Wish List: Vinton County Vs Logan

Dundas
SEOPS

Wish List: Vinton County Vs Logan

Post by Dundas »

Could we please at least get this on for a jamboree game? Close game, big gates, great atmospheres. Lots of money to be made off of this one. Just look at what basketball has been like in the past. At least with VC, our biggest gates have been from Logan.

NY BUCK
All State

Re: Wish List: Vinton County Vs Logan

Post by NY BUCK »

Would be a good matchup.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Why don’t they play?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

They should play

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

VC would stomp Trimble/ Logan/ Nelsonville / meigs this year. The list is long. 8-)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The reason was simple for decades - it was a horrible mismatch. Logan stomped the dog chit out of McArthur. These schools played some junior high games with huge blowouts. The history has been one of terrible VC football teams and Logan, even in a bad year , being much better.

This year is an exaggeration both ways - Logan is really bad and VC appears to be decent ( to be kind). Given the scheduling problems for Logan without a league, this one is as simple as picking up the phone and calling the AD, if you got the gonads.

Have gun, will travel
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

I personally tried to get a JV game with Jackson/VC in 2019. Hall sr. Said yeah bring them here you can play our freshmen. I just kinda smirked. It does no good shying away from competition when you have a good team. Plus I knew his offense better than him but never know. VC has had some teams in the past that would stomp Logan too. Go Vikes!

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

If Logan and VC played the last 50 years, I'd be willing to bet Logan would have the series lead 40-10.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:22 am The reason was simple for decades - it was a horrible mismatch. Logan stomped the dog chit out of McArthur. These schools played some junior high games with huge blowouts. The history has been one of terrible VC football teams and Logan, even in a bad year , being much better.

This year is an exaggeration both ways - Logan is really bad and VC appears to be decent ( to be kind). Given the scheduling problems for Logan without a league, this one is as simple as picking up the phone and calling the AD, if you got the gonads.
Logans not that bad. i think they go on a run

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

512Buckeye wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:43 pm If Logan and VC played the last 50 years, I'd be willing to bet Logan would have the series lead 40-10.
You are probably right. Which is why I’d like to see it as the jamboree game for both schools. Get the payout without really hurting either team. Although, during the late 80’s through the late 90’s, this would’ve been a pretty good matchup. I believe VC is getting back to that level. Nonetheless, it’s d like to see this become a jamboree game for a few years. Get the cash from both schools and then if it’s competitive, move it to a regular season matchup.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:10 pm
512Buckeye wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:43 pm If Logan and VC played the last 50 years, I'd be willing to bet Logan would have the series lead 40-10.
You are probably right. Which is why I’d like to see it as the jamboree game for both schools. Get the payout without really hurting either team. Although, during the late 80’s through the late 90’s, this would’ve been a pretty good matchup. I believe VC is getting back to that level. Nonetheless, it’s d like to see this become a jamboree game for a few years. Get the cash from both schools and then if it’s competitive, move it to a regular season matchup.
I remember in the 90s VC was no joke

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Right now I would give the edge to VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I would not give VC the edge. As bad as Logan is, they are still a step above most of SEO and play a schedule that would murder most of SEO. Being a bad program is valid until you play the competition they play and then you get exposed. That why I predicted 4 Logan wins with most coming from other SEO teams they play plus St. Chucks. Playing Zanesville , Sheridan, TV, FF, etc would be an azz kicker for most of SEO. VC included.

Have gun, will travel
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm I would not give VC the edge. As bad as Logan is, they are still a step above most of SEO and play a schedule that would murder most of SEO. Being a bad program is valid until you play the competition they play and then you get exposed. That why I predicted 4 Logan wins with most coming from other SEO teams they play plus St. Chucks. Playing Zanesville , Sheridan, TV, FF, etc would be an azz kicker for most of SEO. VC included.
Logan beat athens by 10. If they have the advantage over VC, that means VC is really bad

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:00 pm Logan beat athens by 10. If they have the advantage over VC, that means VC is really bad
VC beat us by a running clock. VC would do the same to Logan

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:30 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:00 pm Logan beat athens by 10. If they have the advantage over VC, that means VC is really bad
VC beat us by a running clock. VC would do the same to Logan
Agreed. Just trying to figure out their logic

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

VC plays svc and tvc teams. come on

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm I would not give VC the edge. As bad as Logan is, they are still a step above most of SEO and play a schedule that would murder most of SEO. Being a bad program is valid until you play the competition they play and then you get exposed. That why I predicted 4 Logan wins with most coming from other SEO teams they play plus St. Chucks. Playing Zanesville , Sheridan, TV, FF, etc would be an azz kicker for most of SEO. VC included.
One thing to think about, would the teams Logan plays do better or worse against SEO teams. A stronger schedule doesn't mean SEO teams would do worse than Logan does/did. Other than Chillicothe and Athens the teams Logan has played would do far better than Logan did. Giving VC the edge might bite me in the butt, because it just might be a running clock. At this time Logan cannot play knock down drag out football.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Drippy96
Waterboy

Post by Drippy96 »

Does anyone know when they have played each other in the past?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Drippy96 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:09 am Does anyone know when they have played each other in the past?
1967 and 1968.

Return to “Football”