2021 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by noreply66 »

It is very possible a team gets beat by a better team at times.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

I've seen both play Ironton and I believe the outcome will be the same as Ironton and Burg. Jackson with a running clock

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I think maybe a lot of people don't realize how good the Western Brown QB actually is. That offense is very good, and he is phenomenal. Jackson probably didn't play that badly on defense last week. However, you can't turn the ball over when playing against an explosive offense like that. You have to put plenty of points on the board, and Jackson just killed themselves with turnovers, three of which came inside the WB 25 yard line.

The loss at Ironton could obviously have been a close win, and truly should have been, but special teams are part of the game. Have to execute in all three phases, and not covering that kick was clearly a costly mistake.

I guess what I am saying is that this isn't a bad Jackson team. They're clearly talented. They lost two games that they easily could have won by catching just one break, but that's why they MUST learn to finish and MUST learn to take care of the football. If Jackson comes out and turns the ball over a bunch, they will lose to Wheelersburg. If they take care of the ball, I think they're the better team. I know that the staff and team are disappointed to be sitting at 2-2 when they feel like they're good enough to be 4-0. Things don't work out as expected most years, so just have to put it behind them and try to win out.

I think it's hard for a team that has traditionally been smash mouth to start throwing it all over the place. However, Jackson has a nice collection of skill players (which isn't often the case at Jackson historically). It seems like for many years, we would have great line play and only a couple skill kids that were difference makers. With several talented skill kids at the moment, I think they should definitely look for ways to get them all involved, and I think that's the thought process that the staff is currently following by trying to go to a more balanced offense. In turn, when the chips are down, it makes it hard to revert back to just lining up and running over people, so I think that's part of the struggle at times.

It's my opinion (and I'm just some fan from off the street) that if Jackson truly wants to be more balanced and throw the ball a decent amount, then Winters needs to be the QB 100% of the time. I know he has had injuries the last couple years, but if he is healthy enough to go, then he needs to be at the QB spot. Spires is a great athlete and a fantastic player, and I think he is a solid QB. But if we're talking about maximizing the full potential of the offense, I think Winters at QB and Spires at RB is the way to go. Winters running from the QB position is still very dangerous and can be incorporated into the running game very easily. But, his arm talent is undeniable. Again, just my opinion, for what it's worth, which probably isn't much. The staff sees these kids every single day and knows their strengths and weaknesses, and obviously wants to win more than anyone, so they'll do what they think is best.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not many posts from Tha Burg faithful?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:54 pm Not many posts from Tha Burg faithful?
They will be back after they beat a couple weak SOC teams

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

This will be a good measuring stick for Wheelersburg’s improvement. Last week not a fair judgement, taking a tough assignment on short notice. Went for a challenge instead of an easy win, which is what good programs do. Need to compete here or you can safely write them off as a team making noise in R19.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:54 pm Not many posts from Tha Burg faithful?
They will be back after they beat a couple weak SOC teams

Down year for the SOC unfortunately id say Waverly the only one doing good and that’s if they would stop getting their games cancelled

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Football is about matchups.

Waverly has learned that harshly against Wheelersburg.

07 beat minFord 33-2
Wheelersburg barely beat minford
Waverly gets trounced by burg 31-7

I’m not buying that Wheelersburg is that down. And Wheelersburg being down is not good for anyone around here.

Is it possible that Jackson played their best vs ironton and ironton had their worst game. Definitely.

Watched a better Waverly team get trounced by unioto then come and play a very good game against burg.

Look for this to be close.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

W'burg doesn't have the horses in this one to keep it from being a blowout.

W'burg 10
Jackson 42, but It'll be closer than the score, also if Jackson didn't have all those recruits from Oak Hill, Wellston, and Vinton. lol!

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.
Really think you meant to leave elite out of this sentence. I know for sure Jackson has very good athletes and 2-3 are probably tops in the area but when we talk about "elite" that player is put on a much different level. You don't score 10 points in a game, you don't score 28 and lose to a bad defense, Western Brown Quarterback now you can probably put the elite label on him, but you can also see they're scoring 50 a game and put up 33 against one of the top defenses in the area.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ironman02 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:12 pm I think maybe a lot of people don't realize how good the Western Brown QB actually is. That offense is very good, and he is phenomenal. Jackson probably didn't play that badly on defense last week. However, you can't turn the ball over when playing against an explosive offense like that. You have to put plenty of points on the board, and Jackson just killed themselves with turnovers, three of which came inside the WB 25 yard line.

The loss at Ironton could obviously have been a close win, and truly should have been, but special teams are part of the game. Have to execute in all three phases, and not covering that kick was clearly a costly mistake.

I guess what I am saying is that this isn't a bad Jackson team. They're clearly talented. They lost two games that they easily could have won by catching just one break, but that's why they MUST learn to finish and MUST learn to take care of the football. If Jackson comes out and turns the ball over a bunch, they will lose to Wheelersburg. If they take care of the ball, I think they're the better team. I know that the staff and team are disappointed to be sitting at 2-2 when they feel like they're good enough to be 4-0. Things don't work out as expected most years, so just have to put it behind them and try to win out.

I think it's hard for a team that has traditionally been smash mouth to start throwing it all over the place. However, Jackson has a nice collection of skill players (which isn't often the case at Jackson historically). It seems like for many years, we would have great line play and only a couple skill kids that were difference makers. With several talented skill kids at the moment, I think they should definitely look for ways to get them all involved, and I think that's the thought process that the staff is currently following by trying to go to a more balanced offense. In turn, when the chips are down, it makes it hard to revert back to just lining up and running over people, so I think that's part of the struggle at times.

It's my opinion (and I'm just some fan from off the street) that if Jackson truly wants to be more balanced and throw the ball a decent amount, then Winters needs to be the QB 100% of the time. I know he has had injuries the last couple years, but if he is healthy enough to go, then he needs to be at the QB spot. Spires is a great athlete and a fantastic player, and I think he is a solid QB. But if we're talking about maximizing the full potential of the offense, I think Winters at QB and Spires at RB is the way to go. Winters running from the QB position is still very dangerous and can be incorporated into the running game very easily. But, his arm talent is undeniable. Again, just my opinion, for what it's worth, which probably isn't much. The staff sees these kids every single day and knows their strengths and weaknesses, and obviously wants to win more than anyone, so they'll do what they think is best.
Western Brown with their style simply gives Jackson fits and when you put a QB like that in there it makes it that much more difficult. You go back and look at the scoring over the years with Western Brown and you can see the problems jackson has had. As I said in my prediction post with Jackson taking this by 2 scores, Burg doesn't have that style of offense nor do they have a QB anywhere comparable to WB's QB, I believe Burg's style matches up with Jackson. Should be a good game.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:12 pm W'burg doesn't have the horses in this one to keep it from being a blowout.

W'burg 10
Jackson 42, but It'll be closer than the score, also if Jackson didn't have all those recruits from Oak Hill, Wellston, and Vinton. lol!
They have two kids from vinton county. One moved to Jackson in 5th or 6th grade and the other moved in 9th grade.
Other than the two I just mentioned who else are you referring to?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm Jackson has elite athletes everywhere on offense. Maybe the best in school history.
Really think you meant to leave elite out of this sentence. I know for sure Jackson has very good athletes and 2-3 are probably tops in the area but when we talk about "elite" that player is put on a much different level. You don't score 10 points in a game, you don't score 28 and lose to a bad defense, Western Brown Quarterback now you can probably put the elite label on him, but you can also see they're scoring 50 a game and put up 33 against one of the top defenses in the area.

ironmen98 believes they are elite but in reality they are far from elite. You don't go 2-2 with elite athletes everywhere on your offense.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:12 pm W'burg doesn't have the horses in this one to keep it from being a blowout.

W'burg 10
Love a list of them, lol, especially when you're using the word recruit do you have evidence of this? Or is this another case where open enrollment and the word recruit go hand in hand? Winters came from River Valley in 8th grade year I believe, Spires came over from Vinton with everything that went down with one of the previous coaches, who else ya got that we don't already know about??

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:23 pm

W'burg 10
Love a list of them, lol, especially when you're using the word recruit do you have evidence of this? Or is this another case where open enrollment and the word recruit go hand in hand? Winters came from River Valley in 8th grade year I believe, Spires came over from Vinton with everything that went down with one of the previous coaches, who else ya got that we don't already know about??
Exactly. Prater came to Jackson from vinton county when he was in 6th grade. Winters came right before his 7th grade year. Prater, winters, and spires is all we have and they have been going to Jackson for multiple years. I wouldn’t even count prater and winters. They moved at the beginning of junior high.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:23 pm

W'burg 10
Winters played 7th grade football and basketball at River Valley
Winters ran track for Jackson in 7th grade

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

It's a troll job on the Burg people who cry about transfers...

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Yes Jackson has elite athletes best thing they are still underclassmen. Mastin is the best linebacker in SEO along with winters wolford prater all best at defense. These guys waxed Tri Valley. Haters are gonna say yeh but they lost two games. Burg is just about to find out what they are all about. Mistakes that’s it stinking mistakes. Don’t let that fool you. These guys can flat out play the game. Personnel and dare I say some play calling have been very questionable on the offensive side of the ball. You cannot run a 2 qb system.

It’s time to kick the tires an light the mother F$&@:; fires. Nothing would send the message better that putting up 50 on da burg! I’m fired up tonight and I know that the coaches and players are sick and tired of losing. They are practicing till 7pm. JV game canceled some serious ax kicking time. By god they will be ready come Friday night. Burg might just think about waving the white flag before it starts. By the time this ones over they are going to be looking to throw in the towel. The ironmen will be out for blood. Get ready to see the full potential. I have no doubts it’s coming!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 pm Yes Jackson has elite athletes best thing they are still underclassmen. Mastin is the best linebacker in SEO along with winters wolford prater all best at defense. These guys waxed Tri Valley. Haters are gonna say yeh but they lost two games. Burg is just about to find out what they are all about. Mistakes that’s it stinking mistakes. Don’t let that fool you. These guys can flat out play the game. Personnel and dare I say some play calling have been very questionable on the offensive side of the ball. You cannot run a 2 qb system.

It’s time to kick the tires an light the mother F$&@:; fires. Nothing would send the message better that putting up 50 on da burg! I’m fired up tonight and I know that the coaches and players are sick and tired of losing. They are practicing till 7pm. JV game canceled some serious ax kicking time. By god they will be ready come Friday night. Burg might just think about waving the white flag before it starts. By the time this ones over they are going to be looking to throw in the towel. The ironmen will be out for blood. Get ready to see the full potential. I have no doubts it’s coming!
I like what I’m hearing 🇺🇸

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 pm Yes Jackson has elite athletes best thing they are still underclassmen. Mastin is the best linebacker in SEO along with winters wolford prater all best at defense. These guys waxed Tri Valley. Haters are gonna say yeh but they lost two games. Burg is just about to find out what they are all about. Mistakes that’s it stinking mistakes. Don’t let that fool you. These guys can flat out play the game. Personnel and dare I say some play calling have been very questionable on the offensive side of the ball. You cannot run a 2 qb system.

I admire the intensity haha. It sounds like we need to get you a help and a set of pads for Friday

Return to “Football”