to blast me. But keep trying if you need do . Good luck against Kirtland.
"Trust me you ain’t got the gas to blast me."

Tough guy huh? :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg could beat Ironton on any given night? :lol: :lol:

Dude I hate to tell you but they already played. It was totally one sided and not even close. 40-6 to be exact. Burg is a decent team this year. Stop acting like they could play with Ironton. They can't.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Dude I hate to tell you but they already played. It was totally one sided and not even close. 40-6 to be exact. Burg is a decent team this year. Stop acting like they could play with Ironton. They can't.
Do I have this right? Wheelersburg lost to everyone of these teams they've played, and lost by 34 to Ironton, and this means burg is playing the best football in the area, and they have a losing record? So by this logic it means I'm correct in saying Rock Hill is playing the best football in the area! I believe Redmen could beat pirates this year. I'd like to see this game. Their stats are virtually identical.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:46 am

You and the allamerican were blowing about being elite at every offensive position. I didn't blast you too hard over it. I never said the Tigers had elite players, now did I? Sounds to me like you got lucky, enjoy it and get over your big feeling selves.
All ironton does all year is boast about being elite and shows off their new bus and new shoes and anything else they have. They’re no better than Jackson, Wheelersburg, and Fairland . The only elite player to ever come out of southern Ohio is joe burrow. It’s just high school sports talk. Trust me you ain’t got the gas to blast me. But keep trying if you need do . Good luck against Kirtland.
"Trust me you ain’t got the gas to blast me."

Tough guy huh? :lol:
Not at all Frankie. I’ll give you my lunch money to stop stalking my posts.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 am
TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 pm This will be a good measuring stick for Wheelersburg’s improvement. Last week not a fair judgement, taking a tough assignment on short notice. Went for a challenge instead of an easy win, which is what good programs do. Need to compete here or you can safely write them off as a team making noise in R19.
A good measuring stick it was. Watched the second half. Wheelersburg looked like a stout defense that struggled to put long drives together. Like another team I’ve seen this year. 40-6 feels like an exception, not the rule.

As for Jackson, bottom line is if they want to make noise in R11, they can’t be playing heartstoppers with teams in R19. A good D3 team should handle a good D5 team most of the time. Just underscores the difficulty they have of existing in a part of the state with no access to the type of competition they need to be successful in the postseason.
I agree with that. But what do you do? They play the best in SEO.
Maybe head up north for a game or two in the nonconference.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 pm This will be a good measuring stick for Wheelersburg’s improvement. Last week not a fair judgement, taking a tough assignment on short notice. Went for a challenge instead of an easy win, which is what good programs do. Need to compete here or you can safely write them off as a team making noise in R19.
A good measuring stick it was. Watched the second half. Wheelersburg looked like a stout defense that struggled to put long drives together. Like another team I’ve seen this year. 40-6 feels like an exception, not the rule.

As for Jackson, bottom line is if they want to make noise in R11, they can’t be playing heartstoppers with teams in R19. A good D3 team should handle a good D5 team most of the time. Just underscores the difficulty they have of existing in a part of the state with no access to the type of competition they need to be successful in the postseason.
With more teams getting in you’ll see schedules stiffen up.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I'm thinking portsmouth and waverly are playing pretty good football right now also

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 pm

It’s tough for sure. Playing Ironton and Wheelersburg is a lot better than not playing them, no doubt. And their league is probably as good as it can be for them, given their difficulty in finding one. Just in a tough spot for postseason prep.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

How is the kid that was injured for Jackson last night? Spires I think.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yep, I believe Burg can beat Ironton if they play again.

How about you worry about the Azz whoopin’ your Falcons are going to take Friday okay hater!!!

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 pm

How about you worry about the Azz whoopin’ your Falcons are going to take Friday okay hater!!!
I think falcons can beat pirates this year. Will Minford be favored in this game?

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:21 am

You don't seem to know what elite means.
Yeah I know what it means . This is a local high school football talk forum. Get over yourself. Ironton has no elite players either. Feel better .
Why did Ironmen fans saying that have elite athletes get you so hot? You’ve been taking about it for about a week now

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:21 am

You don't seem to know what elite means.
Defense positions and they are. Grant Maston is better than that fourth stringer at osu. They suck about to get beat by Tulsa. Traylon Davis is already on the field at wvu who would stomp Ohio state.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 pm

You're delusional. Typical band member that never played football.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Defense positions and they are. Grant Maston is better than that fourth stringer at osu. They suck about to get beat by Tulsa. Traylon Davis is already on the field at wvu who would stomp Ohio state.
I’m gonna have to disagree with you man. Any big time Jackson football player to go play d1 college football haven’t been great athletes they were great football players. There’s a difference. Reagan Williams wasn’t the most outstanding athlete, he was a big, strong, aggressive, football player. Same with Treylan Davis. He wasn’t crazy fast or explosive or jumping over people he was strong and aggressive and bulldozed people. Grant Martin isn’t a freak athlete he’s a great football player. Mean, aggressive, good football instincts.

I’ll take 11 true Ironmen FOOTBALL PLAYERS over 11 athletes all day long.

Return to “Football”