Ironton building a full indoor practice field???

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Re: Ironton building a full indoor practice field???

Post by GalliaTribe »

BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm Working on it for a year? The way Ironton runs their social media no one knew about this?
Review the thread
How are teams in SEO affording to do this? Since this thread is about Ironton and their people are talking about it on here. Where is the money coming from? Curious because I know the state cannot do it.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:22 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm Working on it for a year? The way Ironton runs their social media no one knew about this?
Review the thread
How are teams in SEO affording to do this? Since this thread is about Ironton and their people are talking about it on here. Where is the money coming from? Curious because I know the state cannot do it.
Well I think this is just typical for Ironton and southern ohio in general. It's rumor and exaggeration based off of a fraction of old info. After you move out of that area you start to observe that rumors and gossip are valued with a lot more frequency than facts or real information. And old news is still new news there. So they stumble on this idea from over a year ago via gossip instead of real information and pass along all the false or exaggerated stuff that got added to it along the way. Idk why it is like that there but it is and always has been from my memory. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Where is this money coming from?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Sure would like to see some pics of these facilities in SEO that has already been built.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Somewhere in the football forum should have pictures of the one in Logan.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

IMG_2391.JPG
IMG_2403.JPG
With this being an Ironton topic I just put a couple of Logan's

This just shows the track and basketball area

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Wow, that’s nice!

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:00 pm Sure would like to see some pics of these facilities in SEO that has already been built.
When they initailly announced the fundraiser event they released a concept graphic.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:16 pm IMG_2391.JPGIMG_2403.JPG

Real nice.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:08 am Valley is already in the process of building one as well.
I wasn’t exactly sure if that is what it was going to be but that’s really cool

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:47 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:08 am Valley is already in the process of building one as well.
I wasn’t exactly sure if that is what it was going to be but that’s really cool
Yeah, should be nice when it’s finished. Good for all the athletes.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Savin Davey wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm There were plans for one of these when Davey was still at the helm. Big Boy was the booster pres and he had people working together to get it done and mostly privately funded. Not sure what ever happened to that but since they are both gone now I doubt it ever happens.
That was never going to happen because Davey and "Big Boy" hated each other and the super was too dumb to get it done. It's more likely to happen now with the new super who seems to be getting a lot of things done and the money is still there. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

This will be awesome for the kids. Just hope it’s used for all sports and not just football. Maybe they will post some drawings on it soon?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:16 pm IMG_2391.JPGIMG_2403.JPG

For anyone who has not seen the Chieftain Center at Logan High School, it is very large and also very nice.

Savin Davey
Waterboy

Post by Savin Davey »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:53 pm
Savin Davey wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm There were plans for one of these when Davey was still at the helm. Big Boy was the booster pres and he had people working together to get it done and mostly privately funded. Not sure what ever happened to that but since they are both gone now I doubt it ever happens.
That was never going to happen because Davey and "Big Boy" hated each other and the super was too dumb to get it done. It's more likely to happen now with the new super who seems to be getting a lot of things done and the money is still there. :mrgreen:
Ted had it all planned out. He was the mastermind. Then he had to go and make some stupid comment that got him fired and the place went to heII in short order there after.

Return to “Football”