Trimble (3-0) @ John Marshall (2-1)

Pat
Varsity

Re: Trimble (3-0) @ John Marshall (2-1)

Post by Pat »

Superman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 pm
Roy Mcavoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:31 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am

Fort Frye has 2 D6 final 4s in last 3 years and have not lost a game in the Reg season since 2017. None of that means jack Friday.
My comment had nothing to do with Fort Frye's success, it's directed at the people saying Trimble is dodging teams
Unfortunately you can't have a Trimble thread on this board without this clown coming in and spouting off about Fort Frye. He has a weird obsession with the Cats.
He's not as bad as that ff guy. That dude goes on everyones' threads and says they're scared to play Fort Frye.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Pat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:30 pm
Roy Mcavoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:31 pm
My comment had nothing to do with Fort Frye's success, it's directed at the people saying Trimble is dodging teams
Unfortunately you can't have a Trimble thread on this board without this clown coming in and spouting off about Fort Frye. He has a weird obsession with the Cats.
He's not as bad as that ff guy. That dude goes on everyones' threads and says they're scared to play Fort Frye.
Not everyone, just tvc ohio teams. Trimble not afraid to play anyone

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm
Pat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Not everyone, just tvc ohio teams. Trimble not afraid to play anyone
Ridgewood isn't scared to play you though. But you won't answer their call. And NY is so scared to play you that they voted yes for you to come into the league where they'd have to play you every year. So, not so fast my friend.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Ridgewood call was answered. NY had their chance to keep us on schedule, declined. Agree to disagree

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:15 pm Ridgewood call was answered. NY had their chance to keep us on schedule, declined. Agree to disagree
Two things you can't dispute are: NY voted yes for FF to come into the TVC Ohio knowing if they got in they'd have to play them every year, and Ridgewood reached out to FF for a game and FF declined. Those two things are facts. As far as if the call was answered I don't have any proof that it wasn't, so you may be correct as far as that goes.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Pat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:29 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:15 pm Ridgewood call was answered. NY had their chance to keep us on schedule, declined. Agree to disagree
Two things you can't dispute are: NY voted yes for FF to come into the TVC Ohio knowing if they got in they'd have to play them every year, and Ridgewood reached out to FF for a game and FF declined. Those two things are facts. As far as if the call was answered I don't have any proof that it wasn't, so you may be correct as far as that goes.
Definitely those 2 things are facts One thing that is also true is that NY decided not to keep us on the schedule, that is a fact. Don't have to be in a league together to play every year. I'm sure FF declined ridgewood due to strength of schedule we already had signed up and also the week they could play. Tough for a d6 school to play all or mostly d3-d5 schedule, but that may be what it comes to.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Definitely those 2 things are facts One thing that is also true is that NY decided not to keep us on the schedule, that is a fact. Don't have to be in a league together to play every year. I'm sure FF declined ridgewood due to strength of schedule we already had signed up and also the week they could play. Tough for a d6 school to play all or mostly d3-d5 schedule, but that may be what it comes to.
NY did decide not to play you in non conference. But if they were scared to play you they would surely have voted against you coming into the league.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Pat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:43 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm

NY did decide not to play you in non conference. But if they were scared to play you they would surely have voted against you coming into the league.
Agreed, never said scared. Just said dropped us off the schedule. Common sense says if they really wanted to keep playing a team they would keep them on the schedule. Again, never said scared. Just dropped.

Savin Davey
Waterboy

Post by Savin Davey »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:34 pm
Lakers23 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm Has anyone heard if Trimble is at full strength or missing anyone this week?
All is good this week may have to cancel next week
I bet they wish they would have cancelled last week. That one had to sting.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Savin Davey wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:38 pm
Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:34 pm
Lakers23 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm Has anyone heard if Trimble is at full strength or missing anyone this week?
All is good this week may have to cancel next week
I bet they wish they would have cancelled last week. That one had to sting.
is that first running clock put on Trimble

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:52 pm JM is the largest school in WV last I checked. They’re located directly across the river from Shadyside. Their program is turning in the right direction but I would give Trimble the edge by atleast 2 TDs
No, John Marshall isn't even close to the biggest school in the state anymore. Wheeling Park is much bigger. JM has an average graduation class of about 250 now.

I do have to ask: why is this game being played? JM apparently cancelled a game with Princeton to schedule this one. Princeton is a long trip, but they are much closer to us in size.

John Marshall would never consider playing a school the size of Shadyside, River, Beallsville, or Bridgeport. It seems like we are playing a school about that size.

Trimble plays good football at their size. It's not about how good or bad their football is. It's just that there is way too much disparity in enrollments.

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

Fort Frye is playing the likes of Lima Central Catholic and Saint Henry. They aren't ducking anybody. If the small schools in southeast Ohio want to bring home the big trophy, they are going to have beat the strongest small schools in western Ohio.

Return to “Football”