JV Team

Re: WK7 Portsmouth - Chesapeake

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Running clock to start the 3rd

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Trojans should have the opportunity to rest some of their starters especially in the second half with a couple very tough games yet to be played.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Starters for the Trojans shouldnt touch the field in the 2nd half. A lot riding on that Fairland game, let the kids rest. Knowing Portsmouth though the starters probably wont leave the field till 4th qtr.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans by 28. Running clock to start the 3rd and play all reserves to rest starters for fairland. No need to risk injuries

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Chesapeake is just flat out bad this year, Trojans with a running clock early in this one.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Phs 49 13

fanofsports740
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports740 »

I’ll say phs 56-0

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Good game for the Trojans to hopefully rest some starters and get the backups some valuable playing time. Chesapeake is bad, real bad. Shouldn’t be much of a game. Come out, pour on the points early, and get ready to go to Fairland week 8 Trojans!

Who Dey!
TigerTalez

Post by TigerTalez »

Trojans get rest for the 1's, and reps for everybody else. Get ready for Fairland. The prize is a week 10 classic!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No chatter on this game. Trojans hopefully take starters out if a lead is reached and not risk a fluke injury.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Chesapeake is struggling more than anyone we have played so far. I remember in the late 90's early 2000s they were one of the better teams in the OVC and were in the playoffs more often than not. Hopefully they get things headed back in that direction soon but I don't think this is their year.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

We are down this year. Have several seniors but playing a lot of sophs. and freshmen. Lost several to transfers, a couple are now starting at Fairland.
I know of two kids not playing football that transferred and this is their third school in 3 years.
Blame could be blamed on the kids, parents or the big R word. I dont know but it has hurt the Peake this year.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

peake71 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:59 pm We are down this year. Have several seniors but playing a lot of sophs. and freshmen. Lost several to transfers, a couple are now starting at Fairland.
I know of two kids not playing football that transferred and this is their third school in 3 years.
Blame could be blamed on the kids, parents or the big R word. I dont know but it has hurt the Peake this year.

Unfortunately thats today's world and it sucks I hate seeing kids jumping but that's just my opinion hope things start looking up for peake ,its like a circle so hopefully it comes back around

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Good win for the Trojans heading into the Fairland game. Congratulations to the young Lady Trojan kicker who knocked through the last XP, and then kicked off. She was well received on the sideline after the kick with a lot of congratulations coming her way, and deservedly so. The crowd also enthusiastically acknowledged her accomplishment. GO TROJANS!!!

Tough season for Chesapeake, but I think things will turn around in the near future. They have been a competitive program for a long time, but this year is an aberration. Tough times won't last for the Panthers.

Return to “Football”