2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

frankie
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:55 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:24 am

Completely disagree. They took the best team they have faced to the wire with 3 turnovers. Same thing happened in ironton game. Burg is capable of winning this game but they don’t have the depth to overcome turnovers. That’s where they struggle. The senior class is relying on a lot of contributions from sophomores
Here we go again, if this hadn't happened or that hadn't happened Burg would have won the game. As always Burg is the better team. :lol:
Turnovers are part of the game, Ironton had them and many penalties and still beat you easily. Burg didn't take the Tigers to the wire.
Couldn’t ironton be 1-3 at this point? Like very easily 1-3. I wouldn’t brag too much.
I'm not bragging, but you are grasping as usual.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Burg is trending down. Jackson by 10

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Burg may be down but I expect them to play up to the occasion here. Taking the pirates in an upset 29-21

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson could win this game but they have to clean a lot of things up. First they need to take of the ball whether it’s fumbles or picks. You won’t beat Wheelersburg with turnovers. They need to win the special teams game. Expect an onside kick or two, don’t allow any long kick returns. Be solid against the run, Burg is a run first team this year but also expect them to take chances deep and expect some trickery, they won’t rely on running in down Jackson’s throat to win. They’ll have something up their sleeve.
Be disciplined , no false starts , no more than 1 holding calls, no personal fouls. Play hard but under control. Line needs to be strong. Wheelersburg has a good defense , actually very good. Jackson won’t hang 40 on Wheelersburg. They’ll have to work for what they get. Like to see one quarterback and roll with it. Jackson has the athlete advantage, if they chose to use it. Jackson could and should win this game, but it won’t be easy. There is room for improvement for everyone . Also would be nice if the fans actually made some noise and gave the team a home field advantage.

GO IRONMEN!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 pm Jackson could win this game but they have to clean a lot of things up. First they need to take of the ball whether it’s fumbles or picks. You won’t beat Wheelersburg with turnovers. They need to win the special teams game. Expect an onside kick or two, don’t allow any long kick returns. Be solid against the run, Burg is a run first team this year but also expect them to take chances deep and expect some trickery, they won’t rely on running in down Jackson’s throat to win. They’ll have something up their sleeve.
Be disciplined , no false starts , no more than 1 holding calls, no personal fouls. Play hard but under control. Line needs to be strong. Wheelersburg has a good defense , actually very good. Jackson won’t hang 40 on Wheelersburg. They’ll have to work for what they get. Like to see one quarterback and roll with it. Jackson has the athlete advantage, if they chose to use it. Jackson could and should win this game, but it won’t be easy. There is room for improvement for everyone . Also would be nice if the fans actually made some noise and gave the team a home field advantage.

GO IRONMEN!
Last time Burg came to town to play the Ironmen Evan Spires had pretty much back to back pick 6 TD’s and had Alumni Stadium completely rocking. About as loud as I’ve ever heard it.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 pm Jackson could win this game but they have to clean a lot of things up. First they need to take of the ball whether it’s fumbles or picks. You won’t beat Wheelersburg with turnovers. They need to win the special teams game. Expect an onside kick or two, don’t allow any long kick returns. Be solid against the run, Burg is a run first team this year but also expect them to take chances deep and expect some trickery, they won’t rely on running in down Jackson’s throat to win. They’ll have something up their sleeve.

GO IRONMEN!
Last time Burg came to town to play the Ironmen Evan Spires had pretty much back to back pick 6 TD’s and had Alumni Stadium completely rocking. About as loud as I’ve ever heard it.
Be nice to see some of that magic Friday
Last edited by Ironmen98 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 pm

GO IRONMEN!
Be nice to see some of that magic Friday

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

GO IRONMEN!
MY bet is on this - Lots of disgusted looks... Especially at the old man ringing the bell, who is the only guy in our stands actually cheering.

Our(Jackson) support from the stands is pretty pathetic. We fill the bleachers home and away, and the majority of us sit there with our thumbs in our mouths... I mean right in front of our cheerleaders haha! My only guess is half of 'em can't spell, even with the Cheerleaders - LITERALLY - spelling it out!

We need this win badly! Goooo J-A-C-K-S-O-N!!!

And please bring some noise :P
Last edited by Grizzly&Gatorade on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 pm Burg is 15-8 all-time against Jackson per the Wheelersburg football website. Just google Wheelersburg football and you can find it there. Lot of interesting stuff in regards to Burg football on there

Burgfootball.com
I doesn't make much difference, but I found it to be 17-9 Wheelersburg all time against Jackson. Sounds like it could be a very good game.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

GO IRONMEN!
He literally did have 2 pick 6’s on two consecutive defensive plays. And the first one he snagged with one hand. Those two plays were so cool to see live and how excited the fans and the team got.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

As far as the game goes I think Jackson takes it. I know burg is a little down and I guarantee Jackson is very motivated after last weeks loss in a game they were expecting to win. I’m sure they practiced and prepared very hard this week. A buddy of mine who has a kid on the team said it’s probably been the most intense week they’ve had. Hopefully every week from here on out is like that. In my opinion I think some of the struggles Jackson has had in the past has been mentally when playing burg. I know burg has had some phenomenal teams the past couple years but I just think maybe Jackson may have went into some of these games beaten a little bit mentally before the game even starts. Like we know you’re burg and you’re really good and we are gonna play hard and if we get beat it’s okay because you were supposed to win anyway. That’s been the case pretty much every year besides 2014 and 2019. Hopefully after the last matchup it sets the tone for years to come. Just because you have that orange helmet with burg on the back you’re still gonna take this beating

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

old benchwarmer wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 pm Burg is 15-8 all-time against Jackson per the Wheelersburg football website. Just google Wheelersburg football and you can find it there. Lot of interesting stuff in regards to Burg football on there

Burgfootball.com
I doesn't make much difference, but I found it to be 17-9 Wheelersburg all time against Jackson. Sounds like it could be a very good game.
Word from my Jackson buddies is they "always" beat Burg when Burg is down. When Burg is Burg they "whoop" Jackson. Last time Jackson beat Burg, Burg had 4 losses that year I think.
So the question is, is Burg down or up this year?

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Jackson should win this one. If Rock Hill and wheelersburg can work it out, I'd like to see this match-up. I feel the redmen could beat the pirates this year.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 35-14

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Thread pretty quiet for the usual Burg/Jackson game. Both teams coming off losses, which may explain it. Not rocket surgery as turnovers will be key in this one. I'll take Burg with the 24-21 mild upset.*

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tick toc tick toc........

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:33 am
old benchwarmer wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 am

Burgfootball.com
Word from my Jackson buddies is they "always" beat Burg when Burg is down. When Burg is Burg they "whoop" Jackson. Last time Jackson beat Burg, Burg had 4 losses that year I think.
So the question is, is Burg down or up this year?
Jackson beat us when we went to the regional finals and came a whisker from beating Hartley...2014 or 2015 maybe ?? I do think if people are comparing our results against Ironton to Jackson's results against Ironton and making a prediction that we may surprise some people tonight.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Can't believe these fan bases on here are being so quiet. That really does say a lot. Win or lose tonight, either team is where they want or thought they would be. The hype just ain't there compared to other years. I'll take JI at home in a close one. Burg is just not Burg. Interested to see the coaching from both teams.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Thinking wheelersburg will play up to the tall task having taken tough losses against Pikeville and Ironton I think they’re ready for this one good luck to the pirates represent the SOC

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:44 am tick toc tick toc........
Is this an almost game time excitement post

Or

The call of a running clock post?

Is this worth an extra $3 to attend?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”