TVC Hocking Expansion

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: TVC Hocking Expansion

Post by Raiderball »

Mister Bee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:42 pm Fort Frye has good facilities.

As for 3 divisions, I am in favor of the idea as long as the number is kept to an even number and there is a minimum of 6 teams per division.
I like the idea of 3 6 team divisions.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:02 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:27 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:42 pm With South Gaila out. Fort Frye might get in. Like I’ve said in the past all the teams that are decent at sports want Fort Frye in.

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.
44E944C4-0F7B-4FEE-A051-0233886C8E41.png

This is why VC voted no.

My personal opinion on it is that Fort is just too far of a drive and the facilities are consistent of a Hocking program. So if the hocking wants FF, I’d be for it. It’s just too far of a drive for me personally and even though Fort is pretty good at the moment, they are about 10 years removed from being one of the worst programs in SEO. Whose to say they don’t regress back to that sometime soon? Great for the Hocking Division without SG but not great for the Ohio. Oak Hill is the best choice followed by Warren and Gallia.
Why Warren but not Fort? They're separated by like 20 minutes
I’m not saying add Warren and not fort. Warren would be 3rd on my list honestly and only because it’s a shorter trip and their facilities are brand new.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:45 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:42 pm With South Gaila out. Fort Frye might get in. Like I’ve said in the past all the teams that are decent at sports want Fort Frye in.

South Gaila
River Valley
Wellston
Vinton

Only schools to say no.

This is why VC voted no.

My personal opinion on it is that Fort is just too far of a drive and the facilities are consistent of a Hocking program. So if the hocking wants FF, I’d be for it. It’s just too far of a drive for me personally and even though Fort is pretty good at the moment, they are about 10 years removed from being one of the worst programs in SEO. Whose to say they don’t regress back to that sometime soon? Great for the Hocking Division without SG but not great for the Ohio. Oak Hill is the best choice followed by Warren and Gallia.
Fort Frye has literally the same football stadium as Vinton County. Same company did both. Fort Frye has made the playoffs 9 out of 10 seasons and has one of the best coaches in the area.
Have you been to VC? I’ve been to FF. Their stadium may hold 1/3 of what VC holds, and that’s being very generous. The two stadiums aren’t alike at all. Also, congrats on your coach and the playoff run.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:43 pm

This is why VC voted no.

Fort Frye has literally the same football stadium as Vinton County. Same company did both. Fort Frye has made the playoffs 9 out of 10 seasons and has one of the best coaches in the area.
Have you been to VC? I’ve been to FF. Their stadium may hold 1/3 of what VC holds, and that’s being very generous. The two stadiums aren’t alike at all. Also, congrats on your coach and the playoff run.

Maybe math isn’t your thing. Fort Frye holds almost 2100 and VC holds 2700. Yes I’ve been to both the stands , Bathrooms and concessions built by same company. Only difference is the away stands.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:14 pm

Maybe math isn’t your thing. Fort Frye holds almost 2100 and VC holds 2700. Yes I’ve been to both the stands , Bathrooms and concessions built by same company. Only difference is the away stands.
Whatever you say. Lol FF bleachers go from 40-40.VC goes from 20-20. Maybe whoever told you fort holds 2100 can’t count.
Attachments
AADF3D83-AABB-4F87-9ECB-DB1D25ED45C3.png
978F088B-C16F-4943-861C-5F046137E19A.png

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:32 pm

Whatever you say. Lol FF bleachers go from 40-40.VC goes from 20-20. Maybe whoever told you fort holds 2100 can’t count.

According to Ohio Stadiums that what it says.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Fort Frye football stadium also has a large area for fans to use lawn chairs. (Which a lot choose to do). Not really a reason to complain about football stadium that a kid would play on at most twice in his varsity and JV career.
I’m guessing Vinton County hasn’t needed all their seating for quite a while. My research shows last winning season was 2004-2005. Fort Frye’s overall facilities are well above average. I don’t think facilities are at all a reason to keep them out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye bleachers are higher.

buckeyefan71
Waterboy

Post by buckeyefan71 »

Fort's stands are higher 13-14 more rows plus all the room on either side of stands. And the drive time argument doesn't hold up 15min further than Warren, 20 further than Belpre.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

buckeyefan71 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Fort's stands are higher 13-14 more rows plus all the room on either side of stands. And the drive time argument doesn't hold up 15min further than Warren, 20 further than Belpre.

1 min farther than Waterford.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

All the TVC teams play the other Washington Teams in stuff.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Maybe they count all of the lawn chairs in their capacity number. 🤷‍♂️ I speak for Vinton County here and not the entire TVC (Ohio/Hocking). VC hasn’t played Belpre in football/ baseball or basketball since Belpre went to the Hocking. We haven’t played Warren in 36 years on the football field. (since they left the TVC) We have also played them very few times in other sports during that time span. As for Waterford, we haven’t played them in anything in 20 years. Fort has been on the VC schedule in various sports around 10 times total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 pm All the TVC teams play the other Washington Teams in stuff.
We haven’t played Belpre since they dropped to the hocking. We haven’t played Warren in 36 years. We haven’t played Fort in 15 years (and that was a scrimmage). We don’t play Washington teams in many other sports either. Maybe 10 times in 10 years total? We (VC) have better situations, closer to home. No need to go there every year for every sport.

Also, if you’re counting lawn chairs for your official capacity number, we get to count the trucks on the hill in Viking corner. Probably adds another 500 people to the total. Maybe more. 😂

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I also counted 27 rows for Fort and 20 for VC. I’m sure I could be off 1 or 2. 7 rows from 40-40 doesn’t equal the 40 yard differenceVC has on length of bleachers. Lol. Fort people are so uptight. Little man syndrome has you guys arguing about seating capacity. 😂 At the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:36 pm
mattash wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:21 pm Ohio
1 Warren
2 Vinton County
3 Athens
4 Wellston
5 Meigs
6 River Valley

Middle
1 Fort Frye
2 Trimble
3 Alexander
4 Nelsonville-York
5 Belpre
6 Crooksville

Hocking
1 Waterford
2 Miller
3 Frontier
4 Federal Hocking
5 Southern
6 Eastern
Honestly, this isn’t bad at all. I’d make one tweak though.

Ohio

Warren
Vinton County
Athens
wellston
Meigs
Oak Hill

Muskingum

Fort Frye
Trimble
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Belpre
River Valley

Hocking

Waterford
Miller
Frontier
Federal Hocking
Southern
Eastern
I may have missed it before, but I keep seeing Oak Hill's name keep coming up as being a good addition to the TVC. Even though Oak Hill is not having a lot of success in the SOC-2 at the present time, as far as anyone knows, has Oak Hill ever shown an interest in joining the TVC?

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

One thing you always need to consider is the importance of aligning your league and district affiliation. This is why both Marietta and Warren need to be in the TVC. Both are SE District schools and have been for decades. Joining a league outside of your district is a tremendous mistake and a mistake Marietta made by leaving the SEOAL to join the ECOL. Warren joined due to having no options, but the ECOL is now defunct. Both the TVC and SE District would be stronger with Warren and Marietta. Both schools have stable enrollments which are significantly less than 10 years ago.

Frontier and Fort Frye are long standing members of the East District. Frontier is in a new league which is a great fit for them. It is the best situation they have ever had. Fort is a much better geographical fit for the TVC, but they are in the East District even though Waterford is in the SE and they are 1 mile apart. Could they change districts ? It is possible, but not an easy process. With the PVC folding, Fort, Caldwell, and Shenandoah are looking.

There is no easy solution for Marietta, Warren, or Fort Frye. All 3 schools have history and tradition. Warren has fantastic new schools, while Marietta has Marietta College. The families and community of Beverly take their schools and athletics very seriously. They support the kids and teams very well and they have great pride.

In an ideal world, I would like to see Marietta and Warren in the Ohio Division, Fort Frye in the middle division, with Fort gaining admission to the SE District.

Time will tell

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:01 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:36 pm
mattash wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:21 pm Ohio
1 Warren
2 Vinton County
3 Athens
4 Wellston
5 Meigs
6 River Valley

Middle
1 Fort Frye
2 Trimble
3 Alexander
4 Nelsonville-York
5 Belpre
6 Crooksville

Hocking
1 Waterford
2 Miller
3 Frontier
4 Federal Hocking
5 Southern
6 Eastern
Honestly, this isn’t bad at all. I’d make one tweak though.

Ohio

Warren
Vinton County
Athens
wellston
Meigs
Oak Hill

Muskingum

Fort Frye
Trimble
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Belpre
River Valley

Hocking

Waterford
Miller
Frontier
Federal Hocking
Southern
Eastern
I may have missed it before, but I keep seeing Oak Hill's name keep coming up as being a good addition to the TVC. Even though Oak Hill is not having a lot of success in the SOC-2 at the present time, as far as anyone knows, has Oak Hill ever shown an interest in joining the TVC?
They did back when the TVC added Eastern and Southern in 93. I believe it was the SVAC that disbanded and the TVC added a few teams from that conference. Oak Hill didn’t get in though.

buckeyefan71
Waterboy

Post by buckeyefan71 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:19 pm

[/quote
The facilities are similar, Fort has more than enough seating. The real issue is teams from the tvc know the success Fort has had the last 10yrs and don't want to travel that distance knowing it's very probable they'll be going back home with a loss.

I also counted 27 rows for Fort and 20 for VC. I’m sure I could be off 1 or 2. 7 rows from 40-40 doesn’t equal the 40 yard differenceVC has on length of bleachers. Lol. Fort people are so uptight. Little man syndrome has you guys arguing about seating capacity. 😂 At the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter!
The facilities are similar, Fort has more than enough seating. I really feel the real issue is teams from the tvc know the success Fort has had the last 10yrs and don't want to travel that distance knowing it's very probable they'll be going back home with a loss.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

buckeyefan71 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:15 am
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:19 pm

[/quote
The facilities are similar, Fort has more than enough seating. The real issue is teams from the tvc know the success Fort has had the last 10yrs and don't want to travel that distance knowing it's very probable they'll be going back home with a loss.

The facilities are similar, Fort has more than enough seating. I really feel the real issue is teams from the tvc know the success Fort has had the last 10yrs and don't want to travel that distance knowing it's very probable they'll be going back home with a loss.
Forts best option would be let coach Huck go to Waterford fall on hard times then I bet travel time’s facilities and no turf would no longer be a problem

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:12 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 pm All the TVC teams play the other Washington Teams in stuff.
We haven’t played Belpre since they dropped to the hocking. We haven’t played Warren in 36 years. We haven’t played Fort in 15 years (and that was a scrimmage). We don’t play Washington teams in many other sports either. Maybe 10 times in 10 years total? We (VC) have better situations, closer to home. No need to go there every year for every sport.

Also, if you’re counting lawn chairs for your official capacity number, we get to count the trucks on the hill in Viking corner. Probably adds another 500 people to the total. Maybe more. 😂
Totally understand why Vinton County would not want to add Fort Frye from a travel perspective. It isn't just football. It's several times a year for different sports. It's why I've never been a fan of joining The TVC Ohio. Even though it would be down the road a few years, I have always maintained that The MVL is a better fit all around. We'd have Meadowbrook, Morgan, Crooksville, Philo, Maysville, and New Lexington all within less than an hour of the high school. Definitely challenging on the field, though.

Return to “Football”