2021 Minford 20 - 24 Wheelersburg

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Re: Week Five: Wheelersburg at Minford

Post by FalconFever02 »

Work on Special Teams this week, onside kick recovery(even from normal kicking formations), fake punt awareness(fumblerooski, double snap fake), kick return across the field lateral, address and be ready.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Week Six: Wheelersburg at Minford

Post by VetteMan »

Just can't see the Falcons being able to beat the Pirates this year. Hope both teams have an injury free game.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Burg vs Minford is like Ironton vs Russell. Even in a down year I'm picking burg more times than not. +14.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 am Burg wins the next 2 weeks until Waverly comes to take the SOC II crown at the Ed.
Burg will win out in the regular season. And the next four soc afterwards
Burg will struggle with west and Waverly. Doubt they win out. As for this week, Minford plays several freshman and sophomores. I think they’re a year or two away from
Competing in the league again. Best of luck and hopefully everyone comes out healthy.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

WHAT ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:51 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:38 pm Minford is 6-60 all time vs Wheelersburg. Minford’s wins came in 1964, 1985, 2000 regular season and playoffs, 2003, and 2009.
Crazy that this series been so one-sided. Would’ve thought Minford would have won a few more over the years.

As for this one, we’ll start seeing if the hard schedule has paid off for Burg. I think it will and Burg rolls.*
Well since the early 1970's Wheelersburg has won 90% + of the contests against their collective SOC brethren. I do not see that changing in 2021. The Pirates seem to be following their 2019 script and have to be considered at least co favorites to win the SOC2 as they get Waverly at home.

http://www.fourseasonsfootball.com/oh.html

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Pirates reign supreme in scioto county. I think they take this one 34-7 if they clean up fumbled I think their offense will find a groove

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Def taking the Pirates in this one.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Good luck to both teams. Glad conference play is starting so hopefully not as many cancellations.
Last edited by Burg94 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

iplayfootball
Waterboy

Post by iplayfootball »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 am Burg wins the next 2 weeks until Waverly comes to take the SOC II crown at the Ed.
until PW comes in next week and upsets waverly. Dont be surprised .

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Burg94 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:48 pm Sad state in Falcon land...Pee-wee night kids talked about where they're going to play in HS. (Burg, Valley, Ironton, NW...but no Minfords) No support with field turf project or a care from community about them. Things got to change. Last year's class killed everyone growing up but finished 2-6 and allowing one guy to get almost 800 yrds in final game (look it up, Gullion from Piketon). Get there few minutes before kickoff and still sit at 50 yard line (with no reserved seats). These kids deserve better from coaching and community support. Get a lot of backing at the fair with showing animals but not so much with sports. Not a bad thing with other priorities, but these kids trying deserve better in coaching and support in sports. Madden is a top notch D1 player at Marshall/ND but most people in town dont have a clue. Hope things change...a lot of talent in a few years, if it is not spoiled.
The lethargy by the Minford fan base is a result of this regime. Compete against Wheelersburg some will come back.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg94 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:48 pm Sad state in Falcon land...Pee-wee night kids talked about where they're going to play in HS. (Burg, Valley, Ironton, NW...but no Minfords) No support with field turf project or a care from community about them. Things got to change. Last year's class killed everyone growing up but finished 2-6 and allowing one guy to get almost 800 yrds in final game (look it up, Gullion from Piketon). Get there few minutes before kickoff and still sit at 50 yard line (with no reserved seats). These kids deserve better from coaching and community support. Get a lot of backing at the fair with showing animals but not so much with sports. Not a bad thing with other priorities, but these kids trying deserve better in coaching and support in sports. Madden is a top notch D1 player at Marshall/ND but most people in town dont have a clue. Hope things change...a lot of talent in a few years, if it is not spoiled.
I understand the frustration of Minford fans from last season, but seems like Minford is exceeding expectations so far this season. I know I had them as a 4 win team before the season, at best. Couple more wins and they'll be in the playoffs.

I think a lot of the problem is their fans comparing their program to Burg. Well, with a 6-60 overall record against Burg as noted above, they've never been able to consistently beat Burg, and probably never will on a regular basis. Be happy with winning seasons and playoff appearances...that should be the goals going forward (and both are still attainable this year).*

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Does Minford stream there games? if so where.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

callie15 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:45 pm Does Minford stream there games? if so where.
Minford Falcons Football Field Channel

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

FalconFever02 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 am
The lethargy by the Minford fan base is a result of this regime. Compete against Wheelersburg some will come back.
Those young kids won’t leave, too much Minford bloodline with the dads.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:19 pm
I disagree, the dad's have seen enough.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Here’s Wheelersburg’s all time W-L record vs each SOC2 school:

Minford: 60-6
Northwest: 48-8
Oak Hill: 16-9-1
Portsmouth West: 44-26-2
Valley: 39-5
Waverly: 47-27

Against the rest of the Scioto County Schools:

Sciotoville: 23-12-4
Portsmouth: 25-11
Notre Dame: 20-20-2
New Boston: 17-16-1
Green: 0-0

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

packers80 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:08 pm
SWJeeps22 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:19 pm

I disagree, the dad's have seen enough.
Oh they'll be change.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Who paints Minford's field? :|

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:39 am Pirates reign supreme in scioto county. I think they take this one 34-7 if they clean up fumbled I think their offense will find a groove
The Trojans are the class of scioto co this season.

Return to “Football”