2021 Portsmouth West 28 - 47 Waverly

TigerTalez

Re: Week 6 West at Waverly

Post by TigerTalez »

Cool and potentially wet friday night. Might make for a lil bit of a different game. Waverly closer than expected.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

smurray wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 pm I’m sure West will try to run the ball down Waverlys throats but the Tigers are much better at defending the run between the tackles this year. It will be a long night for the West defense if Waverly’s O-line is successful in giving Wade Futhey time to throw the football. I don’t see any way West can consistently cover Will Futhey, Morrison, Stulley, Crabtree and Hurd.

Should be great football weather for this one.
What teams have even tried to run the ball and or play a physical style of play? Johnstown is usually a physical team but they are bad this year

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Westfan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:03 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 pm I’m sure West will try to run the ball down Waverlys throats but the Tigers are much better at defending the run between the tackles this year. It will be a long night for the West defense if Waverly’s O-line is successful in giving Wade Futhey time to throw the football. I don’t see any way West can consistently cover Will Futhey, Morrison, Stulley, Crabtree and Hurd.

What teams have even tried to run the ball and or play a physical style of play? Johnstown is usually a physical team but they are bad this year

Portsmouths second rb ..Hammond had some success running the ball ,I think around 80 yards but could be off...most coming from outside running up the middle on waverly was tough

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TigerTalez wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:09 pm Cool and potentially wet friday night. Might make for a lil bit of a different game. Waverly closer than expected.
I’m showing a high of 72 and sunny on Friday. No doubt it will cool off once the sun goes down.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:00 pm

Portsmouths second rb ..Hammond had some success running the ball ,I think around 80 yards but could be off...most coming from outside running up the middle on waverly was tough
And a lot of that had to do with trying to keep Roe at bay with A lot of speed at WR.

Waverly should be a lot more successful focusing on a run based team that occasionally passes.

A lot of this game will depend on who strikes first. Harder to keep a Waverly offense out of their element than a run based team trying to play catch-up.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Little off topic but does anyone know where the West vs Minford game will be next week? Shame the new field isnt ready yet.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:08 am Little off topic but does anyone know where the West vs Minford game will be next week? Shame the new field isnt ready yet.
Valley

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:01 am
biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:00 pm

And a lot of that had to do with trying to keep Roe at bay with A lot of speed at WR.

Waverly should be a lot more successful focusing on a run based team that occasionally passes.

A lot of this game will depend on who strikes first. Harder to keep a Waverly offense out of their element than a run based team trying to play catch-up.

Agreed 👍

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm Series History
West leads the series at 34-32 with 2 ties.
Average score of the games played
West -19
Waverly-18
If that doesn't sum it up, I dont know what does. Hope for a good ball game.

Your post about the series history illustrates why this will be a competitive game. West is improving and Waverly may be treading water with injuries and their bye week.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:09 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm Series History
West leads the series at 34-32 with 2 ties.
Average score of the games played
West -19
Waverly-18
If that doesn't sum it up, I dont know what does. Hope for a good ball game.

Your post about the series history illustrates why this will be a competitive game. West is improving and Waverly may be treading water with injuries and their bye week.
By no means am I slighting Portsmouth when I say this but I am hoping last Friday was a wake up call for the Tigers. A wake up call to come out ready to play ball in the first half and to never take your opponent lightly. Portsmouth is a very good football team but I think a 42-21 score in one half of play in that scrimmage didn’t help the Tigers attitude entering the game last Friday.
With the exception of the Miami Trace game, Waverly has not come out and played particularly well in the first half (Johnstown Monroe, Unioto, Portsmouth). Tigers need to respect the Senators and be ready to play Tiger ball at the opening kick.
Last year means nothing and what either team has done to this point means nothing. If the Tigers aren’t ready the Senators can indeed knock them off.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Lame…. I guess Waverly can’t have a bad game and give credit to Portsmouth. Only ironton and burg can have those.

Miami Trace was the second best team we faced and that was 42-3. Could you call that a good game?

If there are no bad games can you even have good games.

So that beat down by Portsmouth wasn’t a bad game for West?

This is really hard to figure out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

4:46 7-7
West scored on 4th and 10 27 yd pass
Waverly score on 4th and 9 20 yd pass.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

West was pass to Bishop
Waverly was pass to Stulley

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Someone show me video proof of that interception. Looked out of bounds by 3 yards. Seems typical in Pike County to get that call.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

End of One
7-7

Waverly ball at their 43 after Morrison picks a pass at the Tiger 8

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Can't stop them on defense, we are doing fine on offense moving it. Bad call in the redzone, "interception" was out of bounds.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

10:40 Crabtree 5 yd td run from wildcat on 2nd and 4.
Big scramble by Wade Futhey on 1st down after a holding call to get it to the 5.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 pm Someone show me video proof of that interception. Looked out of bounds by 3 yards. Seems typical in Pike County to get that call.
I’ll guarantee you they aren’t from Pike County.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tiger defense holds. Bad snap on punt and Barfield runs for a first down.
At the Tiger 30, first and 10 with 8:26

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

7:34 Irwin 2 YD TD run 14-14

Return to “Football”