Jim Walker Ironton Tribune

tigertrain
Waterboy

Jim Walker Ironton Tribune

Post by tigertrain »

Why does he not write the Ironton games anymore? Nothing against Ball but Walker is the man

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Jim Walker Ironton Tribune

Post by countywide35 »

tigertrain wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:54 pm Why does he not write the Ironton games anymore? Nothing against Ball but Walker is the man

didn't you start a thread with your first post over Ironton/Waverly playin a game.....and now the 2nd post you make is stirring up the pot over the sports writers for the Ironton Tribune..??....haha you are on roll makin big waves with 2 posts......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 pm
tigertrain wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:54 pm Why does he not write the Ironton games anymore? Nothing against Ball but Walker is the man

didn't you start a thread with your first post over Ironton/Waverly playin a game.....and now the 2nd post you make is stirring up the pot over the sports writers for the Ironton Tribune..??....haha you are on roll makin big waves with 2 posts......
Can I ask why people are so afraid to discuss things? I notice reading posts on here that people get really sensitive and try to kill any questions or conversation. Is there that much to hide because it is super suspect? Especially anything concerning Ironton it seems. How come? It almost seems like the fans feel like there are things that need concealed. It's really odd.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Good question. I have no idea why it seems like Ironton fans want to conceal so much.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Pretty sure he is helping coach at Rock Hill right now.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

OVC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:19 pm Pretty sure he is helping coach at Rock Hill right now.
See how easy that was? What is with all the pretend secrecy? Most of all.of you that still live in that area talk about each other all the time anyway cause it isn't much else to do I guess. It's weird. Thanks for just answering and not being weird and projecting.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Thanks for not being weird OVC!

Signed,

A Guy Who Constantly Makes Up New Usernames To Stir The Pot On A High School Sports Message Board And Definitely Has Lots Of Friends

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:08 pm Thanks for not being weird OVC!

Signed,

A Guy Who Constantly Makes Up New Usernames To Stir The Pot On A High School Sports Message Board And Definitely Has Lots Of Friends
Exactly TigerBob, he's nothing but a troll. He could be this Tigertrain poster. :lol:

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

frankie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:47 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:08 pm Thanks for not being weird OVC!

Signed,

Exactly TigerBob, he's nothing but a troll. He could be this Tigertrain poster. :lol:
😂 😂

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Jim actually "retired" in October of last year, but has stayed on to ensure the kids got the coverage he feels, and has always felt, they deserved. I believe they had someone in place working with Jim to become the new sports person, but that didn't work out. I figure with them putting out the weekend edition Friday night (for Saturday delivery), he has to get others to help write stories to ensure they meet their press deadline.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

hammer911335 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:33 pm Jim actually "retired" in October of last year, but has stayed on to ensure the kids got the coverage he feels, and has always felt, they deserved. I believe they had someone in place working with Jim to become the new sports person, but that didn't work out. I figure with them putting out the weekend edition Friday night (for Saturday delivery), he has to get others to help write stories to ensure they meet their press deadline.
How many years did he write for the tribune in total?

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

He did such a great job!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Can I ask why people are so afraid to discuss things? I notice reading posts on here that people get really sensitive and try to kill any questions or conversation. Is there that much to hide because it is super suspect? Especially anything concerning Ironton it seems. How come? It almost seems like the fans feel like there are things that need concealed. It's really odd.

strictly not afraid haha.....the two initial posts of this name was big wave posts.....like getting in the game for two plays and scoring both plays....thats what i was meaning more then the way you stated as fear..... :lol:

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:42 am
BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:52 pm

strictly not afraid haha.....the two initial posts of this name was big wave posts.....like getting in the game for two plays and scoring both plays....thats what i was meaning more then the way you stated as fear..... :lol:
Bet. I wasnt referencing you personally I just noticed how if its not flattering 100% Irontons fans try to deflect and eliminate conversations on here.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Remember "Gridiron Goober" weekly picks.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:56 pm Remember "Gridiron Goober" weekly picks.
I do, when I was in school I couldn’t wait . I think he never picked Ironton to lose even when they were 3-7.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Jimmy Walker done a fantastic job for many years. He was one working hard guy...

He's retired but can't walk away is what I was told. He just loves it so much.

I agree about the Gridiron Goober, that was a blast

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”