A new conference?

hannancoach
JV Team

Re: A new conference?

Post by hannancoach »

BigGame99 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:48 am
CoachC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:47 pm Sport teams and levels other than varsity football would take a serious hit. Take for example junior high volleyball, basketball and football. They all play during a school night. Could you imagine little Susie getting home at 11:00 from a game, having to eat, shower, then go straight to bed maybe 2-3 times in a week?
Absolutely. Lil Susie can do it better than mom and dad.
Mmmmmmmmm. Yes she can.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 pm I agree with the OP but would like to see them add Miller, Miami Trace and Marietta
Miller? From Corning?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

BigGame99 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:39 pm
goUK wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:20 am OVC is perfect the way it is. The only sport that ironton is somewhat dominant in is football. Ironton is 36-6 in the OVC.
Cg, Fairland, gallia academy and Portsmouth have all beat them. Dominant yes, unbeatable no.

Biggame99, i suggest you lay off the bottle for a while.
The ovc is awful.
Playoffs teams as of now
Ovc- 5
Soc 2- 4
Tvc O- 3

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

goUK wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:21 pm
goUK wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:20 am OVC is perfect the way it is. The only sport that ironton is somewhat dominant in is football. Ironton is 36-6 in the OVC.
Cg, Fairland, gallia academy and Portsmouth have all beat them. Dominant yes, unbeatable no.

Biggame99, i suggest you lay off the bottle for a while.
The ovc is awful.
Playoffs teams as of now
Ovc- 5
Soc 2- 4
Tvc O- 3
Now do state titles. Compare em to the northern ohio schools. Ya either champs or ya lost.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

BigGame99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:38 pm

The ovc is awful.
Playoffs teams as of now
Ovc- 5
Soc 2- 4
Tvc O- 3
Now do state titles. Compare em to the northern ohio schools. Ya either champs or ya lost.
Compare Northern Ohio to SEC country teams . Slow soft and way behind 😂

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:46 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Playoffs teams as of now
Ovc- 5
Soc 2- 4
Tvc O- 3
Compare Northern Ohio to SEC country teams . Slow soft and way behind 😂
For the most part yea

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Point being those numbers don't mean much. If you're trying to sell me on the ovc being a strong conf because of those #'s I'm just not buying it. It's dishonest. It's not a strong conference. Sp, chesapeake, rock hill doesn't help with what Ironton needs which is a chance to see if things come together against good competition. That may not happen until week 10. Also, Carpenter is the experenced qb returning and he needs real game reps. Not a quarter and a half against no defense whatsoever. He needs to feel pressure. The next four or so are like a sedative.I think it could hurt Ironton later potentially when they do get to see if it finally comes together against good teams. At this point ya not gonna really see that until maybe week 10.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

BigGame99 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 am High school is about prep for next level. What are you preparing em for if ya telling em if ya get home late and work early & mommy & daddy cant be by ya side, the world stops? C'mon.
BigGame99 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:48 am
CoachC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:47 pm Sport teams and levels other than varsity football would take a serious hit. Take for example junior high volleyball, basketball and football. They all play during a school night. Could you imagine little Susie getting home at 11:00 from a game, having to eat, shower, then go straight to bed maybe 2-3 times in a week?
Absolutely. Lil Susie can do it better than mom and dad.
I for one have always been, so have my kids, dedicated to the cause. However, I also believe that a little common sense goes a LOOOONG way! Family time at home is precious to me and my kids.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

BigGame99 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:56 am Point being those numbers don't mean much. If you're trying to sell me on the ovc being a strong conf because of those #'s I'm just not buying it. It's dishonest. It's not a strong conference. Sp, chesapeake, rock hill doesn't help with what Ironton needs which is a chance to see if things come together against good competition. That may not happen until week 10. Also, Carpenter is the experenced qb returning and he needs real game reps. Not a quarter and a half against no defense whatsoever. He needs to feel pressure. The next four or so are like a sedative.I think it could hurt Ironton later potentially when they do get to see if it finally comes together against good teams. At this point ya not gonna really see that until maybe week 10.
The Tigers Tried For Years To Get Into The OVC. The OVC Has Never Been A Powerful Conference In Football. So Why Did They Want In The OVC In The First Place?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

REDMEN95 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:05 am
BigGame99 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:56 am Point being those numbers don't mean much. If you're trying to sell me on the ovc being a strong conf because of those #'s I'm just not buying it. It's dishonest. It's not a strong conference. Sp, chesapeake, rock hill doesn't help with what Ironton needs which is a chance to see if things come together against good competition. That may not happen until week 10. Also, Carpenter is the experenced qb returning and he needs real game reps. Not a quarter and a half against no defense whatsoever. He needs to feel pressure. The next four or so are like a sedative.I think it could hurt Ironton later potentially when they do get to see if it finally comes together against good teams. At this point ya not gonna really see that until maybe week 10.
The Tigers Tried For Years To Get Into The OVC. The OVC Has Never Been A Powerful Conference In Football. So Why Did They Want In The OVC In The First Place?
Exactly. Everyone look at Irontons volleyball record. Only conference they could go to is the SOC 1

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

I think that Ironton wanted in the OVC for being able to have a schedule. I know they were independent after the SEOAL disbanded. Plus it gave the other sports a conference to compete in. Now they are winning again in football. I don’t know if the league would let them out for football and stay for the other sports.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

RollCoal wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:07 pm I think that Ironton wanted in the OVC for being able to have a schedule. I know they were independent after the SEOAL disbanded. Plus it gave the other sports a conference to compete in. Now they are winning again in football. I don’t know if the league would let them out for football and stay for the other sports.
I think “ALL IN”

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton wanted in the OVC due to travel of it's other team Basketball Baseball softball ect.......
Football wasn't what it was at the time and enrolment was falling drastically.
Unfortunately for the OVC and Ironton football program it has recovered and shows no signs of slowing down.
Depends on if you listen to the rumors the OVC wants Ironton out on the other hand Ironton is announcing it is leaving the OVC at the end of November.
I hope neither is true but in all honesty the OVC is far from challenging for Ironton.
Now I know Fairland gave Ironton a run for it's money earlier this year the question is can they consistently do so.
Portsmouth is having a outstanding season and may give Ironton fits we will know in week 10.
Problem is if Ironton is not in the OVC next year what do they do then ?

Return to “Football”