NW vs Valley Round 2

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: NW vs Valley Round 2

Post by greygoose »

Fan of the youth wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:43 pm I would rather give some credit to Valley then all the blame on NW. I watched the feed online and neither team killed their chances tonight, both had good plays and bad plays. It seems to me Valley has improved more as a team and many more players were involved tonight. A full week of prep for the coaches and the players showed tonight for Valley. Good luck to both teams in conference play. Valley has a punchers chance and look for them to surprise so teams. I think NW should still be a favorite in SOC I.
Nah, unless they've got players coming back I don't think they beat SV and I think ND gives them a game but that one would be more of a toss up

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 pm
Fan of the youth wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:43 pm I would rather give some credit to Valley then all the blame on NW. I watched the feed online and neither team killed their chances tonight, both had good plays and bad plays. It seems to me Valley has improved more as a team and many more players were involved tonight. A full week of prep for the coaches and the players showed tonight for Valley. Good luck to both teams in conference play. Valley has a punchers chance and look for them to surprise so teams. I think NW should still be a favorite in SOC I.
Nah, unless they've got players coming back I don't think they beat SV and I think ND gives them a game but that one would be more of a toss up
Yeah I just don’t see to many wins left for northwest unless they get everyone back which sucks because valley sure could use the playoff points they would get from them. It’s not looking good for valley since I think only teams they could possibly beat that’s left on their schedule is oak hill and minford. I doubt they make it at 5-5.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Have no ax to grind just been around many years. Look at NW record in sports since the 70s its not very good. Some good teams here and there but nothing long term. Baseball when they Hagerty is about it.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 am Have no ax to grind just been around many years. Look at NW record in sports since the 70s its not very good. Some good teams here and there but nothing long term. Baseball when they Hagerty is about it.
You must not have payed that much attention to anything but football. They have been a mid to top team for the last 20+ years in volleyball, girls basketball, soccer, and track. And let's not forget weight lifting. Boys basketball was the same up until a few years ago, and baseball has been down since Hegarty left. To say they're the worst in the state is asinine. Name me one school not named Wheelersburg that has been at the top in any sport for 20 straight years?

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Also, softball is always somewhere in the middle of the pack in SOC2

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

A few things have been debated on this thread but after watching both games, a few things are clear to me… NW’s injuries are a factor and Valley is a much improved team. I think Valley’s staff has done a terrific job. Valley struggled early in the year on offense but they have looked really good since the 2nd half of the first NW game. Morrow, Arnett, Buckle, and Nickel have all made plays and the line has played well since Portsmouth. The defense is inconsistent but Morrow has been a terror. Best defensive player around from what I have watched this year. Valley probably can’t play with Burg or Waverly but possibly could with West. If Valley gets in the playoffs they’ll be a tough matchup for a some of the top seeds.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Voice of Reason wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:50 pm A few things have been debated on this thread but after watching both games, a few things are clear to me… NW’s injuries are a factor and Valley is a much improved team. I think Valley’s staff has done a terrific job. Valley struggled early in the year on offense but they have looked really good since the 2nd half of the first NW game. Morrow, Arnett, Buckle, and Nickel have all made plays and the line has played well since Portsmouth. The defense is inconsistent but Morrow has been a terror. Best defensive player around from what I have watched this year. Valley probably can’t play with Burg or Waverly but possibly could with West. If Valley gets in the playoffs they’ll be a tough matchup for a some of the top seeds.
I also think valley could turn some heads in the playoffs with the way they are playing. Well as long as they come out of the brutal soc 2 schedule healthy. People forget just how small of a school valley is. They are one of the smallest d6 and probably will be d7 on the next count. The success valley has had over the years against the schedule they play is almost unbelievable.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

NW97 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:55 am
Lovehoops1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 am Have no ax to grind just been around many years. Look at NW record in sports since the 70s its not very good. Some good teams here and there but nothing long term. Baseball when they Hagerty is about it.
Nw has never consistently been in the hunt for multiple championships in any sports for a long run of years other than Hegarty in baseball. They are mid to bottom pack. I think they have had some good runs and wins in others sports but nothing that would make them a huge traditional winner or power. Yea they compete in football but they are playing down the should.

You must not have payed that much attention to anything but football. They have been a mid to top team for the last 20+ years in volleyball, girls basketball, soccer, and track. And let's not forget weight lifting. Boys basketball was the same up until a few years ago, and baseball has been down since Hegarty left. To say they're the worst in the state is asinine. Name me one school not named Wheelersburg that has been at the top in any sport for 20 straight years?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

A nice win for Valley. Chase Morrow has just been so good the last 3 weeks. It is nice to see his hard work pay off.

As far as some of the things being said about Northwest......I know they have been ravaged with injuries, but there is still talent left there. I feel like they will still beat Green, East, and Eastern if they get any players back. That said, I would love to hear the reasoning behind the timeout with :03 and the clock running at the end of the 1st quarter? Was it just a brain fart? The timeout with :04 down 24 trying to score on the JV is another story, but the one at the end of the 1st is just bad. I still think NW competes with SV and ND and wins the other 3, but there is work to be done.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I see Valley going 5-5 and not making the playoffs. Granted, every team they'll lose to this year will be playoff teams.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

If Valley goes 5-5 and Northwest ends up beating East, Green, and Eastern I have Valley around 8.51 final average. That's been in the 11-14 area in Region 23 for the last 5 or so years.

If Valley beats Oak Hill and Minford, I think they sneak in.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It'll be close, with a few "ifs".

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

packers80 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm I see Valley going 5-5 and not making the playoffs. Granted, every team they'll lose to this year will be playoff teams.
Playoffs have expanded to 16 teams this year. There are 27 teams in region 23 Div VI. I believe 5-5 will likely get Valley in but no chance at a home game. Valley needs to pull for NW to win out. I don't predict many secondary points will come Valley's way from Eastern or Oak Hill looking at their respective schedules.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I know the playoffs expanded. NW isn't winning out.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I have nothing against Valley, matter of fact I've been outspoken about my support for them and coach Crabtree the last few years.

Return to “Football”