Thank you Portsmouth!!!

Waterboy

Thank you Portsmouth!!!

Post by 1506 »

So much respect to Portsmouth for coming this Friday to play Waverly! As a senior parent it’s been tough to watch them losing precious games from their final season. Again, thanks to Portsmouth for making this happen!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Thank you Portsmouth!!!

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good for them!

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

P-town looks pretty good on film, this game could go either way.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

Bumpy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 pm P-town looks pretty good on film, this game could go either way.
It’s High School Football…anything could happen!! Just glad both teams get to play!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Amen, thanks so much….

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I was a senior parent when covid first hit. My son missed all of baseball season and he trained really hard for state powerlifting meet and it was cancelled. Luckily football got the season in before everything was cancelled. As a parent it was heartbreaking seeing a child sad over cancelled games. Glad a game is happening and the seniors get to play

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

really excited for this one.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pathfinder278
Waterboy

Post by Pathfinder278 »

Should be a dandy.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Huge game

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Thank You from me as well. I was surprised to see matchup actually happen after they already scrimmaged and how the varsity score was 42-21 in a half. So that speaks volumes of Portsmouth’s progression and confidence in the program moving forward. It’s not quite at the Ironton Scheduling moeller level but it shows you things for Portsmouth are definitely going in the right direction.

This will be a great night for both teams.

Thanks Portsmouth for having the fortitude that 2 other schools did not!

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

This is great. Could be a good matchup.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Like I posted on another thread portsmouth head coach spent some time on waverly coaching staff before returning home to take over head coach at portsmouth so I would guess that played a role ,hes done a great job at portsmouth and im sure he understands but won't admit lol his team is the underdog here it just shows he wants a game for his kids and new where to find one immediately on short knotice, and im betting he also knows this will help prepare the kids for post season if they get in.

This will probably be game of the week on paper let's hope it plays out like that on Friday night

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good pickup and good for the schools to make this happen for EVERYONE!!!.....this should be a good ballgame.....waverly will be a handful at home..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:47 am Like I posted on another thread portsmouth head coach spent some time on waverly coaching staff before returning home to take over head coach at portsmouth so I would guess that played a role ,hes done a great job at portsmouth and im sure he understands but won't admit lol his team is the underdog here it just shows he wants a game for his kids and new where to find one immediately on short knotice, and im betting he also knows this will help prepare the kids for post season if they get in.

This will probably be game of the week on paper let's hope it plays out like that on Friday night
Thanks for sharing this information. I hadn't read about that before. Pretty cool story actually.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Yeah I’m in no way trying to say Waverly is superior! Just giving credit where it is due! I posted on the other thread and in no way said this is guaranteed certified win and Portsmouth has no chance.

In reality there is blowout potential both ways just because of the high powered offenses 2 or 3 turnovers erase Waverly’s favor and can change the momentum and outlook of the game drastically.

Has the potential to be one of the best games of the year for the area.

I just want to say thank you for making it happen because without Portsmouth I think waverly wasn’t going to play this week. Could be wrong but thankful we didn’t have to find out!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Attack wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 am
biggdowgg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:47 am Like I posted on another thread portsmouth head coach spent some time on waverly coaching staff before returning home to take over head coach at portsmouth so I would guess that played a role ,hes done a great job at portsmouth and im sure he understands but won't admit lol his team is the underdog here it just shows he wants a game for his kids and new where to find one immediately on short knotice, and im betting he also knows this will help prepare the kids for post season if they get in.

Thanks for sharing this information. I hadn't read about that before. Pretty cool story actually.

I'm not sure that is how and why simply speculation on my part i have not heard it from the coach or anyone else ,just makes sense i guess either way its good for both schools

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thank you, Waverly, for giving our Portsmouth Trojans a game this week!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:35 am Thank You from me as well. I was surprised to see matchup actually happen after they already scrimmaged and how the varsity score was 42-21 in a half. So that speaks volumes of Portsmouth’s progression and confidence in the program moving forward. It’s not quite at the Ironton Scheduling moeller level but it shows you things for Portsmouth are definitely going in the right direction.

did you just compare youself in the same breath as Moeller?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch out for the VILLAGE!!!!!!!

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Give me Waverly by 14
2 things: I hope WCH loses out….and Portsmouth wins out after Friday.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:01 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:35 am Thank You from me as well. I was surprised to see matchup actually happen after they already scrimmaged and how the varsity score was 42-21 in a half. So that speaks volumes of Portsmouth’s progression and confidence in the program moving forward. It’s not quite at the Ironton Scheduling moeller level but it shows you things for Portsmouth are definitely going in the right direction.

did you just compare youself in the same breath as Moeller?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch out for the VILLAGE!!!!!!!
When you quit dodging The Village to avoid losing then come talk to me.

You may be the only person here that can’t grasp that I was saying ironton scheduling moeller was more impressive(by far).

I was simply giving Portsmouth credit for scheduling the game after how the scrimmage turned out. Most people know how this game should turn out and they still scheduled it.

Instead of being cowards like Chillicothe and canceling just to look for a winnable game.

I’ve read your posts and you are completely ignorant about Chillicothe history and rely on your delusional memories of what Chillicothe football used to be.

Chillicothe is now a laughing stock and it’s only getting worse.

Return to “Football”