The state of Irontons state championship goals at the halway point of the regular season.

BigGame99

The state of Irontons state championship goals at the halway point of the regular season.

Post by BigGame99 »

New rankings are out. Ironton currently ranks 3rd in d5.
Of those top 5 teams Ironton has the least offensive production but has been one of the better defensive teams in all of Ohio. We are going on being 5 weeks into the regular season. Is there any indication Ironton will improve offensively? The remainder of the regular seasons strength of schedule is poor. Irontons offensive production will likely trend higher because of that. But will it be productive in the post season where it traditionally trends downward as they advance?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Re: The state of Irontons state championship goals at the halway point of the regular season.

Post by GalliaTribe »

Will it end before they get to Kirtland?

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Re: The state of Irontons state championship goals at the halway point of the regular season.

Post by Tow Head »

Call me crazy but I wish Trimble could play Ironton this year. Two best defenses in the area going head to head. The Cats held their own in a JV game when some of this years seniors were playing. Would love to see this happen.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Tow Head wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:12 pm Call me crazy but I wish Trimble could play Ironton this year. Two best defenses in the area going head to head. The Cats held their own in a JV game when some of this years seniors were playing. Would love to see this happen.

I won't call you crazy, but maybe a little overly ambitious. Lol. Also I'm not sure I'd rank the trimble defense as top 2 in the area.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Unpopular opinion. The d5 state title game will not be a rematch.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:20 pm
Tow Head wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:12 pm Call me crazy but I wish Trimble could play Ironton this year. Two best defenses in the area going head to head. The Cats held their own in a JV game when some of this years seniors were playing. Would love to see this happen.

I won't call you crazy, but maybe a little overly ambitious. Lol. Also I'm not sure I'd rank the trimble defense as top 2 in the area.
I want to agree but idk. I still feel like Irontons week to week cause they just can't score on good teams. We are at the regular seasons halfway mark. Weeks 7, 8, 9, and 10 are when u are polishing up and making it shiny for weeks 11, 12 etc. Supposed to be washed up already and ready to shine in about two weeks. The offense is behind schedule in my opinion and against good comp, that makes em vulnerable.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

So it feels like the same ol where as the level of comp increases our offense spits and sputters. Headed for the same. I wanna hope gettin a couple guys healthy is the fix all but realistically is it as easy as just pluggin in the new qb in what, week 6? 7? 8? For me it's the offense. It's almost always the offense in big games.

Return to “Football”