Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Waverly at Portsmouth it can happen now!!!

Post by SciotoCfootball »

smurray wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:01 pm Could be the last team with the ball wins this one.
Waverly was without two starting O-linemen for the scrimmage but now the oline is good and we’ve lost some significant defenders.
We may have a couple back since the bye week but I haven’t heard. I know one was a season ending injury. Also lost a WR to a season ender.

1 1/2 practices for this one - I doubt either team goes full contact tomorrow.
If Waverly has lost some defenders then this game should definitely be a shoot-out. I would assume Portsmouth's offense (defense as well) has improved since the scrimmage, and Waverly's offense with the addition of the missing two linemen. What im starting to wonder is how high can the score go?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Good pickup, Waverly is in the same division as Gallia and should be worth more points if we win so I see it as a higher risk but also a higher reward. It's also a little closer and on a better road than Gallia. I wanted that Gallia win more than anyone but this game should help us prepare for a passing team like Piketon or some of the out of area we may encounter in week 12 or beyond if we get that lucky. As far as playoffs, we are probably still in at 7-3, if we are counting Fairland, Waverly and Ironton as 100% guaranteed losses seeding wouldn't matter that much anyway.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Unofficial phs stats

Passing
Drew Roe 72/100  1,023 yds 11 Tds 3 Ints
Tyler Duncan 1/1 18 yds

Rushing
Drew Roe 44-207 9 Tds
Beau Hammond 23-189 1 Td
Amare Johnson 19-47
Reade Pendleton 3-11
Nick Copley 5-11
Dylan Sanderlin 3-5

Receiving
Jayden Duncan 19-280 1 Td
Reade Pendleton 19-278 2 Tds
Dariyonne Bryant 14-251 3 Tds
Donovan Carr 8-173 3 Tds
Amare Johnson 4-23
Dante Hamrick 1-21
Devon Lattimore 1-18
Beau Hammond 4-(5)

Defense
Passing
26/55 423 Yds 4 Td 4 Ints

Rushing
149-329

Turnovers
+9

First downs for 64
First downs against 39

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Waverly is 3-0 with their defeated opponents combined for a record of 4-7
They are scoring 43.7 PPG against defenses that have allowed 24.8 PPG against other opponents.
They are allowing 9.0 PPG against offenses that have scored 25.3 PPG against other defenses.

Portsmouth is 4-0 with their defeated opponents record being 6-8
They are scoring 41.5 PPG against defenses that have allowed 19.7 PPG against other teams
They are allowing 11.5 ppg against offenses that have scored 30.4 against other teams.

Series Record is 10-5-1 in favor of Portsmouth but Waverly has won 2 of the last 3.
Last edited by portsmouth_98 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:56 pm Waverly is 3-0 with their defeated opponents combined for a record of 3-7
They are scoring 43.7 PPG against defenses that have allowed 24.8 PPG against other opponents.
They are allowing 9.0 PPG against offenses that have scored 25.3 PPG against other defenses.

Portsmouth is 4-0 with their defeated opponents record being 6-8
They are scoring 41.5 PPG against defenses that have allowed 19.7 PPG against other teams
They are allowing 11.5 ppg against offenses that have scored 30.4 against other teams.

Series Record is 10-5-1 in favor of Portsmouth but Waverly has won 2 of the last 3.
Not that is matter but Waverly opponents are 4-7 with Waverly playing one less game than Portsmouth.
Miami Trace is 3-1, Unioto is 1-3, Johnstown 0-3.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

smurray wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:24 pm

Not that is matter but Waverly opponents are 4-7 with Waverly playing one less game than Portsmouth.
Miami Trace is 3-1, Unioto is 1-3, Johnstown 0-3.
Fixed, thanks.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Is this game really going to happen? If so, where at?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:03 pm Is this game really going to happen? If so, where at?
Already been confirmed, will be played @ Waverly.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

When and what time? Can it be live stream?

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm Thought Waverly had a drop dead date for finding a game? Did that change when a team they think they would beat came available?
Come on…we got canceled on 2 weeks in a row. Waverly did nothing wrong. If both teams would have played we would have played Chillicothe last week and Washington Court House this week. You think we sit around trying to find a beatable team?? What do you want us to do call out Jake Paul and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Unbelievable comment!

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

Thank you and Kudos to Portsmouth for playing us this week!! Much appreciated!!!!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I think this is an excellent opportunity for both teams. I'm happy, happy , happy for the kids playing the game.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Will this game be on Friday? Live stream?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

1506 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm Thought Waverly had a drop dead date for finding a game? Did that change when a team they think they would beat came available?
Come on…we got canceled on 2 weeks in a row. Waverly did nothing wrong. If both teams would have played we would have played Chillicothe last week and Washington Court House this week. You think we sit around trying to find a beatable team?? What do you want us to do call out Jake Paul and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Unbelievable comment!
Wasn’t my words. Just going by what your fan base was saying when court house cancelled. Sounded like your team was willing to sit two weeks in a row instead of play someone on short notice. Not cool for the kids. I’m thrilled they found a game for the kids. But def glad waverly had film on Portsmouth already.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm Will this game be on Friday? Live stream?
Friday 7pm. Pretty sure Waverly has done live streams before but have no idea about this week.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm
Wasn’t my words. Just going by what your fan base was saying when court house cancelled. Sounded like your team was willing to sit two weeks in a row instead of play someone on short notice. Not cool for the kids. I’m thrilled they found a game for the kids. But def glad waverly had film on Portsmouth already.
Our fan base is watching our seniors possibly lose 2 games of their final year due to other teams canceling, yea we are going to be upset….yes we are going to complain….and it makes no sense to find a team on say a Thursday and play them Friday. Coaches prepare their kids for these games. They need a couple of days to get ready and there’s nothing wrong with that.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 pm
Film already on hand and the two teams scrimmaged each other. Prep time (days) didn’t need to be as long as it would have been for the teams you are insinuating we play on a days notice.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well I've been hearing all about how good and improved this Trojan defense is. Guess we find out Friday, Waverly by 3 scores.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth's coach has really turned them around. This is a big matchup, glad its being played.

Pretty sure I'm going to make the trip for this one.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

@bigdawg , lets ride up

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”