2021 Trimble 13 - 45 Fort Frye

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2021 Trimble 13 - 45 Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy »

Coach Huck and Ad called all the Buckeye 8 teams all the local teams. They’d love to play some MVL teams. Maybe they can play Tri-Valley week 1 next season.

BigBallFan
Waterboy

Post by BigBallFan »

Fort Frye has a very interesting game against Lima Central Catholic this week. I think it will be their toughest test yet. LCC is very athletic, and plays a different style than SH and Trimble.

As for their schedule, FF is in the middle of nowhere for independent teams. Fort Loramie has the same issue on the other side of the state. They are traveling all over Ohio/Indiana to play games. The small schools don't want to play FF because of the recent tradition, it is a shame.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BigBallFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:44 am Fort Frye has a very interesting game against Lima Central Catholic this week. I think it will be their toughest test yet. LCC is very athletic, and plays a different style than SH and Trimble.

As for their schedule, FF is in the middle of nowhere for independent teams. Fort Loramie has the same issue on the other side of the state. They are traveling all over Ohio/Indiana to play games. The small schools don't want to play FF because of the recent tradition, it is a shame.

Waterford is 1 mile from Fort Frye they don’t have a problem getting local games. We have 6 teams in Washington county and only Waterford and Warren will play us.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:53 am
BigBallFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:44 am Fort Frye has a very interesting game against Lima Central Catholic this week. I think it will be their toughest test yet. LCC is very athletic, and plays a different style than SH and Trimble.

Waterford is 1 mile from Fort Frye they don’t have a problem getting local games. We have 6 teams in Washington county and only Waterford and Warren will play us.
There is no good answer for fort Frye . If the other teams in Washington county or the old pvc teams played fort would be up by 30 in and quarter . How would this help fort to get better, how would this help the opposing team to get better? Scheduling harder teams is good but only if you have a chance to win , taking a beating from a superior team is not going to help build a program already in decline fort Frye should know this because that’s how coach Huck started building fort Frye if you look at his first few years non conference schedule was pretty bad

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:07 am

There is no good answer for fort Frye . If the other teams in Washington county or the old pvc teams played fort would be up by 30 in and quarter . How would this help fort to get better, how would this help the opposing team to get better? Scheduling harder teams is good but only if you have a chance to win , taking a beating from a superior team is not going to help build a program already in decline fort Frye should know this because that’s how coach Huck started building fort Frye if you look at his first few years non conference schedule was pretty bad
Non Schedule when he first started is how he built the program. Winning games for kids interested in playing. I agree that sitting kids at half does not get you better. Also though Fort can not play schools much bigger every week. They only have 30-35 players ever year and as you can see this year when you play bigger schools kids get injured. Also they don’t want travel 2 hours every week. I agree they are in a bad spot it’s why they want to join a league so bad.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:15 am

Non Schedule when he first started is how he built the program. Winning games for kids interested in playing. I agree that sitting kids at half does not get you better. Also though Fort can not play schools much bigger every week. They only have 30-35 players ever year and as you can see this year when you play bigger schools kids get injured. Also they don’t want travel 2 hours every week. I agree they are in a bad spot it’s why they want to join a league so bad.
I know fort tried but the mvl would have been a good fit for them and crooksville to hocking would be good for them as well not sure why can’t happen may be travel distance besides TVs Ohio which doesn’t want fort I can’t think of another league that would work

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:22 am

I know fort tried but the mvl would have been a good fit for them and crooksville to hocking would be good for them as well not sure why can’t happen may be travel distance besides TVs Ohio which doesn’t want fort I can’t think of another league that would work
You mean Vinton , Wellston and River Valley don’t want Fort lol. Nelsonville, Alex and Athens voted yes.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:50 am Fort Frye just got a new athletic director this year, let’s be patient and see what they can come up with. It’s not that they can’t find anybody, it’s just sad that all the local teams that beat up on FF for years, (same size schools) want no part of them. It would be nice to play more than 2 or 3 games a season within an hour drive.
I can agree with your statement. There probably aren’t many local teams that are will to take an ass kicking from Fort, but there are plenty of teams that are ready and willing to play them. If you want games you have to go find them. I’m sure Trimble probably didn’t want to drive 2.5 hrs to play a team in BFE West Virginia but they did it to get a game. DSPY only wants to play teams that Fort will take to pound town and I wouldn’t be surprised if Trimble doesn’t play them again.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:29 am

You mean Vinton , Wellston and River Valley don’t want Fort lol. Nelsonville, Alex and Athens voted yes.
They probably already knew how votes would land. I doubt reall Nelsonville and especially Athens wanted you in either Athens get beat by a d6 pretty often already

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:59 am
Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:50 am Fort Frye just got a new athletic director this year, let’s be patient and see what they can come up with. It’s not that they can’t find anybody, it’s just sad that all the local teams that beat up on FF for years, (same size schools) want no part of them. It would be nice to play more than 2 or 3 games a season within an hour drive.
I can agree with your statement. There probably aren’t many local teams that are will to take an ass kicking from Fort, but there are plenty of teams that are ready and willing to play them. If you want games you have to go find them. I’m sure Trimble probably didn’t want to drive 2.5 hrs to play a team in BFE West Virginia but they did it to get a game. DSPY only wants to play teams that Fort will take to pound town and I wouldn’t be surprised if Trimble doesn’t play them again.

Not true playing big games are every week is way more fun . I just don’t want our boys getting hurt playing schools 2-3 times bigger.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:01 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:29 am
They probably already knew how votes would land. I doubt reall Nelsonville and especially Athens wanted you in either Athens get beat by a d6 pretty often already
Fort Frye isnt going to be loaded forever. Also plenty of playoff points on the schedule if they play Fort Frye every year. If it wasn’t for South Gailia voting no Fort would of got in.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

You raise some good points. But I want to point out that we're asking teams in our own division and region to "play up" for one game.

Critics think that Fort Frye should have to play up every single week.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

efarns wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:26 pm

You raise some good points. But I want to point out that we're asking teams in our own division and region to "play up" for one game.

Like I said no good answers . Hard to sign your team up if you have no chance and it’s optional , I will say for coach Huck he doesn’t run the score up to the point of embarrassing his opponent scoring as much as you can and leave starters in I don’t get in my day 28 point difference was allot and few coaches ran it up any more tha. That with a running clock there is no sense in that

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:37 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Like I said no good answers . Hard to sign your team up if you have no chance and it’s optional , I will say for coach Huck he doesn’t run the score up to the point of embarrassing his opponent scoring as much as you can and leave starters in I don’t get in my day 28 point difference was allot and few coaches ran it up any more tha. That with a running clock there is no sense in that

Coach Huck last season pulled starters a ton. He held back a lot Wellston and Caldwell games come to mind.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The contract is up so Trimble is not obligated to play Fort Frye next season but I hope they do.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:15 pm The contract is up so Trimble is not obligated to play Fort Frye next season but I hope they do.
I would be surprised if they do

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:18 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:15 pm The contract is up so Trimble is not obligated to play Fort Frye next season but I hope they do.
Wheeling Central always claimed to have a hard time finding teams because they always won every year. After 2 years of not scoring they won’t play Fort Frye. Linsly seems to play up that might be a good game for the Cadets.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:22 pm
Wheeling Central always claimed to have a hard time finding teams because they always won every year. After 2 years of not scoring they won’t play Fort Frye. Linsly seems to play up that might be a good game for the Cadets.
Have you guys talked to Parkersburg and south

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:24 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Have you guys talked to Parkersburg and south
I think we should play them both if they are interested.

JoeyB10
Waterboy

Post by JoeyB10 »

Yes, Fort Frye is an Elite program at the moment and I am sure it is tough filling your schedule, also not being in a league makes it especially hard to schedule later in the season. I've talked to a couple coaching pals and another reason they have scheduling problems is the wing T. 15-20 years ago you saw it a handful of times on the schedule and always prepared for it...With the all the spread stuff now a days it is hard to prepare for it for three days and play against it, especially when they execute it on a high level. Paul Johnson and Troy Everhart would be proud!!
Last edited by JoeyB10 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”