2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

frankie
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:21 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.

:lol: you're kidding, right?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

JACKSON

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Neither are living up to the hype, will come down to coaching. I say Jackson at home 28-27.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know for a fact that there a lot of Ironmen fans as well as a lot of posters on this site that know a lot more about Jackson football than what I do. I have watched them over the years, especially in the playoffs and such. Is it just me, and I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me that when the Ironmen can just line up ( most of the time ), and just play smash mouth football, ( just pass when they want to pass ) that they can play with about any team in SEO. The times that the Ironmen seem to be out of their element of comfort is when the opponent has a good passing attack, or when they spread the Ironmen's defense out all across the field. This is not just happening now with this coaching staff, as I can recall it in past playoff games. I can recall past Jackson teams that were pretty good, yet when they had to face a spread offense and a QB that was a good passer, they a lot of the time came up short. I think when you mostly favor running the football, and you don't really practice against a spread offense, it sometimes is a shock when you have to face it. I'm not just saying this because of the Western Brown QB, as he seems to be doing this against about everyone that he faces. To be truthful, I can probably say this same thing about a lot of good SEO teams, sometimes being a little ill prepared when having to face a good spread offensive team.

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 pm I know for a fact that there a lot of Ironmen fans as well as a lot of posters on this site that know a lot more about Jackson football than what I do. I have watched them over the years, especially in the playoffs and such. Is it just me, and I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me that when the Ironmen can just line up ( most of the time ), and just play smash mouth football, ( just pass when they want to pass ) that they can play with about any team in SEO. The times that the Ironmen seem to be out of their element of comfort is when the opponent has a good passing attack, or when they spread the Ironmen's defense out all across the field. This is not just happening now with this coaching staff, as I can recall it in past playoff games. I can recall past Jackson teams that were pretty good, yet when they had to face a spread offense and a QB that was a good passer, they a lot of the time came up short. I think when you mostly favor running the football, and you don't really practice against a spread offense, it sometimes is a shock when you have to face it. I'm not just saying this because of the Western Brown QB, as he seems to be doing this against about everyone that he faces. To be truthful, I can probably say this same thing about a lot of good SEO teams, sometimes being a little ill prepared when having to face a good spread offensive team.
If we keep the ball off the ground, we'll be fine.

This one will most likely look like the game from 2 years ago. It'll be close in the first half and then Jackson will run away with it. We'll come out setting the tone with the Power-I *puke*. Then we'll spread it out and let 'em hang dangle. I'm excited for this one .. It's usually a battle!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 pm I know for a fact that there a lot of Ironmen fans as well as a lot of posters on this site that know a lot more about Jackson football than what I do. I have watched them over the years, especially in the playoffs and such. Is it just me, and I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me that when the Ironmen can just line up ( most of the time ), and just play smash mouth football, ( just pass when they want to pass ) that they can play with about any team in SEO. The times that the Ironmen seem to be out of their element of comfort is when the opponent has a good passing attack, or when they spread the Ironmen's defense out all across the field. This is not just happening now with this coaching staff, as I can recall it in past playoff games. I can recall past Jackson teams that were pretty good, yet when they had to face a spread offense and a QB that was a good passer, they a lot of the time came up short. I think when you mostly favor running the football, and you don't really practice against a spread offense, it sometimes is a shock when you have to face it. I'm not just saying this because of the Western Brown QB, as he seems to be doing this against about everyone that he faces. To be truthful, I can probably say this same thing about a lot of good SEO teams, sometimes being a little ill prepared when having to face a good spread offensive team.
I would say that’s a pretty accurate run down. Defensively we are usually very stout against the run and have trouble with teams that really like to spread it out. I think a little of that has to do the fact we don’t play a whole lot of teams that truly run a good spread offense. Burg likes to spread it out some, courthouse has had athletic teams in the past, Chillicothe always has some nice skill kids. But none of those teams spread it out like western brown and when they do it’s nowhere near as good. Western Brown’s qb was dominant last Friday. We could not stop him. That’s all is comes down to. Maybe the answer to that is trying to play more teams that play like that? I’m not sure. Offensively I agree when Jackson’s at their best is when they are pounding the football and countering that with play actions along with deep threats from their man beaters on the outside. I think that really allows us to get into a rhythm and gives us confidence knowing we are keeping the defense guessing a little bit. It gives us an identity. I’m not sure we have one right now on offense

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:16 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:09 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.
Hopefully we let them get out in space and take the game over
Ready to see it .
I know I’ve been lobbying for a more physical run attack for our offense but the more I think maybe this team just can’t do that. I know all the great Ironmen teams in the past have been able to do it but maybe this team is different? Maybe that’s just not their make up or the way they’re wired. You definitely don’t want to force a playing style on a team if it’s not gonna fit them. If we are at our best when we spread it out and try and showcase our athletes then let’s go sell out and do that. Whatever gets wins at the end of the day is all that matters

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:57 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:09 pm
Hopefully we let them get out in space and take the game over
Ready to see it .
I know I’ve been lobbying for a more physical run attack for our offense but the more I think maybe this team just can’t do that. I know all the great Ironmen teams in the past have been able to do it but maybe this team is different? Maybe that’s just not their make up or the way they’re wired. You definitely don’t want to force a playing style on a team if it’s not gonna fit them. If we are at our best when we spread it out and try and showcase our athletes then let’s go sell out and do that. Whatever gets wins at the end of the day is all that matters
If they’re going to spread it out then spread it out and stay with it. Run a lot of fast plays and a lot of quick short passes. Stress the defense like western brown did to Jackson. Like you said just win football games.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Ready to see it .
If they’re going to spread it out then spread it out and stay with it. Run a lot of fast plays and a lot of quick short passes. Stress the defense like western brown did to Jackson. Like you said just win football games.
I agree. Let’s go with something and get comfortable with it. It’s always nice in big games to have something you know you can go to and get something going. In the past it’s been north/south and the T. We just need to get an identity. I have confidence we will. Our coaches have seen these problems before

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:10 pm
I agree. Let’s go with something and get comfortable with it. It’s always nice in big games to have something you know you can go to and get something going. In the past it’s been north/south and the T. We just need to get an identity. I have confidence we will. Our coaches have seen these problems before

Put quarterback in the shotgun and sling it every play. We got 8-10 kids who can run catch. Rotate em in and keep em healthy. Some slants , some curls , some deep balls , maybe a back to check down to. Let’s just open it up and let er rip.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson doesn’t pass a ton but in 3 games has had 8 different kids catching the ball.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 pm

Put quarterback in the shotgun and sling it every play. We got 8-10 kids who can run catch. Rotate em in and keep em healthy. Some slants , some curls , some deep balls , maybe a back to check down to. Let’s just open it up and let er rip.
Our athletes vs your athletes

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:34 pm

Agree 💯. Throw in some picks , rubs , etc. Here is our identity, we’re going for the jugular every series . Try and keep up.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:39 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:34 pm

Agree 💯. Throw in some picks , rubs , etc. Here is our identity, we’re going for the jugular every series . Try and keep up.
Whatever we do we just need to stick with it and don’t look back. By week 8,9,10 and into the playoffs, that’s when you want to be peaking and firing on all cylinders. If we get that deep in the season and don’t make any improvements it’s not gonna be good

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Good defense for both teams. I think Jackson forces 1 or 2 key turnovers and come out with a a 10 point win 17-7.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Reading these posts on here it seems like Jackson is searching for an identity. That's hard to believe. They are known for smash mouth football. If they have elite athletes all over the field on offense then scheme to get them the ball. Amongst the fan base there is a lot of different opinions and questions as to what they should do. Is coaching an issue right now?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jackson wins big. They are physical, Burg is definitely not a physical team.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good read

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

frankie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:30 pm
frankie wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:21 pm

:lol: you're kidding, right?
Best team in school history at 2-2?

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:56 am Reading these posts on here it seems like Jackson is searching for an identity. That's hard to believe. They are known for smash mouth football. If they have elite athletes all over the field on offense then scheme to get them the ball. Amongst the fan base there is a lot of different opinions and questions as to what they should do. Is coaching an issue right now?
I wouldn’t say we need a coaching change or anything crazy like that. I just think some years we get in our heads that we are something we really aren’t in reality and it effects the way we try and play. It’s just confusing how we have these athletes every where and it’s not translating to wins on the football field? But these coaches have been doing this for a long time and they will find the answers. There’s still a lot of season left

Return to “Football”