Region 19 Top 8 teams

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Region 19 Top 8 teams

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Only halfway through the regular season but seems like the clear front runners to secure a home playoff game are Piketon, Ridgewood, Ironton, Portsmouth, Harvest Prep, West, Amanda-Clearcreek and Burg with Zane Trace trying to sneak in. Thoughts?

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Region 19 Top 8 teams

Post by petesweaty »

The problem with Zane Trace getting a home game is the last 5 teams they play are a combined 6-18.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

AC has possibly 2 more losses coming. Not sure their remaining wins will be enough to keep them in the top 8. If both Ridgewood and Piketon win out Ridgewood will overtake them for the 1 seed. They have a good bit more 2nd level points with their remaining opponents. Week 10 games between Ironton/Portsmouth Ridgewood/Garaway will be huge in terms of final seeding. And with all the cancellations 2nd level divisors will shake things up some more.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ridgewood is 2 but will end up 1. I think Piketon gets the 2 if wins out and harvest prep will get 3. I forgot ironton. They will be 2. Who knows lol. I just want Portsmouth in the top 8

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

1-Ironton
2 Ridgewood
3 Harvest Prep

4 Portsmouth
5 Wheelersburg

6 Piketon

7 Portsmouth West
8 Amanda CC(Jonathan Alder win)

West Muskingham
Columbus Academy
Bishop Ready

1-3,4-5, 7-11 can be interchangeable. Just broke them up by levels more or less.

Not throwing shade at any team.

Not based on points just caliber of team so far.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

CFB1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:33 pm AC has possibly 2 more losses coming. Not sure their remaining wins will be enough to keep them in the top 8. If both Ridgewood and Piketon win out Ridgewood will overtake them for the 1 seed. They have a good bit more 2nd level points with their remaining opponents. Week 10 games between Ironton/Portsmouth Ridgewood/Garaway will be huge in terms of final seeding. And with all the cancellations 2nd level divisors will shake things up some more.
Honestly after quick glance at schedules and what not, Clearcreek has a decent chance of making top 8 even if they lose two more. Burg could make top 8 going 6-4 as well. There's going to be a decent bit of records 5-5 or worse in this region and some teams like Zane Trace and West Muskingum dont have the strength in schedule. Could be one maybe two surprises but I think the top 8 will be some mix of the nine teams I mentioned in OP. Those week 10 games will be huge exciting way to head into playoffs.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Ironton is to have any chance of winning the region, they need to improve on offense. They are ok at a lot of different sets and formations but not great at any of them. Not a knock on Ironton because they can win the region. Stout defense, just need some better identity on offense.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Ridgewood depends on if/when Tingle is able to come back. They are obviously a different team without him and have struggled significantly without him the last 2 weeks.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Giving up multiple scores in competitive game to what look like average D6/D7 weeks back to back weeks is alarming for Ridgewood, Tingle or no.

I said before season, I’ll say it again now. Harvest Prep my favorite in this region.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 pm Giving up multiple scores in competitive game to what look like average D6/D7 weeks back to back weeks is alarming for Ridgewood, Tingle or no.

I said before season, I’ll say it again now. Harvest Prep my favorite in this region.
No tingle, no backup qb, Wood played 2nd half with 5th string QB. That’s not a misprint…Also been missing some starters due to quarantine. And you can make the “no tingle” or not comment all you want but it’s a different team without him. As for the defense they really didn’t give up a score… kickoff return and int return for TD. Another pick put East canton on very short field

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

When will Tingle return? Don't need him next week against Tusky Valley.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 pm Giving up multiple scores in competitive game to what look like average D6/D7 weeks back to back weeks is alarming for Ridgewood, Tingle or no.

No tingle, no backup qb, Wood played 2nd half with 5th string QB. That’s not a misprint…Also been missing some starters due to quarantine. And you can make the “no tingle” or not comment all you want but it’s a different team without him. As for the defense they really didn’t give up a score… kickoff return and int return for TD. Another pick put East canton on very short field
Good info. I realize Tingle is a superstar, and his absence is obviously huge, but losing him shouldn’t take a regional title contender down to playing level with average D6/D7 teams. Now, add on multiple other starters, it starts to make more sense.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:16 pm If Ironton is to have any chance of winning the region, they need to improve on offense. They are ok at a lot of different sets and formations but not great at any of them. Not a knock on Ironton because they can win the region. Stout defense, just need some better identity on offense.
Heard QB1 was back for Ironton that should take a little pressure off the offense as Wylie can contribute at other positions and Carpenter has the experience. Curious to see the kid play it seems like he did quite a bit of training in the offseason at camps and such. Irontons offense should progress but it doesnt help that they wont be tested again till week 10. Trojans have done well against the run for the most part it should make for a good matchup.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:47 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:16 pm If Ironton is to have any chance of winning the region, they need to improve on offense. They are ok at a lot of different sets and formations but not great at any of them. Not a knock on Ironton because they can win the region. Stout defense, just need some better identity on offense.
Heard QB1 was back for Ironton that should take a little pressure off the offense as Wylie can contribute at other positions and Carpenter has the experience. Curious to see the kid play it seems like he did quite a bit of training in the offseason at camps and such. Irontons offense should progress but it doesnt help that they wont be tested again till week 10. Trojans have done well against the run for the most part it should make for a good matchup.
Carpenter was back for South Point game and was spot on with his passes.
I know it was only South Point but it was a good game for him to come back to and he was impressive and opened Ironton's offence up.
Ironton took him out at the 9 minute mark of the second quarter as well as most of the starters with Ironton up 36-0.
a lot of under classmen including freshmen played the rest of the game.
Ironton's offense isn't perfect but it is greatly improved

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:47 pm
Carpenter was back for South Point game and was spot on with his passes.
I know it was only South Point but it was a good game for him to come back to and he was impressive and opened Ironton's offence up.
Ironton took him out at the 9 minute mark of the second quarter as well as most of the starters with Ironton up 36-0.
a lot of under classmen including freshmen played the rest of the game.
Ironton's offense isn't perfect but it is greatly improved
Glad to hear he's back. Having to miss games feels horrible, you can never get them back. The defense has played pretty well so far, I want to see this team when the offense finds its rhythm. They have the personel just need to get everything clicking.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Like I’ve said all year, Keyes needs to get more touches at RB.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:03 pm Like I’ve said all year, Keyes needs to get more touches at RB.
Without a doubt!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Wakefield.Warrior wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:13 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:03 pm Like I’ve said all year, Keyes needs to get more touches at RB.
Without a doubt!
Should eventually reach a point where he gets 20 touches per game. As long as he's healthy there's no reason he shouldnt. As much as they run there will still be plenty of carries for others.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I think he will I believe they are keeping him fresh for the playoffs when they will really need him and the rest of the team healthy for the long run

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Piketon looking to go undefeated so will likely secure the #1 seed unless Ridgewood also goes undefeated. They have two games left that are a threat, specially without Tingle. If Tingle isnt back for the Garaway game they more than likely lose. I look for these teams to take the top two seeds with some order of Portsmouth, Ironton, and Harvest Prep 3-5. These are the current top 5 and I think it stays that way.

Return to “Football”