2021 Hillsboro 0 - 42 Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

2021 Hillsboro 0 - 42 Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

FAC opens up this week. Hillsboro doesn’t like Jackson and will be believing as they are 3-2 and coming off of a 51 point first half (yes that team is not good but high school kids just know they are rolling…don’t always understand the competition is a big part of it)

Jackson is a big favorite on paper but they haven’t don’t a whole lot to convince everyone. Schedule has been brutal…are painfully close to 5-0 but also inches from 2-3.

Winters at QB I expect a scheme to keep him upright and healthy. If he goes down….

I’d say a decent bit of spread and quick hitters and Wolford will get ample totes. Prater can’t have 3 yards receiving, he just can’t. Blankenship? Not sure he got a touch last game. Bragg? He’s proven very reliable on this routes and catches. Loved the plays last game to Broermann and Wolford that were wide open…it doesn’t have to be thrm but those plays will work as long as the holdings and fumbles and interception stop immediately. Winters will need to throw the ball away some and he’ll need to run some but we can’t lose him.

Defensively….we are special. Not as special without Spires but we are very sound and solid. I feel the next guys in line will need to get some reps and play more on defense. Mapes, Wood, Ervin, Delong, Jarvis, Davis, Powell, Campbell…..give some rest to Bragg, Blankenship, Winters, Mastin, Karagosian, Wolford…..but the offense not making numerous errors has to happen for that to happen. If the offense stays sloppy and can’t pull away….those guys can’t leave the field. The first 5 have been very demanding on so many players. We need some easy weeks but it falls completely on the offense to make that happen.

I think this will be a nail biter or we win huge. Western Brown could’ve put up 80 on them but that doesn’t matter. Only this game matters.

Go Ironmen!

Jackson fans….hit up Big Ernie’s….just do it

Ironmen34
Varsity

Re: Week 6…Jackson (3-2) @ Hillsboro (3-2)

Post by Ironmen34 »

No disrespect to Hillsboro, their kids are always tough and they have a solid coach but I’ll be disappointed if this one is close. I just want to see improvement from week to week and a clean game. No turnovers and keep the penalties to a minimum. I know when you are trying to get hands on someone and be physical with them holding calls will happen but it seems the ones we get just break our backs. Gotta cut those out. I think you don’t run winters unless you absolutely need to these next couple weeks. I’ll bet our defense stays solid. Special teams has improved. Just need our offense to come alive at some point. Last half of the 2021 season let’s empty out the gas tanks and leave it all out there

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro gave up big runs to Novak…..maybe we can get some big plays this week that actually make the scoreboard change.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson should win by a few

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I would love to see a well balanced attack on offense. Run the ball well with wolford, broermann, Webb, with the line leading the way upfront getting great push. Let winters air it out a little bit to get back in the rhythm of playing quarterback. I would like to see prater, Bragg, and Blankenship all get some touches. Get them some screens to see what they can do with them and then take sone deep shots for the home run. Use every weapon you have. And the defense just keep playing hard you’ve been solid up to this point. Go Jackson!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:41 pm Hillsboro gave up big runs to Novak…..maybe we can get some big plays this week that actually make the scoreboard change.
I would love to see some us break some long runs. It seems we haven’t had many of those 50+ yard runs so far this year

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Romp and stomp time no mercy We have Winters time to light it up and work on the passing game I’d like to see 30 passes. We are gonna need to be 50 50 run pass to be dangerous in regional play. In between the 20s is wide open time. He should have 1500 yards the next 5 games. If it were me I’d throw in a drawl and work on at least 3 screens. I’ve done our self scout through 5 weeks and we are way too predictable but don’t have to be. There are more ways to get the ball in 8 hands on the outside might not even get a holding call!

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:41 pm Hillsboro gave up big runs to Novak…..maybe we can get some big plays this week that actually make the scoreboard change.
Any word on 15

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:12 pm Romp and stomp time no mercy We have Winters time to light it up and work on the passing game I’d like to see 30 passes. We are gonna need to be 50 50 run pass to be dangerous in regional play. In between the 20s is wide open time. He should have 1500 yards the next 5 games. If it were me I’d throw in a drawl and work on at least 3 screens. I’ve done our self scout through 5 weeks and we are way too predictable but don’t have to be. There are more ways to get the ball in 8 hands on the outside might not even get a holding call!
Agree, especially about the 50-50 run pass.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:05 pm I would love to see a well balanced attack on offense. Run the ball well with wolford, broermann, Webb, with the line leading the way upfront getting great push. Let winters air it out a little bit to get back in the rhythm of playing quarterback. I would like to see prater, Bragg, and Blankenship all get some touches. Get them some screens to see what they can do with them and then take sone deep shots for the home run. Use every weapon you have. And the defense just keep playing hard you’ve been solid up to this point. Go Jackson!
Agree 💯 should have read this before I posted we are on the same page.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What Hillsboro is surely going to key on:

Obvious runs to Wolford
Winters on keepers
Covering Prater

Things they’ll likely be prepped for:

The plays that get carries to Webb and Broermann
The plays last week that got TD’s in big moments to Broermann and Wolford….I’d be surprised if similar plays worked this week.

I really like it when we do what it doesn’t look like we are doing. We are predictable and that would be ok if we were far more disciplined and didn’t have the 1st and 20’s and fumbles.

We should be able to run when we show run but no room for error. I just want an injury free win (and a large pepperoni/sausage pizza from BE’s)

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Jackson by a couple scores.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’s possible that all 6 FAC teams make the playoffs, currently 5 of 6 are and Chillicothe of course a long shot…but a lot of points to be had beating most teams in league play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 41
Hillsboro 14

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson should win this by 3-4 scores at least but given the mistakes they've been making this might just be a 2-3 score game. Going out on a limb though jackson cleans it up a bit this week heading into the daunting FAC schedule and pulls it out by 4 scores.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Better eat before the game. Last Friday, every restaurant (including BE) in Hillsboro was closed by 9:30-10:00pm, including drive thru's. McDonald's drive thru was about the only thing open.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Heard we are now only practicing 1 day a week for the rest of our schedule until playoffs. Any truth to that?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:14 pm Heard we are now only practicing 1 day a week for the rest of our schedule until playoffs. Any truth to that?
Lord I hope not , most undisciplined team I’ve seen at Jackson. This team can’t afford not to work.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TrueFan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:37 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Better eat before the game. Last Friday, every restaurant (including BE) in Hillsboro was closed by 9:30-10:00pm, including drive thru's. McDonald's drive thru was about the only thing open.
Oh I’ll be there before the other Jackson fans or others make them super busy. I’m good at all the factors that entail eating 😁

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:10 pm
Jimbob2023 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:14 pm Heard we are now only practicing 1 day a week for the rest of our schedule until playoffs. Any truth to that?
Lord I hope not , most undisciplined team I’ve seen at Jackson. This team can’t afford not to work.
Lol. With all our “superstars” we don’t need it.
Wish someone would tell us who the superstars are so we can be ready when Nick Saban comes to visit us. I only know of one who thinks he is.

Return to “Football”