Ironton vs. Waverly

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Ironton vs. Waverly

Post by LetsBeReal »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:24 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:21 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 pm

True but idk if this was initially presented as a hypothetical for example.

Or a better example is the indoor ironton facility. Readily available real info and yet no effort to share it. Instead they just run w the gossip.
Yeah true, we have new mega conference talks to. And the game is more likely now than ever before. Just takes two cancellations.

And schools like Waverly and Ironton being top teams for SEO would be harder to pass up.

My wishlist to see this season

Waverly-Piketon
Waverly-Jackson
Waverly-Ironton
Waverly-Portsmouth
Waverly-Fairland
Waverly-(any other top team in area)
Huge Games and Big Crowds for the first 4

Now I’m hoping to see Chillicothe back on schedule.
100% agree with Piketon being on the schedule wish that game was still played every season. Now that Waverly has had success id like to see Jackson back on the schedule. Having played Fairland in recent memory wasn’t too bad just don’t like it bc they aren’t D IV like when we played them last. Portsmouth as the jamboree hasn’t been bad not opposed to making them a regular season game. Ironton isn’t bad choice either playing against the best brings the best out of you, and I really like their stadium too
Yeah it makes it tough when programs hit ruts but with Waverly being strong for 5 years I think Jackson should be picked back up.

Piketons best teams hardly see Waverly anymore.
I think this game should be played regardless.
4 miles apart and only 1 division apart.

Other teams are matchups based on each programs current standing. Covid makes fun matchups like Wheelersburg vs Pikeville and Moeller vs Ironton happen.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Teams like ironton burg waverly Port W, Port, Jackson, should play each other every season tbh. Big gates. Really good competitive games w enthusiastic fans. Makes all the sense in the world.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Yeah true, we have new mega conference talks to. And the game is more likely now than ever before. Just takes two cancellations.

And schools like Waverly and Ironton being top teams for SEO would be harder to pass up.

Waverly-Piketon
Waverly-Jackson
Waverly-Ironton
Waverly-Portsmouth
Waverly-Fairland

100% agree with Piketon being on the schedule wish that game was still played every season. Now that Waverly has had success id like to see Jackson back on the schedule. Having played Fairland in recent memory wasn’t too bad just don’t like it bc they aren’t D IV like when we played them last. Portsmouth as the jamboree hasn’t been bad not opposed to making them a regular season game. Ironton isn’t bad choice either playing against the best brings the best out of you, and I really like their stadium too
Yeah it makes it tough when programs hit ruts but with Waverly being strong for 5 years I think Jackson should be picked back up.

Other teams are matchups based on each programs current standing. Covid makes fun matchups like Wheelersburg vs Pikeville and Moeller vs Ironton happen.

That’s been the only silver lining of covid so far is the matchups that some teams have had the 2 you listed are perfect examples, all storied programs in their own right

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

When was the last time Portsmouth West won the SOC? Portsmouth West of today isn't the same as the teams of yesteryear, late 70s and 80s.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

FIDO wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:24 pm When was the last time Portsmouth West won the SOC? Portsmouth West of today isn't the same as the teams of yesteryear, late 70s and 80s.
I’ve been looking for this one website someone showed me on here that documents a lot of southern Ohio history.

If anyone knows it please shout it out!

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Waverly-Piketon
Waverly-Jackson
Waverly-Ironton
Waverly-Portsmouth
Waverly-Fairland

Piketon's overall record against Waverly is 5-25. I think Maybe the lack of games between the two is probably mutual, especially since playoff have started.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

West in Soc since 2000,
won in 2001,2002, 2003 (split), 2008
Runner up : 2005, 2011,2014, 2017

Return to “Football”