TVC Hocking Expansion

Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: TVC Hocking Expansion

Post by Mister Bee »

There is no Earthly good reason for any school to vote against letting Fort Frye and Warren into the TVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:42 pm With South Gaila out. Fort Frye might get in. Like I’ve said in the past all the teams that are decent at sports want Fort Frye in.

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.
44E944C4-0F7B-4FEE-A051-0233886C8E41.png
This is why VC voted no.

My personal opinion on it is that Fort is just too far of a drive and the facilities are consistent of a Hocking program. So if the hocking wants FF, I’d be for it. It’s just too far of a drive for me personally and even though Fort is pretty good at the moment, they are about 10 years removed from being one of the worst programs in SEO. Whose to say they don’t regress back to that sometime soon? Great for the Hocking Division without SG but not great for the Ohio. Oak Hill is the best choice followed by Warren and Gallia.

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:27 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:42 pm With South Gaila out. Fort Frye might get in. Like I’ve said in the past all the teams that are decent at sports want Fort Frye in.

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.

This is why VC voted no.

My personal opinion on it is that Fort is just too far of a drive and the facilities are consistent of a Hocking program. So if the hocking wants FF, I’d be for it. It’s just too far of a drive for me personally and even though Fort is pretty good at the moment, they are about 10 years removed from being one of the worst programs in SEO. Whose to say they don’t regress back to that sometime soon? Great for the Hocking Division without SG but not great for the Ohio. Oak Hill is the best choice followed by Warren and Gallia.
Why Warren but not Fort? They're separated by like 20 minutes

Greatest 12 in US Open History
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:02 pm

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.

This is why VC voted no.

Why Warren but not Fort? They're separated by like 20 minutes
Like 15

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.

This is why VC voted no.

Fort Frye has literally the same football stadium as Vinton County. Same company did both. Fort Frye has made the playoffs 9 out of 10 seasons and has one of the best coaches in the area.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.

This is why VC voted no.

VC girls basketball team had no problem with the drive. And please let me know when VC boys were a "powerhouse" in any sport in the last 10-15 years. Certainly not in football. Matt does a good job at basketball but there not hanging district champ banners very often. Now that the "recruiter" is gone, your girls basketball team will go back to normal whereas we have a coach surpassing 700 wins. Our boys made the regionals last year. Oak Hill just another weak, rich district with shiny new school and facilities that make you think they have programs when they're getting thrashed 37-0 by NY. Honestly, if you guarantee we can get 10 games a year in football, I'd much rather be independent than join the Ohio division.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

TVC Ohio

Warren
Athens
Vinton County
Meigs
River Valley
Wellston
Alexander
Nelsonville-York

TVC Hocking

Fort Frye
Trimble
Federal Hocking
Belpre
Waterford
Eastern
Southern
Miller

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

The schools that voted no on Fort Frye’s admission to the TVC have legitimate concerns about the travel and facilities. It’s also worth noting that anytime you make the trip to Beverly for a sporting event, your chances of encountering a Fort Frye SEOP poster in the wild goes up significantly. That alone might be a good enough reason to keep FF out. :mrgreen:

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Vegeta wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:47 pm TVC Ohio

Warren
Athens
Vinton County
Meigs
River Valley
Wellston
Alexander
Nelsonville-York

TVC Hocking

Fort Frye
Trimble
Federal Hocking
Belpre
Waterford
Eastern
Southern
Miller
Let me say as a ff fan that I would never want to be in the Hocking. Love that we play waterford every year and picking up trimble, but the rest of those schools are a complete no in my book

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:29 pm
Pat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:47 pm

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.
Would love to see RV out and FF in.

How does it work when would Cadets get a new shot at a vote?
RV can't be voted out. So they would have to leave on their own. But, FF could contact the TVC Board of Control president, (Daniel Otto, principal at Racine Southern), and request that they be considered as a candidate to enter the league. He can guide them through the process and it could happen by the next meeting or two.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Wellston and Vinton have made the drive to Warren AND Belpre in years past with no concerns AND this was before RT 32 from Athens to Coolville was expanded into 4 lanes. Wellston and Vinton have belly ached about the drive to Washington County for years but they have never seriously explored other conference options

If there are concerns about games scheduled during the week then some creative scheduling needs to take place i.e. volleyball or girls basketball games on Saturdays much like every Cross Country and most track meets. Same for baseball and softball. Boys basketball can also be scheduled on Saturdays.

Once SG is gone I hope that FF petitions to get back in. I know what the TVC rules are but they need updated as schools from Hocking should have no say about schools wanting in the Ohio and vice versa.

Schools various programs go up and down thru the years in terms of their successes. A school being very good in a sport or sports shouldn't be a factor in their admittance and the same for their facilities unless the facilities are completely deplorable.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Are Fort Frye’s facilities really as bad as everyone is saying? If so, are there plans in place to upgrade or any talk of possibly upgrading?

Fort Frye was supposed to join the TVC back around the time NY joined, but something happened and they didn’t. I read old newspaper articles referencing FF’s joining the TVC, but never found any as to why it didn’t happen. FF played a full TVC schedule in baseball one year in the early 1970s. I did find an article referencing that.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:56 am Are Fort Frye’s facilities really as bad as everyone is saying? If so, are there plans in place to upgrade or any talk of possibly upgrading?

Fort Frye was supposed to join the TVC back around the time NY joined, but something happened and they didn’t. I read old newspaper articles referencing FF’s joining the TVC, but never found any as to why it didn’t happen. FF played a full TVC schedule in baseball one year in the early 1970s. I did find an article referencing that.

No they are not. I have been to much much worse. No idea bout their gym.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Mister Bee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 am Wellston and Vinton have made the drive to Warren AND Belpre in years past with no concerns AND this was before RT 32 from Athens to Coolville was expanded into 4 lanes. Wellston and Vinton have belly ached about the drive to Washington County for years but they have never seriously explored other conference options

If there are concerns about games scheduled during the week then some creative scheduling needs to take place i.e. volleyball or girls basketball games on Saturdays much like every Cross Country and most track meets. Same for baseball and softball. Boys basketball can also be scheduled on Saturdays.

Once SG is gone I hope that FF petitions to get back in. I know what the TVC rules are but they need updated as schools from Hocking should have no say about schools wanting in the Ohio and vice versa.

Schools various programs go up and down thru the years in terms of their successes. A school being very good in a sport or sports shouldn't be a factor in their admittance and the same for their facilities unless the facilities are completely deplorable.
My only argument for the schools in the Hocking being able to vote on schools joining the Ohio, and vice versa, is that if the school coming in could cause a split into three divisions. Otherwise, I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has better facilities than most Hocking schools. Baseball field is amazing. They just got a new floor in hoops. Nice track. Only thing that is bad is the grass field.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:32 pm Fort Frye has better facilities than most Hocking schools. Baseball field is amazing. They just got a new floor in hoops. Nice track. Only thing that is bad is the grass field.
Nothing wrong with a grass field if it's well maintained.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Justy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:36 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:32 pm Fort Frye has better facilities than most Hocking schools. Baseball field is amazing. They just got a new floor in hoops. Nice track. Only thing that is bad is the grass field.
Nothing wrong with a grass field if it's well maintained.
It’s just been used so much. It needs reseeded.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Sounds like Fort Frye is just on another level

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Fort Frye has good facilities.

As for 3 divisions, I am in favor of the idea as long as the number is kept to an even number and there is a minimum of 6 teams per division.

Return to “Football”