2021 Portsmouth West 28 - 47 Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

2021 Portsmouth West 28 - 47 Waverly

Post by smurray »

West will be traveling to Waverly next Friday since their field is not ready. The next 2 years Waverly will travel to West.

Waverly is the walking wounded with several guys going down tonight. Hope Hurds injury is not serious.

Waverly with hard fought never give up victory tonight over a very good Portsmouth Trojans team.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Week 6 West at Waverly

Post by LetsBeReal »

Portsmouth West is better than what they showed against Portsmouth. Can be dangerous. Waverly showed heart tonight but was in a position they shouldn’t of been. Hopefully Waverly doesn’t take another step back.

Look for a lot of passes. Hopefully Waverly can put up a lot of points fast to rest the starters.

Would really like to develop some underclassman in the backfield. Better now than week 11/12.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:23 am Portsmouth West is better than what they showed against Portsmouth. Can be dangerous. Waverly showed heart tonight but was in a position they shouldn’t of been. Hopefully Waverly doesn’t take another step back.

Look for a lot of passes. Hopefully Waverly can put up a lot of points fast to rest the starters.

Would really like to develop some underclassman in the backfield. Better now than week 11/12.
Waverly's first 2 RBs are sophomores who got hurt last night. Not much more underclassman development they can be doing. I imagine any other underclassmen are JV players and haven't been getting a lot of practice reps until this coming week. They lost a junior and senior in the preseason. Maybe they can implement some stuff for freshman Robertson this week. He would give them a bigger RB to maybe pick up some of those tougher inside yards.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:04 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:23 am Portsmouth West is better than what they showed against Portsmouth. Can be dangerous. Waverly showed heart tonight but was in a position they shouldn’t of been. Hopefully Waverly doesn’t take another step back.

Waverly's first 2 RBs are sophomores who got hurt last night. Not much more underclassman development they can be doing. I imagine any other underclassmen are JV players and haven't been getting a lot of practice reps until this coming week. They lost a junior and senior in the preseason. Maybe they can implement some stuff for freshman Robertson this week. He would give them a bigger RB to maybe pick up some of those tougher inside yards.
RB and LB are dropping like flies.
Ya, not sure there are many more underclassmen to develop. Creed Smith came in and ran for 96 yards and had some great runs but be too went down. Hurd because the starter and he’s a sophomore - hope is injury is not serious.
I think you have to give Robertson some consideration this week. Only a freshman but the kid is a beast and ran the ball in Jr High.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Waverly big in this one. I think they come out guns blazing and put up 42. 42-21 waverly.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:08 am

Ya, not sure there are many more underclassmen to develop. Creed Smith came in and ran for 96 yards and had some great runs but be too went down. Hurd because the starter and he’s a sophomore - hope is injury is not serious.
I think you have to give Robertson some consideration this week. Only a freshman but the kid is a beast and ran the ball in Jr High.
So if injury’s stand still Trey Robertson is it?

I imagine if they go pass heavy you could keep stulley back there too and use Barnett/mclellan/Crabtree more.

One of my favorite players so far has been J.T. Barnett. His hits last night were vicious.

I hate game comparisons but

West 27 - Fairland 28
Fairland 14 - Ironton 20 OT

west isn’t a slouch by any means

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:08 am

So if injury’s stand still Trey Robertson is it?

I imagine if they go pass heavy you could keep stulley back there too and use Barnett/mclellan/Crabtree more.

One of my favorite players so far has been J.T. Barnett. His hits last night were vicious.

I hate game comparisons but

West 27 - Fairland 28
Fairland 14 - Ironton 20 OT

west isn’t a slouch by any means
Braylon Robertson (freshman)
He was a RB in junior high but has been working TE this year. Can move Crabtree to RB and Robertson TE.
Smith did great last night so maybe he gets more reps in practice this week.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

5 weeks in and I still don't know what to think exactly about West. KIPP had more athletes than I expected, but I still believe we should have beat them by atleast 3 scores. We had to have atleast 300 yards rushing. Sissel is a beast but we have to be able to go to other people. Our two losses were to very good teams,and was in the situation to win both. Without Waverlys injuries, I dont think we win. Just not the match up that we are good at. How is Waverlys rush defense? And defense in general now with injuries looming? If we get in a shootout we lose. Maybe by a few scores. If we sustain drives and capitalize, we are capable of winning. Good old fashioned, ground and pound West Side football. Let them load the box and hit a few play actions. I would not take West lightly. Especially if they show up to play. Hate this won't be the grand opening of the remodeled Rock. If coach can't motivate them to have some fire and intensity in this game, I don't know what else to say.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Sorry something is wrong with my brain today. It would help if we had Trey though. Their is No way you can confuse the kid who has been tearing up gyms for the past 3 years with his younger brother.

And I wouldn’t run Smith at all if he isn’t 100 percent this week.Hopefully two weeks is enough for Hurd.
He showed what he can do and seemed a lot more comfortable last night. We just need to have 2-3 people who will be comfortable. Maybe Crabtree can turn into this years JAXSON POE with hard nosed running.

(BTW last night when you mixed him up with Creed Miller that sent chills down my spine. It’s been a long long time since he played but sure did bring back good memories)

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Series History
West leads the series at 34-32 with 2 ties.
Average score of the games played
West -19
Waverly-18
If that doesn't sum it up, I dont know what does. Hope for a good ball game.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm Series History
West leads the series at 34-32 with 2 ties.
Average score of the games played
West -19
Waverly-18
If that doesn't sum it up, I dont know what does. Hope for a good ball game.
West has already proven they can play with good teams. Can be a great game or a blowout. I’ve been on the west train all year. Thought the Portsmouth game was a fluke. I’m sorry this game has to be in Waverly. Seniors are getting the short end of the stick.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

wonderbread wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:08 pm should the "walking wounded" JUST CANCEL THE REST OF THE SEASON ? FROM ALL THE TALK THIS TEAM CAN BARLEY WALK ONTO THE FIELD BUT HONESTLY THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM AND SOME FANS ARE NOT GIVING THE KIDS THAT ARE PLAYING MUCH RESPECT ITS LIKE YOU ARE DOWNGRADING THE KIDS THAT ARE OUT THERE BECAUSE YOU CANT POUND TEAMS IN THE GROUND REALLY NEED TO GET OVER YOUR SELVES
Go Troll someone else. No one buys this. New account.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has improved each week and can absolutely win this game. Team had about 350 yards rushing last night with Sissel being just shy of 300 yards rushing on his own. West has weapons on the outside, a good line, and a good experienced quarterback. Defense has been tested against 3 really good offenses and held up well. Flow of the game and turnovers will decide this game.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think this has the potential to be a game that is closer than some may think. I believe West is better than what they may seem, and Waverly is at a point where they are trying to navigate injuries and some uncertainty in some spots because of that. Hopefully Hurd or Smith is healed up good enough to start, but if they aren’t basically 100% I hope they don’t get put out there and have to play hobbled around. Just not a good scenario for anyone IMO. If neither one of them are a go I would like to see Robertson get carries, but I don’t believe that happens, unless he can show in practice he can move a little better than what he has been. I know he’s had his own lingering issues this year unfortunately, and I’m not sure he’s at the point where he could play RB consistently. He’s a beast and would run over whoever gets in his way, I just don’t know if he’s there yet physically. Delgado (sophomore) could be one that may get some reps if need be in practice. But it’ll come down to who the coaches trust the most, luckily they have a week to sort it out. The Tigers need to be able to run the ball effectively to be at full performance, it makes the defense stay honest and doesn’t put the weight of the game on Futheys shoulders.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly 38
West 15

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

West is coming a long really nicely my question is can they stand up to the pass and for this game I'm not so sure. Going with Waverly by 2 scores.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Waverly by 2 scores or more

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’ll go waverly. Wouldn’t be surprised if west won

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Waverly is just to good they will win by 10 to 14 points

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Surprised at the close predictions. Waverly had a letdown vs a good Portsmouth team and still won. They play very similar.

West had a letdown and lost by 4 scores.

Waverly shouldn’t win this game by any less than 3-4 scores even with their injuries. They have a lot of chess pieces left to move around for the run game. Pass game is as good as you will see in this area. Wade Futhey may not be shanks but he is good in his own right.

Return to “Football”