2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

frankie
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by frankie »

After reading here that Jackson's offense consists of all elite players at their positions I don't see how Burg has a chance in this game. :roll:

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

frankie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:29 pm After reading here that Jackson's offense consists of all elite players at their positions I don't see how Burg has a chance in this game. :roll:
I’ll go ahead and tell it like it is. Jackson has pretty solid athletes for SEO football

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I'll go with Jackson in this match up. I can't see burg scoring more then 7 in this game.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Really good game. Jackson by 10

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hearing Coach Hall did very heroic/commendable thing recently in helping a very elderly couple that he didn’t know. 👏👏👏 Thank You

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am
frankie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:29 pm After reading here that Jackson's offense consists of all elite players at their positions I don't see how Burg has a chance in this game. :roll:
I’ll go ahead and tell it like it is. Jackson has pretty solid athletes for SEO football
A lot of SEO schools have solid athletes. Maybe not the greatest in school history, at every position, and every year like at Jackson.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Definitely game of the week in our area.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg couldn't move the ball against the huge D-line of Pikeville. What makes anyone think they will move it against the D-line of Jackson??

Burg is young and inexperienced at O-line and the QB position. Not sure what the answer is for Burg on whether to stay with Stamper and get him ready for the next two years or go ahead and start playing Jones, who is the better runner of the two.

Burg is probably two years away when the 8th grade team will be Sophomores and the Sophomores this year will be Seniors with two years of varsity experience under there belt.

Burg is just down right now but will right the ship in due time. The kids they have play hard and give 110% every time they are on the field but they are just missing that elite athlete right now. That happens

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am Burg couldn't move the ball against the huge D-line of Pikeville. What makes anyone think they will move it against the D-line of Jackson??

Burg is young and inexperienced at O-line and the QB position. Not sure what the answer is for Burg on whether to stay with Stamper and get him ready for the next two years or go ahead and start playing Jones, who is the better runner of the two.

Burg is probably two years away when the 8th grade team will be Sophomores and the Sophomores this year will be Seniors with two years of varsity experience under there belt.

Burg is just down right now but will right the ship in due time. The kids they have play hard and give 110% every time they are on the field but they are just missing that elite athlete right now. That happens
Completely disagree. They took the best team they have faced to the wire with 3 turnovers. Same thing happened in ironton game. Burg is capable of winning this game but they don’t have the depth to overcome turnovers. That’s where they struggle. The senior class is relying on a lot of contributions from sophomores

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:24 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am Burg couldn't move the ball against the huge D-line of Pikeville. What makes anyone think they will move it against the D-line of Jackson??

Completely disagree. They took the best team they have faced to the wire with 3 turnovers. Same thing happened in ironton game. Burg is capable of winning this game but they don’t have the depth to overcome turnovers. That’s where they struggle. The senior class is relying on a lot of contributions from sophomores
ummm they had 6 turnovers

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Here we go again, if this hadn't happened or that hadn't happened Burg would have won the game. As always Burg is the better team. :lol:
Turnovers are part of the game, Ironton had them and many penalties and still beat you easily. Burg didn't take the Tigers to the wire.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:03 am Hearing Coach Hall did very heroic/commendable thing recently in helping a very elderly couple that he didn’t know. 👏👏👏 Thank You

elaborate

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Jackson by 14, this isn't your father's Wheelersburg.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Agreed, will be a good game I think, but I'll take the ironmen. What is the series breakdown between these two? Where's the guy that puts the series records on every thread? Jason something?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg is 15-8 all-time against Jackson per the Wheelersburg football website. Just google Wheelersburg football and you can find it there. Lot of interesting stuff in regards to Burg football on there

Burgfootball.com

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks. So if Jackson can get over the "it's Burg we are playing" mentality, I think they can win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Here we go again, if this hadn't happened or that hadn't happened Burg would have won the game. As always Burg is the better team. :lol:
Turnovers are part of the game, Ironton had them and many penalties and still beat you easily. Burg didn't take the Tigers to the wire.
Couldn’t ironton be 1-3 at this point? Like very easily 1-3. I wouldn’t brag too much.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:54 pm Thanks. So if Jackson can get over the "it's Burg we are playing" mentality, I think they can win.
I think they will. The last time they met in 2019 Jackson smacked them pretty good 35-15. I think that gave the Ironmen a ton of confidence against burg

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 am
A lot of SEO schools have solid athletes. Maybe not the greatest in school history, at every position, and every year like at Jackson.
You have no idea how right you are. Some of these former players always pick a few of us to turn into superheros, so that we can all return to the “glory years”…..whenever that was.🤪

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 am
Whoever told you that would be incorrect

Return to “Football”