A new conference?

BigGame99

Re: A new conference?

Post by BigGame99 »

OVC can add Minford and Valley & Oak Hill to replace Ironton, Portsmouth, & GA.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:31 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:29 pm
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:28 pm

We going to tommy hawk chop dem Tigers! Fear the spear!!!!!!
Kirtland FEARS THE HILL!!

YES!!! NOW YOU'RE GETTIN' IT!!!!! WHOO! HAA! WHOOO! HAA!!!!!
I heard Coach Lutz was gonna ride out to middle of the field on a horse and spear the tiger head before kickoff?

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:33 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Kirtland FEARS THE HILL!!

I heard Coach Lutz was gonna ride out to middle of the field on a horse and spear the tiger head before kickoff?

That's the rumor I'm hearing! Redmen will pull the upset! Tigers gonna learn what tommy hawk choppin' is all about!!!

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:38 pm

That's the rumor I'm hearing! Redmen will pull the upset! Tigers gonna learn what tommy hawk choppin' is all about!!!
In full war paint. ESPN and FS1 will be on scene.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm

10-01-21 peace pipe gettin' thrown out the wigwam! War paint on in full head dress yellin' the war chant!!! Tiger Nation will fear the spear!!! REDMAN NATION will rise up!!! Whoo! Haa!!! WoooHaaaaa!!!!!!!!

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

If Kirtland make it that far they gonna get some too!

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:53 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm

10-01-21 peace pipe gettin' thrown out the wigwam! War paint on in full head dress yellin' the war chant!!! Tiger Nation will fear the spear!!! REDMAN NATION will rise up!!! Whoo! Haa!!! WoooHaaaaa!!!!!!!!
#lOcKtHEgAtE

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

Sport teams and levels other than varsity football would take a serious hit. Take for example junior high volleyball, basketball and football. They all play during a school night. Could you imagine little Susie getting home at 11:00 from a game, having to eat, shower, then go straight to bed maybe 2-3 times in a week?

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

I remember playing for Chillicothe back when we first joined the SEOAL
I believe back then it was
Chillicothe
Ironton
jackson
Gallia
Zanesville
Warren
Marietta
Portsmouth
Athens
Logan

Loved the long bus rides to warren and Marietta 2 hour trips got to leave school early had the charter buses it just felt super cool back then as a high schooler. We had just moved from the OCC at the time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I agree with the OP but would like to see them add Miller, Miami Trace and Marietta

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 pm I remember playing for Chillicothe back when we first joined the SEOAL
Chillicothe
Ironton
jackson
Gallia
Zanesville
Warren
Marietta
Portsmouth
Athens
Logan

Loved the long bus rides to warren and Marietta 2 hour trips got to leave school early had the charter buses it just felt super cool back then as a high schooler. We had just moved from the OCC at the time.
Yup. Its not that big of a deal. Its still very doable. Travels an iffy excuse imo.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

CoachC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:47 pm Sport teams and levels other than varsity football would take a serious hit. Take for example junior high volleyball, basketball and football. They all play during a school night. Could you imagine little Susie getting home at 11:00 from a game, having to eat, shower, then go straight to bed maybe 2-3 times in a week?
Absolutely. Lil Susie can do it better than mom and dad.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

High school is about prep for next level. What are you preparing em for if ya telling em if ya get home late and work early & mommy & daddy cant be by ya side, the world stops? C'mon.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

The correct thing to teach is this is part of the commitment. DEAL WITH IT. Adapt. You'd be surprised to learn lil johnnie and susie are more capable than mom and dad when it comes to multi tasking.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

That would be a dream conference.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

OVC is perfect the way it is. The only sport that ironton is somewhat dominant in is football. Ironton is 36-6 in the OVC.
Cg, Fairland, gallia academy and Portsmouth have all beat them. Dominant yes, unbeatable no.

Biggame99, i suggest you lay off the bottle for a while.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

goUK wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:20 am OVC is perfect the way it is. The only sport that ironton is somewhat dominant in is football. Ironton is 36-6 in the OVC.
Cg, Fairland, gallia academy and Portsmouth have all beat them. Dominant yes, unbeatable no.

Biggame99, i suggest you lay off the bottle for a while.
The ovc is awful.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

There have been a lot of good points made about the travel times. Times from one school to another are entirely different in a car than in a bus( I drive a bus). Example, MS football; Game kicks off at 6:00 on Thursday evening. Game ends at 8:00. By the time you load up and drive back, it’s 10:00 and you’re at the school. Not home, the school. Some bus routes start at 5:30-6:00 am. That’s not much time to eat, do homework, shower, sleep,etc. No matter if it’s the students or the bus driver. Just my humble opinion and observations.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

After the games between some of the aforementioned schools this season imagine how fun it would be to watch this conference battle every season.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Ohio1234 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:12 pm I remember playing for Chillicothe back when we first joined the SEOAL
Chillicothe
Ironton
jackson
Gallia
Zanesville
Warren
Marietta
Portsmouth
Athens
Logan

Well don’t be getting too froggy there mister . We bought the naming rights for the SEOAL and any new applicants will need to speak with us

Return to “Football”