Portsmouth West vs KIPP Academy

SiderBlood
All Conference

Portsmouth West vs KIPP Academy

Post by SiderBlood »

I know very little about KIPP. I think we have handled them easily in the past year or two. Hopefully another game to develop our system and get better. In the first few games I'm getting the feeling coach G is a lot like Jim Tressel. We step back and get conservative after a few touchdowns. We could have hung 80 I believe on Wellston. Which is not a bad knock on him, coach Tressel won a lot of football games. Im not suggesting we should have hung 80. I think our defense is pretty stout. #12 Klaiber has the next level nose for the ball. He Flys to it and brings the wood. We have lost 2 close games to 2 of the best teams in Southern Ohio right now. Im hoping those losses will be beneficial down the stretch. I know this team is capable of beating anyone, I kind of like how we are under the radar.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Portsmouth West vs KIPP Academy

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Kipp is 3-1 and the teams were 2-8 combined. Lost big to Columbus academy who is not great this year. I think west wins.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

West gets the W in this one. Any word on if the new turf field will be ready for the Waverly game?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

West should put this one away early and then work on things that need worked on under game conditions and then finish things off with as many as the starters watching from the sideline.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Senators

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm Kipp is 3-1 and the teams were 2-8 combined. Lost big to Columbus academy who is not great this year. I think west wins.
Where is KIPP Academy located ?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:41 pm West gets the W in this one. Any word on if the new turf field will be ready for the Waverly game?
I had heard that was originally the plan, but the latest update I had was that the turf manufacturer was shut down for the time being because of COVID and added more delays. Hopefully it still happens.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

6 guys scored Touchdowns for the Varsity Friday. If they continue to evolve on both sides of the ball as they have the last 2 weeks they are gonna be hard to beat.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:34 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm Kipp is 3-1 and the teams were 2-8 combined. Lost big to Columbus academy who is not great this year. I think west wins.
Franklin county so Columbus. I had to check joe eitel because I didn’t know either

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:21 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:34 pm
Franklin county so Columbus. I had to check joe eitel because I didn’t know either
Thank you. I had heard of KIPP Academy before but wasn't sure where they were located.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:36 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:41 pm West gets the W in this one. Any word on if the new turf field will be ready for the Waverly game?
I had heard that was originally the plan, but the latest update I had was that the turf manufacturer was shut down for the time being because of COVID and added more delays. Hopefully it still happens.
Will be a shame if theres more delays, Waverly would be quite the first game on the new field. Could serve as an extra motivator for West as well.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:34 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:36 pm
Will be a shame if theres more delays, Waverly would be quite the first game on the new field. Could serve as an extra motivator for West as well.
I agree 100 percent. Someone has dropped the ball on this project anyways, shouldn't be at the stand still it is. Home field advantage is real, and 6 games in without it makes a difference.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Been told that Kipp has some excellent athletes with speed and good size. West will probably overpower them. Should be a good game to work on the secondary in preparation for Waverly

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

There wont be any games played at West this year unfortunately.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

West Side Pride wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 pm There wont be any games played at West this year unfortunately.
If thats the case they should play at Portsmouth on Saturdays. Could bring in a bigger gate with everyone else playing on Friday and its only a 5 minute change in location. Plenty of room.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 pm
West Side Pride wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 pm There wont be any games played at West this year unfortunately.
If thats the case they should play at Portsmouth on Saturdays. Could bring in a bigger gate with everyone else playing on Friday and its only a 5 minute change in location. Plenty of room.
Was told Portsmouth won't let us use their field again. Don't know the reason.

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

Is there a link to this game being live streamed?

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

That is too bad. Why?

Hampshire
JV Team

Post by Hampshire »

West 29
KIPP 20

Final

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »