Week 6: Gallia Academy (2-1) @ Fairland (3-1)

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 6: Gallia Academy (2-1) @ Fairland (3-1)

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Does Gallipolis have injury/Covid issues or disciplinary issues?
I’m hearing the latter.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:29 am Does Gallipolis have injury/Covid issues or disciplinary issues?
I’m hearing the latter.
Not going into any details but I believe they have a little of each...

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Canceled

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

superblue wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:49 am
Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:29 am Does Gallipolis have injury/Covid issues or disciplinary issues?
I’m hearing the latter.
WOW! Yet another team using the covid excuse to cancel a game because they have players out for other reasons? I hope this isn't true.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

MR305 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 amCanceled
For real? Hope fairland finds a game

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Justy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:10 pm
I’m hearing the latter.
WOW! Yet another team using the covid excuse to cancel a game because they have players out for other reasons? I hope this isn't true.
I hate being quoted then somebody turned it into a false narrative to make there point.. Every team this time of the year has injury issues, maybe some also have disciplinary plus covid issues. Gallias main problem this year is low numbers, I am hearing we started out with 25 players or so, say 6 are hurt and can't play, maybe one disciplinary issue and maybe 4 covid cases. Now you are down to 14 players which the majority of them being freshman. No way can you play with that number of players.... I really don't give a rats butt why we cancelled. We just need to cancel the rest of the season and start over next year....

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Agreed. If they can't field a team, no matter the reason, just go ahead and cancel the season and give teams a chance to find a replacement game. Would still be hard to find a game in some cases, but at least teams would know ahead of time.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

superblue wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm

I hate being quoted then somebody turned it into a false narrative to make there point.. Every team this time of the year has injury issues, maybe some also have disciplinary plus covid issues. Gallias main problem this year is low numbers, I am hearing we started out with 25 players or so, say 6 are hurt and can't play, maybe one disciplinary issue and maybe 4 covid cases. Now you are down to 14 players which the majority of them being freshman. No way can you play with that number of players.... I really don't give a rats butt why we cancelled. We just need to cancel the rest of the season and start over next year....
Narrative? You made a post that was conjecture at best, and I asked a question about it. Now you're all butt hurt because a question was posed about your assumption. BTW you only need 11 players on the field at a time and there are teams in the area that have played games with less than 14, so even if your worst case assumption is true you could still play with 14 players.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

I’m hearing the latter.
Sounds like it.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Maybe a better question is why Gallipolis only has 20 or so players. Granted, it is a shrinking school playing in a crap stadium, but still would think they’d have plenty of kids to field a decent sized team.
I’d hate it for the boys to need to cancel the entire season.

Beergogglebluez
SE

I feel awful for the kids. The healthy kids should scream they wanna play no matter the results. Are they even practicing?

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:36 pm I feel awful for the kids. The healthy kids should scream they wanna play no matter the results. Are they even practicing?
Nope

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Just want to let everyone know that my butt is fine....lol... I stand by everything I said.... Like to thank justy for pointing out you only need 11 players to have a game... He made the statement that teams in this area have played games with less than 14 players.. who are these teams?

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

A few years ago, the Notre Dame Titans were struggling with numbers. There were games they took the field with 14,15,16 kids..
If I’m not mistaken there was a stretch when ND went winless for approximately 3 years straight. They never once packed it in. Their pride wouldn’t allow it. I realize that was pre-Covid, however my point is they wouldn’t allow the low numbers to dictate whether to field a team or not. I’ve always respected that.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

I feel even worse for the Fairland kids than I do Gallia. They’re doing the right thing, masking up. Doing everything they can to prevent covid, practicing hard all week to get games taken away from them. 3 games canceled in a season just shows the lack of discipline and selfishness of some of these kids that are spreading covid.

I hope the dragons can find a replacement but with only 2-3 days to get ready for a team it isn’t likely.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 am I feel even worse for the Fairland kids than I do Gallia. They’re doing the right thing, masking up. Doing everything they can to prevent covid, practicing hard all week to get games taken away from them. 3 games canceled in a season just shows the lack of discipline and selfishness of some of these kids that are spreading covid.

I hope the dragons can find a replacement but with only 2-3 days to get ready for a team it isn’t likely.
If I was a kid I’d be begging to play. Who cares if starters are out and we get beat just give the young kids reps. Anything to keep a game alive. I bet gallia seniors that can play are highly peeved off. I would be watching my season slip away.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 am I feel even worse for the Fairland kids than I do Gallia. They’re doing the right thing, masking up. Doing everything they can to prevent covid, practicing hard all week to get games taken away from them. 3 games canceled in a season just shows the lack of discipline and selfishness of some of these kids that are spreading covid.

I also feel sorry for the fairland kids and hope you are able to find a replacement game. Gallia has cancelled 2 games because of covid, our first cancellation wasn't on us... I have no knowledge about how covid has spread on our team and neither do you... Our county health department shut down the program last week and the criteria they used had a huge effect on this weeks game.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

superblue wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:27 pm Just want to let everyone know that my butt is fine....lol... I stand by everything I said.... Like to thank justy for pointing out you only need 11 players to have a game... He made the statement that teams in this area have played games with less than 14 players.. who are these teams?
Fed Hocking for one. They do it every week.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think you have to take into consideration who the teams with low numbers are playing on a regular basis. 11-14 players going against Ironton, Portsmouth, Fairland is a lot different than 11-14 players going against Green, Notre Dame, Fayetteville. Just my opinion.

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

There is also big difference between each health departments. Gallia County just shuts down the whole team if only one player test positive for 14 days. They did the same thing to River Valley week one. This health department tries to quritaine anybody and everybody.

Return to “Football”