2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by LetsBeReal »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:33 am
old benchwarmer wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 am

I doesn't make much difference, but I found it to be 17-9 Wheelersburg all time against Jackson. Sounds like it could be a very good game.
Word from my Jackson buddies is they "always" beat Burg when Burg is down. When Burg is Burg they "whoop" Jackson. Last time Jackson beat Burg, Burg had 4 losses that year I think.
So the question is, is Burg down or up this year?
Jackson beat us when we went to the regional finals and came a whisker from beating Hartley...2014 or 2015 maybe ?? I do think if people are comparing our results against Ironton to Jackson's results against Ironton and making a prediction that we may surprise some people tonight.
I think that’s exactly what people are doing and is dangerous. Is it possible ironton had their worst game of the year against Jackson and had one of their best against Wheelersburg?

Is it possible that they matchup completely different?

Thought Jackson could make some serious noise this year. Maybe they still can.

I just look for burg to come out hard and have one of their best games. But Jackson was humbled last week. So may prevent them from overlooking burg.

I still take burg by a score or less

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:53 pm Can't believe these fan bases on here are being so quiet. That really does say a lot. Win or lose tonight, either team is where they want or thought they would be. The hype just ain't there compared to other years. I'll take JI at home in a close one. Burg is just not Burg. Interested to see the coaching from both teams.
Both have excellent coaching staffs.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:20 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:53 pm Can't believe these fan bases on here are being so quiet. That really does say a lot. Win or lose tonight, either team is where they want or thought they would be. The hype just ain't there compared to other years. I'll take JI at home in a close one. Burg is just not Burg. Interested to see the coaching from both teams.
That's what makes it intriguing. We will see.
Coach Hall and his staff need a win tonight.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:39 pm
I would say both teams need a win.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:45 pm

That's true. But I think Jackson needs it more. I predict Jackson to win. If not, I predict the sky to be falling....

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:00 pm
That's true. But I think Jackson needs it more. I predict Jackson to win. If not, I predict the sky to be falling....
Not sure I understand that at all , Jackson Football has 100 years of tradition. One of the winningest programs in southern Ohio. Why would 1 loss make the “sky fall” ?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Not sure I understand that at all , Jackson Football has 100 years of tradition. One of the winningest programs in southern Ohio. Why would 1 loss make the “sky fall” ?
Because with all that tradition comes expectations.
With a loss, how many people thought they would be sitting at 2-3 right now? If being honest absolutely nobody. It's not the one loss, it's the three.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:16 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:12 pm
Because with all that tradition comes expectations.
With a loss, how many people thought they would be sitting at 2-3 right now? If being honest absolutely nobody. It's not the one loss, it's the three.
Coaching Jackson football has always come with high expectations and pressure. Nothing new this year

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Both teams need it about the same I think. So Jackson loses to an all time program like burg and the sky falls? Even if they do happen to lose they still have the opportunity to win the league and make the playoffs.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 pm

Both teams need it about the same I think. So Jackson loses to an all time program like burg and the sky falls? Even if they do happen to lose they still have the opportunity to win the league and make the playoffs.
If Burg loses does the sky fall for them?

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Will this be on YouTube? Sorry if this question has already been answered I didn't see it.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Reality now is these nonconference games have less importance with playoffs expanded to 16 teams/region. Try telling that though to the players as all they see is Jackson or Wheelersburg on their opponents' jerseys! Fans might like to beat their chest about a 9-1 or 10-0 season, but the better programs will schedule up in nonconference to be more ready come playoff time. Whoever loses tonight will hear "sky is falling" stuff on here from their own fans (but mostly from their haters), but it couldn't be further from the truth as both of these teams will be in playoffs even if they going in at 7-3 or 6-4.*

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Reality now is these nonconference games have less importance with playoffs expanded to 16 teams/region. Try telling that though to the players as all they see is Jackson or Wheelersburg on their opponents' jerseys! Fans might like to beat their chest about a 9-1 or 10-0 season, but the better programs will schedule up in nonconference to be more ready come playoff time. Whoever loses tonight will hear "sky is falling" stuff on here from their own fans (but mostly from their haters), but it couldn't be further from the truth as both of these teams will be in playoffs even if they going in at 7-3 or 6-4.*
Winner winner , spot on sir .

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Game on radio? Sure other live streams but need radio to listen to while mowing lawn! LOL. Good luck to both teams. Really good teams/kids despite records. Atleast there is a little football to get to talk smack about!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

With Jackson having elite players at every offensive position how can Burg possibly matchup and stop Jackson?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Is there a stream for this game?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:04 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:44 am tick toc tick toc........
Is this an almost game time excitement post

Or

The call of a running clock post?

Is this worth an extra $3 to attend?

No running clock arrogance

Almost game time !!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:49 pm Is there a stream for this game?

Should be on Jackson YouTube channel

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Early signs are showing a big crowd

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:45 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Winner winner , spot on sir .
Very true.

Return to “Football”