Ironton building a full indoor practice field???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ironton building a full indoor practice field???

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:16 am
XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm Rumor is Ironton has the funding to build a full indoor practice field next to the stadium. Heard it’s going to be a full field with a huge weight room, locker room, luxury seat box and Hall of fame. If this is true, WOW 👀👀👀. Ironton will then also have the best facilities in the area. Coach Pendelton is putting his stamp on the program and the direction he wants athletics to go if this happens.
Jackson is getting the same thing but they are also installing an ice cream machine
With the money they make selling ice cream they can finally stop charging to park. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:56 am
XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:50 am I was told it will be a lot like Logan’s facility. Love the idea of the Hall of fame. The town will love that. Heard this facility will also have indoor hitting areas for baseball/softball. A 10,000 square foot weight room possibly used as a community wellness center as well. The facility will also be used to host events. Maybe a wrestling room for Irontons new wrestling team.
Does Kirtland have one? Wow, Ironton is really out doing themselves. Wonder where the money is coming from because you know the state isn’t paying for that. Didn’t realize Ironton or Lawrence county had that kind of money. We definitely don’t in Gallia. 😂
Kirtland doesn’t have turf or a new press box. These indoor facilities are neat but to me a waste of money. Money could be used in a better manner in our area. Just my opinion. Not hating on them because they are useful.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I hope burg never gets one.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:21 am I hope burg never gets one.
Burg has one for softball already

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:23 am
That is a private owned company that charges for use.

Pissstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pissstop Billy »

and yet they still cant beat Kirtland

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:28 am
The Regulator wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:23 am
That is a private owned company that charges for use.
Ok, I know of a few girls from Lawrence Co that go there down and they just call it Burg's indoor facility

Savin Davey
Waterboy

Post by Savin Davey »

There were plans for one of these when Davey was still at the helm. Big Boy was the booster pres and he had people working together to get it done and mostly privately funded. Not sure what ever happened to that but since they are both gone now I doubt it ever happens.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Osugobucks2000 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:35 am That should make recruiting less stressful and much easier.
It's an art! :>)

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:09 am All joking aside… This project is really happening. The rumor came
From a very reliable Fighting Tiger and it will be announced soon. I’ve heard they have been working on the project for over a year now. Also heard there will be stadium upgrades to go along with it. Source said visitors side bleachers and press box. Possibly adding bleachers across endzone, scoreboard and 25 second play clocks. The facility is suppose to be built where old swimming pool and park is behind visitors side of bleachers from my understanding. We will find out soon.
We need a scoreboard in the worst way...no play clock and I'd love to see us have one like Jackson with the huge screen, that's just unreal!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

kantucky wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:51 pm
Osugobucks2000 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:35 am That should make recruiting less stressful and much easier.
It's an art! :>)
When Pendleton leaves for USC, is he taking his recruiting coordinator with him? hahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Any word on when it’s all gonna be finished?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm Any word on when it’s all gonna be finished?
Or start? I think they need to allocate some money for the visitors bleachers. Expand. Those aren’t friendly

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:57 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm Any word on when it’s all gonna be finished?
Or start? I think they need to allocate some money for the visitors bleachers. Expand. Those aren’t friendly
I thought I saw a post that said they’ve been working on it for about a year now. It definitely sounds like it’s gonna quite the project. I can only imagine how much money all that would cost

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Working on it for a year? The way Ironton runs their social media no one knew about this?

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Already falling behind Ironton in recruiting and you want more of the same?

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm Working on it for a year? The way Ironton runs their social media no one knew about this?
Review the thread

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:39 am
XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:35 pm Rumor is Ironton has the funding to build a full indoor practice field next to the stadium. Heard it’s going to be a full field with a huge weight room, locker room, luxury seat box and Hall of fame. If this is true, WOW 👀👀👀. Ironton will then also have the best facilities in the area. Coach Pendelton is putting his stamp on the program and the direction he wants athletics to go if this happens.
Per my reference above.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210915-013747_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210915-014006_Facebook.jpg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:21 pm
Yep. Like it the old way when you earned it.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:21 pm
Yep. Like it the old way when you earned it.
Or is your perception of what is earned or not earned outdated or distorted? As the game changes at every level you have to adapt to it. Many would say and have an argument that southeast ohio teams are not very good and therefore not really deserving of playoffs ( for example) Eg: they didn't play anybody. It wasn't earned. I remember Ironton went 10 - 0 one year and was left out of the playoffs. Didn't earn it. So my example is plausible. The kids still work hard no matter where they go to play.

Return to “Football”