Ironton would defeat Burg convincingly a 2nd time also

BigGame99

Ironton would defeat Burg convincingly a 2nd time also

Post by BigGame99 »

Headed into the 2nd half of the regular seaaon I still think Ironton is decidedly more talented and bigger & more physical than Burg up front on both sides of the ball. Ironton has decreased their misfakes the last couple weeks, and Burgs mistakes and inability to take care of the ball has not improved as significantly. With qb1 back and appearing healthy Ironton is also decidedly more experienced and talented at the qb position and overall this season Ironton has more depth. In the 1st matchup burg got swallowed up front. Reports of burg being quicker were a bit exaggerated going into week one and Ironton just overwhelmed burg physically. At the halfway point I don't think much has changed. And Ironton is the better team defensively.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Ironton would defeat Burg convincingly a 2nd time also

Post by LetsBeReal »

Not to many people really believe that. Ironton isn’t progressing or blowing the doors off bad teams. Wheelersburg was their highest point total so far. Needed a better showing against south point. The doubters will continue to grow.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:12 am Not to many people really believe that. Ironton isn’t progressing or blowing the doors off bad teams. Wheelersburg was their highest point total so far. Needed a better showing against south point. The doubters will continue to grow.
Ironton was up 36-0 with 9:30 left in 2nd qtr.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

XandOs wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:12 am Not to many people really believe that. Ironton isn’t progressing or blowing the doors off bad teams. Wheelersburg was their highest point total so far. Needed a better showing against south point. The doubters will continue to grow.
Ironton was up 36-0 with 9:30 left in 2nd qtr.
That’s what I get for not actually watching the game . Apologies

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

No problem. Ironton. Got their QB and RB back this week. They could have scored literally every offensive play.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigGame99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:41 am Headed into the 2nd half of the regular seaaon I still think Ironton is decidedly more talented and bigger & more physical than Burg up front on both sides of the ball. Ironton has decreased their misfakes the last couple weeks, and Burgs mistakes and inability to take care of the ball has not improved as significantly. With qb1 back and appearing healthy Ironton is also decidedly more experienced and talented at the qb position and overall this season Ironton has more depth. In the 1st matchup burg got swallowed up front. Reports of burg being quicker were a bit exaggerated going into week one and Ironton just overwhelmed burg physically. At the halfway point I don't think much has changed. And Ironton is the better team defensively.
WHO CARES...it's week 6 coming up

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

I think Rock Hill could beat wheelersburg this year. I'd like to see this matchup.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:35 am
BigGame99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:41 am Headed into the 2nd half of the regular seaaon I still think Ironton is decidedly more talented and bigger & more physical than Burg up front on both sides of the ball. Ironton has decreased their misfakes the last couple weeks, and Burgs mistakes and inability to take care of the ball has not improved as significantly. With qb1 back and appearing healthy Ironton is also decidedly more experienced and talented at the qb position and overall this season Ironton has more depth. In the 1st matchup burg got swallowed up front. Reports of burg being quicker were a bit exaggerated going into week one and Ironton just overwhelmed burg physically. At the halfway point I don't think much has changed. And Ironton is the better team defensively.
It's always a conversation but right now you might be right. The big boys in scioto co just might be Trojans this season.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:56 am I think Rock Hill could beat wheelersburg this year. I'd like to see this matchup.
I’m sure this post can’t be taken serious. That’s laughable to even consider.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

BigGame99 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:48 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:35 am
It's always a conversation but right now you might be right. The big boys in scioto co just might be Trojans this season.
All Portsmouth had to do was not run to play the likes of River Valley a few years back and we could of witnessed this game but now we may never know unless they meet up in the playoffs.

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 am
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:56 am I think Rock Hill could beat wheelersburg this year. I'd like to see this matchup.
Why not? Why laughable? It would be a pretty evenly matched game! We both have losing records. Burg lost to Ironton by 34 points and I think Redmen will do much better then that vs Ironton. Pirates and Redmen stats and win loss records are virtually identical.

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:40 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 am
Why not? Why laughable? It would be a pretty evenly matched game! We both have losing records. Burg lost to Ironton by 34 points and I think Redmen will do much better then that vs Ironton. Pirates and Redmen stats and win loss records are virtually identical.
Yes they both have losing records but that’s about the only thing that’s comparable with theses 2 teams. There’s probably not a team that Wheelersburg has played thus far that wouldn’t easily handle Rock Hill and by that I mean win by 4 plus TDs.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Pikeville would beat Ironton

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

I think Wheelersburg has improved throughout the season. I don’t feel like Ironton is any better than they were early in the season, I’ve seen 3 of their games this season. I know they have had a few kids out with injury so I think Ironton would win a second matchup but by a much slimmer margin.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

d-5 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:38 pm Pikeville would beat Ironton
Can I get a set of lottery numbers,since you can see what never happens

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

With the abundantly generous playoff field this year, it wouldn't seem too far of a stretch to see these two go at it again. Would love that to see the Tigers pad (assuming that Ironton wins which I think they'd do easily, personally) the series

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton would beat Pikeville.

Moeller would beat Wheelersburg and Pikeville.

:lol:

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 am
Can I get a set of lottery numbers,since you can see what never happens
05 36 39 45 57 powerball will be 11 ;)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 am
Ironton would beat Pikeville.

Moeller would beat Wheelersburg and Pikeville.

:lol:
Pikeville would beat ironton but I also think ironton could beat pikevile. I give pikeville the edge though.

Moeller is a low to mid tiered D1 as seen last week when st X blasted them.

Burg right now is a 10 point dog to pikeville and ironton. If they can figure out how to move the ball this year consistently, then they could beat pike and ironton on any given night.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Moeller’s people felt they were the 4th best team in Cincinnati. Ironton may very well be their last win of the year. Whole nother level.

Return to “Football”