Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

Post by fanatic23 »

Let’s do it!!!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No not after the scrimmage results. Portsmouth has a great chance to get a home playoff game for the first time ever, I’m afraid a loss would mess that up. Trojans are on the up but not on waverly level.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

It’s happening

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:02 pm No not after the scrimmage results. Portsmouth has a great chance to get a home playoff game for the first time ever, I’m afraid a loss would mess that up. Trojans are on the up but not on waverly level.
Terrible logic. Don't play no one you could lose to Trojans lol. Good Lord

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Heard it here first!! Don’t know the destination but happening!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Was Waverly originally at Home? Portsmouth was slated to travel to GA. So I assume if this game happens it’ll be at Waverly.

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

SWJeeps22 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:11 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:02 pm No not after the scrimmage results. Portsmouth has a great chance to get a home playoff game for the first time ever, I’m afraid a loss would mess that up. Trojans are on the up but not on waverly level.
Terrible logic. Don't play no one you could lose to Trojans lol. Good Lord
Yeah that’s what it is. I’m saying if cancelled and it was maybe a d5 school is open. But doesn’t matter waverly comes to Portsmouth Friday

Beergogglebluez
SE

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:14 pm Was Waverly originally at Home? Portsmouth was slated to travel to GA. So I assume if this game happens it’ll be at Waverly.
At Portsmouth

Beergogglebluez
SE

fanatic23 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:12 pm Heard it here first!! Don’t know the destination but happening!
At Portsmouth.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

If this game did happen, my guess it would be at Waverly. They were only scheduled to have 4 home games this year and I know they were wanting to have a home game if they ended picking someone up. But who knows.

Beergogglebluez
SE

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 pm If this game did happen, my guess it would be at Waverly. They were only scheduled to have 4 home games this year and I know they were wanting to have a home game if they ended picking someone up. But who knows.
Already been texted at Portsmouth

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Does anyone know who all Waverly has lost since the scrimmage against Portsmouth? Heard Waverly has quite a bit injured that could change things up compared to how the scrimmage went down.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Doubt this one happens would love to see it but major doubt

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Beergogglebluez
SE

Kicker. wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:23 pm Doubt this one happens would love to see it but major doubt
It’s happening. At least I’m getting text and messages saying it’s at Portsmouth. But this year who knows what’s going on till 7 pm Friday

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thought Waverly had a drop dead date for finding a game? Did that change when a team they think they would beat came available?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm Thought Waverly had a drop dead date for finding a game? Did that change when a team they think they would beat came available?
Well they already scrimmaged Portsmouth, so prep would not be a big deal, because they spent a whole week on them before. Prepped for the scrimmages the same way as they do for regular games

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

So they should have said they would only schedule a team they are familiar with then instead of saying they wont play if they cant find a game? Glad everyone looking for a game has found one so far.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:33 pm So they should have said they would only schedule a team they are familiar with then instead of saying they wont play if they cant find a game? Glad everyone looking for a game has found one so far.
I mean there were some people on here stating they weren’t looking after tomorrow, but I don’t believe that was correct. At least based off of what was said at practice last night. I believe they were going to give it another day. But that’s all up to the coaches, and I don’t believe we have any coaches posting on preps to actually confirm. So who knows what they are officially thinking/doing.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:37 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:33 pm So they should have said they would only schedule a team they are familiar with then instead of saying they wont play if they cant find a game? Glad everyone looking for a game has found one so far.
I mean there were some people on here stating they weren’t looking after tomorrow, but I don’t believe that was correct. At least based off of what was said at practice last night. I believe they were going to give it another day. But that’s all up to the coaches, and I don’t believe we have any coaches posting on preps to actually confirm. So who knows what they are officially thinking/doing.
Gotcha, thanks. That's what i was referring to, posters on here saying they wouldn't schedule a game with little prep time. I took it as an easy out to limit who you would/could play or whatever. But in the end, glad the kids get to play.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Good news is both teams found a game. Neither will struggle to prepare for the other since they have seen one another already. Easy drive up 23. So all that stuff is grand. As for the game, Portsmouth probably takes an L. Tough matchup for the Trojans against the WR’s from Waverly. I know scrimmages aren’t full playbook full go, but if the results are any indication for this game, you’re looking at Waverly by 3 TD’s. Good test for Portsmouth win or lose though. Will help prepare them for the playoffs as Waverly will be the best team they see outside of Ironton. That said hopefully I’m wrong and the Trojans come away with the W. Go Trojans!
Last edited by PTrojan59 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Who Dey!

Return to “Football”