2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Ironmen98
All State

2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by Ironmen98 »

No idea what to expect in this one. Not sure either team has an identity at this point. I know Wheelersburg is young and lost their quarterback and some key players. Jackson is senior heavy with many 3-4 year starters. Both teams need a win.

callie15
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by callie15 »

Jackson, Burg has no chance.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Jackson, Burg has no chance. Pikeville was big, very big and so is Jackson.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Each week your football team is a little different. After Ironton, I don't think Burg was looking forward to this game. But now maybe they have a little confidence they can play with the Ironmen. Probably still underdogs. Should be a hard fought game. Anxious to see who wins the coaching battle.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

It feels like every year this game is never close no matter who wins. I think this one might be a little closer. This game is always fun to watch between two programs with great tradition. I’m not gonna make a prediction because I really don’t know what’s gonna happen. But I’m definitely pulling for the Ironmen!
Just need to stay tunnel visioned and go 1-0 every week

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jackson big

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Another tough matchup for the burg. Burg played well against pikeville except for turnovers. Hoping for an injury free game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3rd String wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm I expect a huge night for senior Doug Hughes, he’s finally healthy, and may just be the spark the Ironmen have needed.
Be funny other ways

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Jackson was one play away from beating Ironton, who put it to the burg. Burgs gotta stop turning it over and I think they’ll have a shot

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

callie15 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:25 am Jackson, Burg has no chance. Pikeville was big, very big and so is Jackson.
Jackson is very big? What?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:56 pm
3rd String wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm I expect a huge night for senior Doug Hughes, he’s finally healthy, and may just be the spark the Ironmen have needed.
Be funny other ways
👍

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Jx by 23

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3rd String wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:10 pm
Be funny other ways
👍
Yeah everyone knows who I am on here….I like all the newer folks we have on here and obviously I would know you, but I don’t. So stop it lol

Unless the Ironmen need a witty sarcastic comment or some putting advice, maybe a better batting approach….I’m prolly not worth much to the football Ironmen.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Both teams with 2 losses. Both need the win to keep a home game for the playoffs. I think Jackson takes it in a close game. Either team I can’t picture being 2-3

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:26 pm

Be funny other ways
👍
Yeah everyone knows who I am on here….I like all the newer folks we have on here and obviously I would know you, but I don’t. So stop it lol

Unless the Ironmen need a witty sarcastic comment or some putting advice, maybe a better batting approach….I’m prolly not worth much to the football Ironmen.
👌

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen44 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:58 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:26 pm

👍

👌
I’d like to hear your analysis on things so far.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure on this game. I feel like Jackson cleans up the fumbles and several players step up and Jackson gets out and never looks back….but who knows. It’s high school and kids.

Just a fan and a long time one….but a few thoughts, maybe some merit, maybe I’m just not in touch enough with the X’s snd O’s to be anything beyond rah rah. Let’s say I’m a decent high school baseball player and I’m facing a guy hitting 85 mph and he hits all edges of the plate, changes speeds and has some good movement pitches…..I’m going to maybe go 1 for 10. Let’s say though I know what pitch is coming each time…..I’m probably going to go 2 or 3 for 10….now let’s say I know what pitch and what location….I’m still going to make more outs than I don’t but all of a sudden I go from a .100 hitter to a .400 hitter…..yeah, I know….wrong sport pencil neck but as I sit in the stands the guy beside me flat out called nearly every play as we left the huddle and got set up, yeah he knows his football but I have to assume so do the defensive coaches and better players on the defensive side of the field on those plays. If our guys aren’t physically better or aren’t precisely executing all parts of the play….the other team likely understanding/knowing what’s coming has an advantage of sorts. To pound the ball we have to be able to get some push or some holes and they might be there but maybe not quite enough. I guess I’d like to see some deception used. I’m not convinced we can run it down a good team’s throat without Winters being a decent part of it. He was great vs Ironton but man he’s taking a beating.

Prater….can he be covered on a quick 5-7 step route, plant turn? Teams are doing well on him deep but can’t he run great routes, has great Instincts going to the pass and then great hands? I feel going his way a bit more often will allow the run a touch more freedom…and then also the fake on that and then hitting him long or another receiver.

I guess looking at what Wheelersburg hopes we do….I hope we are doing something else and seeing some confused looks, arms up in the air etc.

I’m just a fan…I’ll be there at 8-2 or 2-8, always have been. Didn’t finish the huge Ironton opportunity, didn’t do enough to seal the deal against WB, but the Burg game and win could easily propel us to where the team and coaches want to be. Win, do things well, pick each other up and never look back.

Let’s go!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

As for turnovers…sounds like Burg having trouble too, what’s a fair expectation for turnovers for a high school football team? I would never ever complain about a high school team going through a game with just 1 turnover and I feel like 2 is too many but there are no partial turnovers. I wouldn’t consider the turnover if it was a play before the half or desperation type play. The red zone ones hurt but they all do….if they aren’t in the red zone than they are giving the opponent good or great field position. I’d be accepting of two if the defensive is forcing more. 3+ is always too many and zero sounds great but not quite a fair expectation IMO.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Weird things happen. Teams matchup differently against common opponents. I look for Wheelersburg to win this one.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm As for turnovers…sounds like Burg having trouble too, what’s a fair expectation for turnovers for a high school football team? I would never ever complain about a high school team going through a game with just 1 turnover and I feel like 2 is too many but there are no partial turnovers. I wouldn’t consider the turnover if it was a play before the half or desperation type play. The red zone ones hurt but they all do….if they aren’t in the red zone than they are giving the opponent good or great field position. I’d be accepting of two if the defensive is forcing more. 3+ is always too many and zero sounds great but not quite a fair expectation IMO.
Burg has to play mistake free to come out winners.

Return to “Football”