greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:12 pm

So could ironton and burg is 2-3

When you play good teams losses can happen.
Yeah that happens, that's why when you get the win there's no need in saying it should've been by much more because it could've been a loss.
Could’ve been loss number 3 or win number 5. Jackson has to quit taking points off the board , it’s unreal .
That's spot on, they've spent to much time this year shooting themselves in the foot for sure.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:32 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Yeah that happens, that's why when you get the win there's no need in saying it should've been by much more because it could've been a loss.
Could’ve been loss number 3 or win number 5. Jackson has to quit taking points off the board , it’s unreal .
That's spot on, they've spent to much time this year shooting themselves in the foot for sure.

Starting to think it who they are .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even though at times it got a little ugly to watch with all of the penalties that were being called on both teams, I'll have to say that both teams left it all out on the field. If I had any doubts about what my least favorite color might have been before this game, " yellow " will win in a landslide.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

The amount of holding penalties was mind boggling

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

A wins a win. We played hard and won so that’s a positive. Another week to get better. But good lord man this is tough to watch sometimes. We make mistakes in the most crucial times in the game. Right before half we have a great chance to score and go up two scores and we get a flag and lose 20 yards of field position, two consecutive td’s called back in a row, interception late in the game, when we start to pick up yards on offense we get holding penalties, when we get the ball inside the 5 it gets called back and we get 0 points. These are all chances to take momentum and put the game away. You can’t let teams hang around. We learned that lesson last week. It almost got us again this week. A wins a win but I would advise staying very humble and putting your head down and working for the next half of the year. If you want a league title and playoff success it’s time to get serious and let’s max out our potential the rest of the year. There’s no more room for these types of games. It’s all up to the players. I’m not sure what their goals are for this season but if they are serious about achieving them then they will hold each other accountable and start really getting locked in and playing the best football they can play.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 pm Great win , sky’s not falling. Get rested up and try to win a league title. Jackson stood toe to toe with the “elite” teams from the area first 5 games . Hope it pays off later .
You don't seem to know what elite means.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:21 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 pm Great win , sky’s not falling. Get rested up and try to win a league title. Jackson stood toe to toe with the “elite” teams from the area first 5 games . Hope it pays off later .
Yeah I know what it means . This is a local high school football talk forum. Get over yourself. Ironton has no elite players either. Feel better .

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

The weather is much more pleasant after a win my friend.
I predict no clouds and plenty of sunshine. 😎

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to the winners. You overcame my jinx being I stink at picking games and I picked you.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:53 pm Well i was wrong. who were those refs my goodness what do they have against #8. Jackson should have buried burg that second half game should not have been close more like 35-7 but the refs took control of the game.
Let's not, jackson has shot themselves in the foot pretty much game in and game out to start the season take away the Tri-Valley game. Don't complain about refs when you won the game. Calls were going both ways
I watched this game on YouTube and every holding call was legit. You could see them very plainly. The sad part is most of them occurred 5 to 10 yards behind the plays and had no effect on the play. They can call holding every play if they so choose and these guy were adamant on calling it.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Never fear. It’s all FAC from here, baby. We can afford all the penalties, fumbles, and interceptions we want now.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:11 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:53 pm Well i was wrong. who were those refs my goodness what do they have against #8. Jackson should have buried burg that second half game should not have been close more like 35-7 but the refs took control of the game.
Let's not, jackson has shot themselves in the foot pretty much game in and game out to start the season take away the Tri-Valley game. Don't complain about refs when you won the game. Calls were going both ways
I watched this game on YouTube and every holding call was legit. You could see them very plainly. The sad part is most of them occurred 5 to 10 yards behind the plays and had no effect on the play. They can call holding every play if they so choose and these guy were adamant on calling it.
Question is a holding call legit 10 yards from the play when you play at home? 99% of the time no but last night it seemed to matter. I bet burg fans were even flabbergasted. That seemed to be most people’s take from the game but it did make for one he// of a game! Go burg take it to ironton should be a good one hopefully at alumni stadium.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:19 am Never fear. It’s all FAC from here, baby. We can afford all the penalties, fumbles, and interceptions we want now.
:D

Romp em and stomp em baby!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 pm This will be a good measuring stick for Wheelersburg’s improvement. Last week not a fair judgement, taking a tough assignment on short notice. Went for a challenge instead of an easy win, which is what good programs do. Need to compete here or you can safely write them off as a team making noise in R19.
A good measuring stick it was. Watched the second half. Wheelersburg looked like a stout defense that struggled to put long drives together. Like another team I’ve seen this year. 40-6 feels like an exception, not the rule.

As for Jackson, bottom line is if they want to make noise in R11, they can’t be playing heartstoppers with teams in R19. A good D3 team should handle a good D5 team most of the time. Just underscores the difficulty they have of existing in a part of the state with no access to the type of competition they need to be successful in the postseason.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 am
Yeah I know what it means . This is a local high school football talk forum. Get over yourself. Ironton has no elite players either. Feel better .
You and the allamerican were blowing about being elite at every offensive position. I didn't blast you too hard over it. I never said the Tigers had elite players, now did I? Sounds to me like you got lucky, enjoy it and get over your big feeling selves.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:38 am

You and the allamerican were blowing about being elite at every offensive position. I didn't blast you too hard over it. I never said the Tigers had elite players, now did I? Sounds to me like you got lucky, enjoy it and get over your big feeling selves.
All ironton does all year is boast about being elite and shows off their new bus and new shoes and anything else they have. They’re no better than Jackson, Wheelersburg, and Fairland . The only elite player to ever come out of southern Ohio is joe burrow. It’s just high school sports talk. Trust me you ain’t got the gas to blast me. But keep trying if you need do . Good luck against Kirtland.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:46 am

All ironton does all year is boast about being elite and shows off their new bus and new shoes and anything else they have. They’re no better than Jackson, Wheelersburg, and Fairland . The only elite player to ever come out of southern Ohio is joe burrow. It’s just high school sports talk. Trust me you ain’t got the gas to blast me. But keep trying if you need do . Good luck against Kirtland.
Chuck Ealey and Earl Wilson? I'm sure there are more.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:46 am

Chuck Ealey and Earl Wilson? I'm sure there are more.
Not on the “elite” level of Joe Burrow. Since Frankie wants to beat that “elite” drum then we’ll do that.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Looks like I hit a nerve there :lol:
Pretty lame with the Joe Burrow reference, too.

Return to “Football”