Looking ahead, WEEK 9, Ironton @ Gallia Academy,The 1st annual Shake Shoppe Bowl, and The Trojans loom week 10.

TigerTalez

Looking ahead, WEEK 9, Ironton @ Gallia Academy,The 1st annual Shake Shoppe Bowl, and The Trojans loom week 10.

Post by TigerTalez »

The conclusion to Irontons regular season. Particularly week 9 & week 10. Ironton visits Gallipolis under the shadow of the shake shoppe controversy between the two communities. Talk online of boycotts or demonstrations before games. Lots of talk of cross branding the latest local controversy with the big conference road game. Some extra chatter added to this one for sure. The shake shoppe bowl comes exactly 1 week prior to what may well be a pretty important week 10 vs Portsmouth at home. Trojans look legit & all of a sudden this old rivalry is interesting again. Now that Carpenter has returned for Ironton it will be fun to see how these three teams develop down the stretch. Can Ironton get caught slippin in weeks 9 or 10? Can GA make a home game vs the Tigers competitive and take advantage of a home atmosphere and apply some pressure in a week Ironton maybe didn't expect? How hostile can the blue devils make this environment? Or does Ironton make an example of GA? I think week 10 is gonna be a fight at home vs the Trojans. I can see it being decided late. Looking forward to weeks 9 & 10. Hoping all 3 teams handle business going into meeting up. Shaping up to be a decent last couple weeks. The 1st annual Shake Shoppe Bowl and THE GAME.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Looking ahead, WEEK 9, Ironton @ Gallia Academy,The 1st annual Shake Shoppe Bowl, and The Trojans loom week 10.

Post by mattash »

I like it

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Looking ahead, WEEK 9, Ironton @ Gallia Academy,The 1st annual Shake Shoppe Bowl, and The Trojans loom week 10.

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m starting to highly doubt week 9 will happen. Gallia just cancelled a 2nd game in a row. The numbers, covid is a mess in gallia. Someone commented they are not even practicing right now so almost 2 weeks of no practice.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah basically at this point trying to look ahead is such a waste of time. We've seen even discussing some games the exact week they're to be played has them getting canceled let alone trying to discuss something weeks out. Seems pointless given the week to week nature every game is played in.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Great idea.... "The first annual Shake Shoppe Bowl". Winner gets a free milkshake at the Shake Shoppe of there choice....lol..

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

What is the deal with all of this Shake Shop business? Someone fill me in!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:27 am I’m starting to highly doubt week 9 will happen. Gallia just cancelled a 2nd game in a row. The numbers, covid is a mess in gallia. Someone commented they are not even practicing right now so almost 2 weeks of no practice.
Pretty sure they have cancelled three weeks in a row and currently arent even practicing from what I read. They started season with 25 and keep losing players.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

I was off, Gallia hasnt played the past three weeks but the first cancel wasnt on them.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

superblue wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 am Great idea.... "The first annual Shake Shoppe Bowl". Winner gets a free milkshake at the Shake Shoppe of there choice....lol..
If one of the owners were smart they'd offer to sponsor this game annualy right now and set up a mobile truck type location annualy. Sell food & merch.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:27 am I’m starting to highly doubt week 9 will happen. Gallia just cancelled a 2nd game in a row. The numbers, covid is a mess in gallia. Someone commented they are not even practicing right now so almost 2 weeks of no practice.
I read. Unfortunate. Hopefully things get back on track. Personal responsibility has to be a thing. It's frustrating watching kids suffer missing out portions of their lives because adults cannot push aside their ego or their politics to accept things like science and basic onsideration for others. When things like empathy and compassion and accountability feel like an imposition it's hard to comprehend how it all finally plays out.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

TigerTalez wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:35 pm
superblue wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 am Great idea.... "The first annual Shake Shoppe Bowl". Winner gets a free milkshake at the Shake Shoppe of there choice....lol..
If one of the owners were smart they'd offer to sponsor this game annualy right now and set up a mobile truck type location annualy. Sell food & merch.
Sounds like a great idea... I will have a stuffed shirt and shake....lol

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

superblue wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:45 pm
TigerTalez wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:35 pm
Sounds like a great idea... I will have a stuffed shirt and shake....lol
I think it'd go over. Sell food and some shake shoppe bowl merch w the tiger/blue devil logo etc etc. They shoulda jumped on that the day the suit was filed. Lol

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

The Ironton Shake Shoppe could serve blue shakes and mushy devil dogs that week, it would be a noon 'eat their lunch' special

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

kantucky wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:47 am The Ironton Shake Shoppe could serve blue shakes and mushy devil dogs that week, it would be a noon 'eat their lunch' special
Great idea!!!

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Moving ahead then, I think it's safe to say the anticipation for Ironton vs Portsmouth builds weekly. I'd be a liar if I didn't say that for no other particiular reason besides nostalgia, I am rooting on the Trojans to win out vs Fairland and for week 10 to be a 9 - 1 Ironton vs a 9 - 1 Portsmouth with the conference and some playoff perks on the line. I'm also favoring Portsmouth in that matchup. Portsmouth defense is everybit as good as Fairlands if not better, & they are more talented offensively. The Trojans speed is gonna bother Fairland. However I also believe Fairland is the better coached team. That said, I think the Trojans experience at QB is the deciding factor. Better game management. I got the Trojans. I think there is a very good chance the Tigers and Trojans meet up in week 10 as a pair of once beaten teams. Another classic installment of a great rivalry. Everyone familiar has a memory that stands out about an Ironton Portsmouth game. Looking forward to watching this play out.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Week 10.
Tanks
Portsmouth 9 - 1 vs Ironton 9 - 1
Those two quarterbacks?
Portsmouth speed.
Irontons defense.
All the ingredients of another classic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’s a WSAZ story? So what’s the deal….I know if the Shake Shoppe in Gallipolis and Spring Valley near Holzer Hospital….is one in Ironton the very same or a similar place with same name? Gallia County ones suing for copyright infringements. Jackson has one until about 20 years ago.

Their vanilla shakes are unbeatable.

TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:51 pm It’s a WSAZ story? So what’s the deal….I know if the Shake Shoppe in Gallipolis and Spring Valley near Holzer Hospital….is one in Ironton the very same or a similar place with same name? Gallia County ones suing for copyright infringements. Jackson has one until about 20 years ago.

Their vanilla shakes are unbeatable.
And it begins..
Attachments
FB_IMG_1632426777346.jpg
FB_IMG_1632426814002.jpg

Return to “Football”