frankie
Varsity

Re: Ironton would defeat Burg convincingly a 2nd time also

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:08 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 am
d-5 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:38 pm Pikeville would beat Ironton
Ironton would beat Pikeville.

Moeller would beat Wheelersburg and Pikeville.

:lol:
Pikeville would beat ironton but I also think ironton could beat pikevile. I give pikeville the edge though.

Moeller is a low to mid tiered D1 as seen last week when st X blasted them.

Burg right now is a 10 point dog to pikeville and ironton. If they can figure out how to move the ball this year consistently, then they could beat pike and ironton on any given night.

There you go with your if's again. :lol: I hope we play again this year, I like hearing your excuses.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Pikeville would beat ironton but I also think ironton could beat pikevile. I give pikeville the edge though.

Burg right now is a 10 point dog to pikeville and ironton. If they can figure out how to move the ball this year consistently, then they could beat pike and ironton on any given night.

There you go with your if's again. :lol: I hope we play again this year, I like hearing your excuses.
Yea but ST.X is blasting everybody. Moeller would roll Burg & Pikeville also. Burg improved for a couple weeks post getting blown out by Ironton but unfortunately they have slipped back into the bad habits & issues they started the season with. Ironton has started correcting mistakes and getting healthy. The 2nd time might be worse.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerTalez wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 pm

Yea but ST.X is blasting everybody. Moeller would roll Burg & Pikeville also. Burg improved for a couple weeks post getting blown out by Ironton but unfortunately they have slipped back into the bad habits & issues they started the season with. Ironton has started correcting mistakes and getting healthy. The 2nd time might be worse.
They were healthy the first time QB2 played great so don’t give me we are way better with QB1. He’s a better passer probably but QB2 is a better runner. Ironton also was the recipient in a pick six and a three fumble recoveries. It won’t be worse. It will be very close. I still give edge to ironton. I don’t have the rose color glasses on. But burg is more than capable of beating ironton this year should they meet again.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 am

They were healthy the first time QB2 played great so don’t give me we are way better with QB1. He’s a better passer probably but QB2 is a better runner. Ironton also was the recipient in a pick six and a three fumble recoveries. It won’t be worse. It will be very close. I still give edge to ironton. I don’t have the rose color glasses on. But burg is more than capable of beating ironton this year should they meet again.
"Ironton also was the recipient in a pick six and a three fumble recoveries." This is part of the game, but you use it as an excuse for losing, as usual. Tigers didn't beat you, you gave the game to them. SMFH.

Ironton had alot of penalties and fumbled themselves, again that is part of the game and they still beat you by 34. You can't own it, you act like it was given to the Tigers when in reality they made plays and physically beat you. Beat you easily and will do it again if we should play again this season. With qb1 or qb2.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Mind you one of those TOs was after Ironton forced a punt and it hit the guy blocking in the leg and they got the ball at the 6 yard line. After watching the replay of the game. Other than 2 long pass plays on a busted coverage by a young player seeing his first varsity minutes. Wheelersburg couldn’t move the football. Wheelersburg didn’t have many first downs or positive plays running the football.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Why is this even a discussion since these teams are not currently scheduled to play again this year?

Burg needs to focus on the SOC and on cleaning up the turnovers; not whether they will or won’t beat Ironton if they meet in the playoffs. I thought four in one quarter against Ironton was just a fluke, but after Pikeville and Jackson, these turnovers are no fluke but a major chronic problem with this team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm Mind you one of those TOs was after Ironton forced a punt and it hit the guy blocking in the leg and they got the ball at the 6 yard line. After watching the replay of the game. Other than 2 long pass plays on a busted coverage by a young player seeing his first varsity minutes. Wheelersburg couldn’t move the football. Wheelersburg didn’t have many first downs or positive plays running the football.
Ironton was plus 3 in that category. Burg isn’t going to be overcome that against a team like ironton. Let’s not act like ironton was an offensive juggernaut in that game. Take away One long run and the stats even out. Again ironton was the better team that evening, overall I still give the advantage but the topic of discussion is a potential rematch having ironton with the same lopsided outcome. I completely disagree.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:12 pm Why is this even a discussion since these teams are not currently scheduled to play again this year?

Burg needs to focus on the SOC and on cleaning up the turnovers; not whether they will or won’t beat Ironton if they meet in the playoffs. I thought four in one quarter against Ironton was just a fluke, but after Pikeville and Jackson, these turnovers are no fluke but a major chronic problem with this team.
I agree with the turnovers. I’m just responding to the original debate.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:47 pm
XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm Mind you one of those TOs was after Ironton forced a punt and it hit the guy blocking in the leg and they got the ball at the 6 yard line. After watching the replay of the game. Other than 2 long pass plays on a busted coverage by a young player seeing his first varsity minutes. Wheelersburg couldn’t move the football. Wheelersburg didn’t have many first downs or positive plays running the football.
Ironton was plus 3 in that category. Burg isn’t going to be overcome that against a team like ironton. Let’s not act like ironton was an offensive juggernaut in that game. Take away One long run and the stats even out. Again ironton was the better team that evening, overall I still give the advantage but the topic of discussion is a potential rematch having ironton with the same lopsided outcome. I completely disagree.
It will be worse next time.

Wheelersburg doesn’t have the guys to cover all the Ironton Wrs and Keyes only got the ball 6-7 times last game. Expect that # to go way up.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think the week 10 1979 Burg team could beat the week 2 1982 Ironton team.

I saw both play and I think it's a no doubter!!!!!

WTAF!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Come on dude. Youve been around here for years and I know your football IQ isnt that low.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Come on dude. Youve been around here for years and I know your football IQ isnt that low.
The most important variable hasn't changed. Ironton is still more talented up front on both sides and Burg hasn't cleaned up mistakes and turnovers.

Ironton again. Similar outcome.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:47 pm
Couple things.

1. Ironton is better up front.
2. Carpenter return .
3. Last two weeks Ironton has cleaned up penalties and turnovers. Burg is still struggling.
4. Ironton is + on depth, Qb, offensive line, experience, and defense.

Credit to Burg for a competitive schedule. However the game to be found in scioto county is with The Trojans. The burg is in rebuild.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Do you mean Moeller 1 and four beat Ironton, say, It's not true

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Moeller is far from a low to mid tier D1 team. St X is best team in the state and just that good.

Burg had shown no improvement with regards to turnovers. Need dramatic improvement in that area before any claims they can beat a strong D5 team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Moeller is far from a low to mid tier D1 team. St X is best team in the state and just that good.

Burg had shown no improvement with regards to turnovers. Need dramatic improvement in that area before any claims they can beat a strong D5 team.
I never commented saying the pirates would definitely win. I said they would have a chance which is true and the complete opposite of the thread title. And yes pikeville is +1 better than ironton and moeller is a mid tier d1. Wait and see. I’ll definitely come and eat crow on that last statement if I’m wrong. Pikeville statement is a matter of opinion. Some have agreed, some not.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:12 pm Why is this even a discussion since these teams are not currently scheduled to play again this year?

Because it's a rivalry. It's always relevant.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 am

I think the added threat of Carpenter making plays in the pass is gonna help open up Ironton offensively. If they continue to limit their mistakes as seen the last couple of weeks with their defense I think Ironton is a tall task for Burg this season.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 pm

I never commented saying the pirates would definitely win. I said they would have a chance which is true and the complete opposite of the thread title. And yes pikeville is +1 better than ironton and moeller is a mid tier d1. Wait and see. I’ll definitely come and eat crow on that last statement if I’m wrong. Pikeville statement is a matter of opinion. Some have agreed, some not.
Burg definitely should be competitive. But the turnovers and offensive play calling have been issues all year. Unfortunately, I don’t see these two things getting better anytime soon.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Wheelersburg gets better every week. After thrashing Minford, oddsmakers have them -125 to win R19 and -7.5 in a potential Ironton rematch.

Return to “Football”