2021 Notre Dame 20 - 26 Northwest

dirt_cinders
JV Team

2021 Notre Dame 20 - 26 Northwest

Post by dirt_cinders »

Thoughts on this game? Starts the SOCI schedule.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Notre Dame VS Northwest

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Northwest is plagued with injuries. I think this game will be close. Northwest has played a harder schedule. I think northwest wins by 7 or less

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

ND by a couple scores

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Notre Dame by a couple scores.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think NW can keep this close but I like ND in this one by 7.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Nd 28 13

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

If Northwest is healthy they will make a run

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

ND by a couple TDS

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Curious to see if Northwest gets anybody back this week or next.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Nd has played a very soft schedule. NW with the win.

Only question is in this, if Ashley isn’t calling the plays, it will be a much closer game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RelaxGoat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:43 pm Nd has played a very soft schedule. NW with the win.

Only question is in this, if Ashley isn’t calling the plays, it will be a much closer game.
Who are they supposed to play, instead?

Beergogglebluez
SE

That guy is never happy. Next year notre dame will schedule coldwater, Marion local, ironton, Cincinnati st Xavier, mentor, Kirtland, they need a out of state game so will schedule IMG academy from Florida and they are coming to Spartan stadium.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

ND’s schedule is consistent with their past schedules. Two years ago they went 0-10, and played Monroeville and Greenup County. Last year they played West. Their league games are what they are. This year they are winning and have some confidence going into SOC1 play.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

RelaxGoat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:43 pm Nd has played a very soft schedule. NW with the win.

So wild to hide behind a message board name and bash a coach that is calling the plays for a team that is 5-0.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:39 am

So wild to hide behind a message board name and bash a coach that is calling the plays for a team that is 5-0.
No doubt. Guy clearly has an axe to grind, but not too many people gonna listen when ND is undefeated. I understand people questioning the scheduling by ND last few years and some other aspects of the program, but you can't argue with 5-0 and what their coaching staff has done this year. ND has some good years coming up and should be a regular playoff team, but even more impressive is that they kept the program afloat when a couple of years ago there were some serious questions about how long they could keep fielding a football team.*

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:00 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:39 am

No doubt. Guy clearly has an axe to grind, but not too many people gonna listen when ND is undefeated. I understand people questioning the scheduling by ND last few years and some other aspects of the program, but you can't argue with 5-0 and what their coaching staff has done this year. ND has some good years coming up and should be a regular playoff team, but even more impressive is that they kept the program afloat when a couple of years ago there were some serious questions about how long they could keep fielding a football team.*
Exactly but by all means bash a coach that has kept the program afloat in some very lean years.Year before they barely had enough to field a team and Last year they were competitive in all their games, they are finally reaping the rewards of patience and coaching.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Why in the world would someone want to be a coach. Your abilities get questioned in bad years. You get questioned in good years. The life of a small school coach (I consider any school that isn't Div 1, 2 or 3 a small school) isn't easy. I have the utmost respect for them. Coaching isn't a full-time job for any of them but is a supplemental position. The financial benefits of coaching at most schools don't outweigh the amount of time the coaches put in. To have both your ability and your integrity questioned is beyond me. I know a lot of coaches personally and I believe they don't deserve personal attacks of this kind. This forum is for the discussion and enjoyment of sports. Personal attacks on players, coaches and officials should never be tolerated.

Beergogglebluez
SE

It sounds to me a disgruntled parent. Maybe they coached little Johnny to be the star and when in high school it didn’t pan out so let’s bash the program and coach. As someone stated don’t hide behind the keyboard go to the school or practice and talk to the coach. Because most of us on here don’t care one bit what you think. We just want to read about the games and talk about matchups. Personal beef doesn’t belong on here. It makes you look like a coward.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Notre Dames schedule is hard to quantify right now. Lewis County I think had some Covid issues leading to numbers issues. I believe they are starting a lot of underclassmen and even have some middle school kids playing backup minutes. Fairfield Christian has 3 losses to teams combined for 14-1 and two wins against teams a combined 1-7. Fisher catholics 3 losses came to teams who are 10-4 and Rosecrans 4 losses come against teams who are 15-3. These teams have played some tough schedules but it's hard to say they wouldn't have lost if they played mediocre teams either

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

We're a notch below Symmes Valley, but I do think we're better than East. Bear in mind that ND scheduling us should be seen as a credit to Ashley &the Titans -- we broke their kids' teeth in 2019. ND had a massive second half to beat us this year. There's worse teams for ND to schedule. Not like they're playing Manchester, Fairview, South Gallia.

Unless ND could've gotten someone like Valley on the schedule, who the hell else is there for them to play in our stead?

Return to “Football”