Ironton vs. Waverly

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Ironton vs. Waverly

Post by Beergogglebluez »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:55 pm Ironton can’t just call it a JV game unless South Point does the same. OHSAA may not look fondly all all South Point’s varsity players playing a JV game to help another school effectively circumvent the 10 game max, not to mention the embarrassment for the SP program being publicly called a JV team.

Smells wrong to me. SP cancels with covid, sure. But I’d be surprised if this happens in this way.
I wouldn’t be shocked 1 bit if it was cancelled.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:53 pm Yeah looks like a false rumor. Would of been awesome
Especially if played at Waverly so I get to announce it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

frankie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:01 pm
tigertrain wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 pm I just heard the rumors its in the making. Ironton making the South Point game a JV game

This true???? Would be really dope and a SEO Dandy... who you got?

Is this poster who I think he is? :D
Oh no, do you think it is?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

And anyone believe this lmao

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 am And anyone believe this lmao
NO

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:19 am
biggdowgg wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 am And anyone believe this lmao
NO

Should have said "like" anyone believes it.

Why would either team take a chance on getting beat in a unscheduled game with top 4 getting 2 home games lol

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Where did this come from? Anyone ask that yet? I didn't notice any sourcing before it just started being discussed?

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

neutral field
[2021] Ironton (OH) 22, [2021] Waverly (OH) 19

If cancellations continue this game needs to happen!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

It would be the most exciting game in the area this season with possibly a sell out crowd! But it would be a bad match up for Ironton. Waverly had a noticeable speed advantage in the scrimmage, and too many waverly receivers running open in the secondary. Ironton needs a game like this to prepare for teams like Ridgewood in the playoffs, and it would help prepare waverly for teams like Clinton Massie. This game needs to happen if at all possible.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 am It would be the most exciting game in the area this season with possibly a sell out crowd! But it would be a bad match up for Ironton. Waverly had a noticeable speed advantage in the scrimmage, and too many waverly receivers running open in the secondary. Ironton needs a game like this to prepare for teams like Ridgewood in the playoffs, and it would help prepare waverly for teams like Clinton Massie. This game needs to happen if at all possible.
Ironton just played the fastest WR core in the state last week. 2 of the top 3 finishers in the 100 meter in Ohio this spring play WR for Moeller and both have D1 scholarship offers. I don’t think Waverly’s speed will cause problems for Ironton. Heard today that Irontons starting QB is back this week. He hasn’t practiced at all this year according to a fan but sounds like he’s finally ready. I think Ironton is getting ready to hit their stride.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Not sure why this topic is still up or why people are comparing how the game would go, as it will never happen this year lol

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:59 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 am It would be the most exciting game in the area this season with possibly a sell out crowd! But it would be a bad match up for Ironton. Waverly had a noticeable speed advantage in the scrimmage, and too many waverly receivers running open in the secondary. Ironton needs a game like this to prepare for teams like Ridgewood in the playoffs, and it would help prepare waverly for teams like Clinton Massie. This game needs to happen if at all possible.
Ironton just played the fastest WR core in the state last week. 2 of the top 3 finishers in the 100 meter in Ohio this spring play WR for Moeller and both have D1 scholarship offers. I don’t think Waverly’s speed will cause problems for Ironton. Heard today that Irontons starting QB is back this week. He hasn’t practiced at all this year according to a fan but sounds like he’s finally ready. I think Ironton is getting ready to hit their stride.
And Fairland took them to OT. Jackson should of won and lost on a miracle play. Then they go play strong against a top school in the state.

Guy was comparing strengths and weaknesses. Ironton is very streaky with play right now. They were just making an honest assessment based on the scrimmage and 7 on7. Relax no one called Waverly the browns or bengals. Don’t be mad that ironton isn’t them either

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:28 am Not sure why this topic is still up or why people are comparing how the game would go, as it will never happen this year lol
These people love gossip and absolutely HATE facts and information.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:55 pm
BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:28 am Not sure why this topic is still up or why people are comparing how the game would go, as it will never happen this year lol
That’s generally get when you are in a forum. Especially when it comes to high school sports. Should be expected. People like to talk hypotheticals.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:10 pm
That’s generally get when you are in a forum. Especially when it comes to high school sports. Should be expected. People like to talk hypotheticals.
True but idk if this was initially presented as a hypothetical for example.

Or a better example is the indoor ironton facility. Readily available real info and yet no effort to share it. Instead they just run w the gossip.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Rock Hill vs Ironton may be the best game in Southern ohio this year. Redmen will pull off the upset.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Or a better example is the indoor ironton facility. Readily available real info and yet no effort to share it. Instead they just run w the gossip.
Yeah true, we have new mega conference talks to. And the game is more likely now than ever before. Just takes two cancellations.

And schools like Waverly and Ironton being top teams for SEO would be harder to pass up.

My wishlist to see this season

Waverly-Piketon
Waverly-Jackson
Waverly-Ironton
Waverly-Portsmouth
Waverly-Fairland
Waverly-(any other top team in area)
Huge Games and Big Crowds for the first 4

Now I’m hoping to see Chillicothe back on schedule.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Yeah true, we have new mega conference talks to. And the game is more likely now than ever before. Just takes two cancellations.

And schools like Waverly and Ironton being top teams for SEO would be harder to pass up.

Waverly-Piketon
Waverly-Jackson
Waverly-Ironton
Waverly-Portsmouth
Waverly-Fairland

It should happen. Huge games.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Waverly-Piketon
Waverly-Jackson
Waverly-Ironton
Waverly-Portsmouth
Waverly-Fairland

100% agree with Piketon being on the schedule wish that game was still played every season. Now that Waverly has had success id like to see Jackson back on the schedule. Having played Fairland in recent memory wasn’t too bad just don’t like it bc they aren’t D IV like when we played them last. Portsmouth as the jamboree hasn’t been bad not opposed to making them a regular season game. Ironton isn’t bad choice either playing against the best brings the best out of you, and I really like their stadium too

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:17 pm Rock Hill vs Ironton may be the best game in Southern ohio this year. Redmen will pull off the upset.
Hot take of the week. Woohaa.

Return to “Football”