Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

PTrojan59
S

Re: Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

Post by PTrojan59 »

Seop members meet and greet at halftime of this game? Hot dogs on mattash lol :lol:

Who Dey!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

2021 Stats so far

the top two passers

2021 SEO PASSING LEADERS
Rank Player CMP PYDS TD
1 Drew Roe 72 1033 11
2 Wade Futhey 54 940 10

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Top 8 receivers (not everyone stats updated yet)

2021 RECEIVING LEADERS
Rank Player Team REC REYDS TD REC YPC
1 Penn Morrison Waverly 17 416 6 24.5
2 Jayden Duncan Portsmouth 19 280 2 14.7
3 Reade Pendleton Portsmouth 19 278 2 14.6
4 Dariyonne Bryant Portsmouth 16 261 4 16.3
5 Mark Stulley Waverly 14 223 2 15.9

7 Will Futhey Waverly 13 197 1 15.2
8 Donavon Carr Portsmouth 8 173 3 21.6

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

get your popcorn ready... shoot out coming

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

@Nicknevada86 whats the line? Need over/under as well

Michael Scott
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

O/U gotta be in the high 60s

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm 2021 Stats so far

the top two passers

2021 SEO PASSING LEADERS
Rank Player CMP PYDS TD
1 Drew Roe 72 1033 11
2 Wade Futhey 54 940 10
Futhey with one less game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:53 pm Top 8 receivers (not everyone stats updated yet)

2021 RECEIVING LEADERS
Rank Player Team REC REYDS TD REC YPC
1 Penn Morrison Waverly 17 416 6 24.5
2 Jayden Duncan Portsmouth 19 280 2 14.7
3 Reade Pendleton Portsmouth 19 278 2 14.6
4 Dariyonne Bryant Portsmouth 16 261 4 16.3
5 Mark Stulley Waverly 14 223 2 15.9

7 Will Futhey Waverly 13 197 1 15.2
8 Donavon Carr Portsmouth 8 173 3 21.6

Waverly with one less game.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Waverly -13.5/63

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm Well I've been hearing all about how good and improved this Trojan defense is. Guess we find out Friday, Waverly by 3 scores.
That's a pretty reasonable assumption given the physical disparity of the two teams fronts, and the big experience difference. As far as Portsmouth's defense, they aren't world beaters but they are decent against the run and force a lot of turnovers. The reason we are excited is because we haven't consistently stopped people the last 15 years. We gave up over 35 a game last year and from 05-16 topped 30 points 7 times including a terrible 2012 where we gave up over 40ppg.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

On paper this game looks AMAZING.. fingers crossed it looks the same on the field!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Cal preps [2021] Waverly (OH) 38, [2021] Portsmouth (OH) 20

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Someone tell smurray not to forget to mention Waverly has played 1 less game. Highly classified info

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:48 pm Seop members meet and greet at halftime of this game? Hot dogs on mattash lol :lol:
Could Bring some Chilli :)

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

I think this is another trap game for Waverly.

In the scrimmage it seemed effortless for the Waverly offense and I was disappointed with the 21 they gave up on defense after the ironton showing.

After 4 weeks it seems like the disappointment was misplaced and that Portsmouth has a potent offense that is only getting better.

If Portsmouth gets ahead early Waverly could be in trouble. I’d go as far as saying as either team has blowout potential in the right circumstances.

It was 42-21 at half in the scrimmage(Varsity)but going into this game i think it could be a 56-35 final score. I’m not counting Portsmouth out. A lot can happen but Waverly is still 3 TD FAVORITES.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

1506 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm
1506 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm

Come on…we got canceled on 2 weeks in a row. Waverly did nothing wrong. If both teams would have played we would have played Chillicothe last week and Washington Court House this week. You think we sit around trying to find a beatable team?? What do you want us to do call out Jake Paul and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Unbelievable comment!
Wasn’t my words. Just going by what your fan base was saying when court house cancelled. Sounded like your team was willing to sit two weeks in a row instead of play someone on short notice. Not cool for the kids. I’m thrilled they found a game for the kids. But def glad waverly had film on Portsmouth already.
Our fan base is watching our seniors possibly lose 2 games of their final year due to other teams canceling, yea we are going to be upset….yes we are going to complain….and it makes no sense to find a team on say a Thursday and play them Friday. Coaches prepare their kids for these games. They need a couple of days to get ready and there’s nothing wrong with that.
So no one else called Waverly and tried to play before Portsmouth came available? Who did Waverly call to schedule a game? No, nothing wrong with needing/wanting a few days to prepare at all. But if everyone is so concerned with the seniors losing possibly 2 games, id think id try to play whoever whenever. Just my opinion. Not trying to be a jerk about it.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

smurray wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 pm
1506 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm

Come on…we got canceled on 2 weeks in a row. Waverly did nothing wrong. If both teams would have played we would have played Chillicothe last week and Washington Court House this week. You think we sit around trying to find a beatable team?? What do you want us to do call out Jake Paul and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Unbelievable comment!
Wasn’t my words. Just going by what your fan base was saying when court house cancelled. Sounded like your team was willing to sit two weeks in a row instead of play someone on short notice. Not cool for the kids. I’m thrilled they found a game for the kids. But def glad waverly had film on Portsmouth already.
Film already on hand and the two teams scrimmaged each other. Prep time (days) didn’t need to be as long as it would have been for the teams you are insinuating we play on a days notice.
I understand that. I'm glad it worked out for you all. Who else did Waverly contact for a game? Did anyone contact Waverly and Waverly turn them down?

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

transplant wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:37 am

Our fan base is watching our seniors possibly lose 2 games of their final year due to other teams canceling, yea we are going to be upset….yes we are going to complain….and it makes no sense to find a team on say a Thursday and play them Friday. Coaches prepare their kids for these games. They need a couple of days to get ready and there’s nothing wrong with that.
So no one else called Waverly and tried to play before Portsmouth came available? Who did Waverly call to schedule a game? No, nothing wrong with needing/wanting a few days to prepare at all. But if everyone is so concerned with the seniors losing possibly 2 games, id think id try to play whoever whenever. Just my opinion. Not trying to be a jerk about it.
But you are being a jerk about it! Why does it matter to you who we play?? Both teams we were scheduled to play the last two weeks canceled on us…do you get that?? We would have gladly played Chillicothe last week and Washington Court House this week! We probably would have won both easily but who knows?? We can look for and play whoever we can get prepared for…do you get that? Again what would make you and others on here making these same dumb comments happy?? Should we call out Jake Paul and Tom Brady and the Bucs?? Would that be good?

Also so much respect for Portsmouth for jumping in and playing is this week so all these young men can do what they love! Good luck to both teams!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

1506 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:18 am

But you are being a jerk about it! Why does it matter to you who we play?? Both teams we were scheduled to play the last two weeks canceled on us…do you get that?? We would have gladly played Chillicothe last week and Washington Court House this week! We probably would have won both easily but who knows?? We can look for and play whoever we can get prepared for…do you get that? Again what would make you and others on here making these same dumb comments happy?? Should we call out Jake Paul and Tom Brady and the Bucs?? Would that be good?

Also so much respect for Portsmouth for jumping in and playing is this week so all these young men can do what they love! Good luck to both teams!
It doesn't matter to me at all who you play. I have a problem with some posters dragging other teams through the mud because they are avoiding Waverly like they are some annual powerhouse. Heck, there was even a thread started about it. I get you need to prepare for a team, I played sports, I get it. But when comments are made about Tuesday being a cut off to find a game, then you find one on Wednesday that works in your favor you play? Had it been a team Waverly wasn't "familiar" with and had film on, would they have played? Who else called Waverly to play? Did Waverly turn anyone away due to lack of time to prepare? Just curious. Again, I'm thrilled all teams get to play too, I don't want to see kids miss games.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

transplant wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:27 am
1506 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:18 am

It doesn't matter to me at all who you play. I have a problem with some posters dragging other teams through the mud because they are avoiding Waverly like they are some annual powerhouse. Heck, there was even a thread started about it. I get you need to prepare for a team, I played sports, I get it. But when comments are made about Tuesday being a cut off to find a game, then you find one on Wednesday that works in your favor you play? Had it been a team Waverly wasn't "familiar" with and had film on, would they have played? Who else called Waverly to play? Did Waverly turn anyone away due to lack of time to prepare? Just curious. Again, I'm thrilled all teams get to play too, I don't want to see kids miss games.

It obviously does matter who we play to some on here! I’ve read a ton of these comments and who ever said anything about Waverly being an “annual powerhouse”?? I wish we were! we are just another high school team just in an upswing right now. We’ve had our ups and downs. Why would anyone on here critique what someone said about a Tuesday cut off?? Do you realize that this forum is a bunch of fans and parents no coaches? We don’t even really know what or why any of these coaches do what they do. So cut the BS and just say why you have a problem with Waverly and who they play? Who should or shouldn’t we play in this situation and when or why? Keep in mind we had a schedule with the bus gassed up and ready to go and we had two teams cancel on us to put us in this situation! It’s funny when people get on here and say crazy stuff then end the thread with “ oh just curious, or not trying to be a jerk”.

That’s it I’m calling the Tampa bay buccaneers to see if they want to play so everyone on here will be happy.

Return to “Football”