Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Jason Vorhees
S

Re: WK7 Trimble - Eastern Meigs

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Trimble is 31-4 all time vs Eastern with 12 shutouts and has held them to less than 10 points 24 times in that span.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Eastern Meigs will probably feel the wrath from Trimble after their game against Fort Frye this past week-end.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Yes The Fort literally just beat the brakes off Thimble. I've heard some say they ran it up to purposely hang a running clock on them. That's usually what Thimble does to other teams whenever they can so that had to feel like a kick in the nutsack. Plus Eastern beat them everywhere but on the scoreboard last year. I'd say they may score 80 if they can and will do everything they can to get a shutout. But the Eagles will play with heart and do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Early prediction:

Thimble 40

Eastern 12

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Eastern sent scouts to the game and the film had verified what they saw. Let me just say we have found thimble townships weakness and we will be ready. Revenge is ours.

Nut Kick 2.0

Eastern 26
little cats 7

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Lucky Charms wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 am Eastern sent scouts to the game and the film had verified what they saw. Let me just say we have found thimble townships weakness and we will be ready. Revenge is ours.

Nut Kick 2.0

Eastern 26
little cats 7
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

eagle25 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:14 am Yes The Fort literally just beat the brakes off Thimble. I've heard some say they ran it up to purposely hang a running clock on them. That's usually what Thimble does to other teams whenever they can so that had to feel like a kick in the nutsack. Plus Eastern beat them everywhere but on the scoreboard last year. I'd say they may score 80 if they can and will do everything they can to get a shutout. But the Eagles will play with heart and do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Early prediction:

Thimble 40

Eastern 12
I don’t want to turn this thread into a Fort Frye Trimble thread, that happens enough. But Fort didn’t run the score up on Trimble. They only score twice in the second half and both just came off huge plays, and one of them was a running play that broke off for 60 yards.

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

Hopefully the cats will be able to bounce back and pull out a win.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Lucky Charms wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 am Eastern sent scouts to the game and the film had verified what they saw. Let me just say we have found thimble townships weakness and we will be ready. Revenge is ours.

Nut Kick 2.0

Eastern 26
little cats 7
Iggle fans poking this bear every year is one of the best parts of football.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:33 am
eagle25 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:14 am Yes The Fort literally just beat the brakes off Thimble. I've heard some say they ran it up to purposely hang a running clock on them. That's usually what Thimble does to other teams whenever they can so that had to feel like a kick in the nutsack. Plus Eastern beat them everywhere but on the scoreboard last year. I'd say they may score 80 if they can and will do everything they can to get a shutout. But the Eagles will play with heart and do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Early prediction:

Thimble 40

Eastern 12
I don’t want to turn this thread into a Fort Frye Trimble thread, that happens enough. But Fort didn’t run the score up on Trimble. They only score twice in the second half and both just came off huge plays, and one of them was a running play that broke off for 60 yards.
Bingo

Lebron236
Waterboy

Post by Lebron236 »

Trimble 56
Eastern 0

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

efarns wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Nut Kick 2.0

Eastern 26
little cats 7
Iggle fans poking this bear every year is one of the best parts of football.
First let me say I'm a lifelong Eastern fan and Better Dead than Red Trimble hater LOL. I know how those 'rutters' like to call everyone who disagrees with them trolls on here (how dare anyone not support the mow hawks LOL), so go ahead but I'm just posting what I know about this game and the history of the two teams. But it doesn't matter if we "poke the bear" or not they are going to score as many as they can and will probably be passing the ball late and they'll leave their starters in to preserve a shutout if possible. That back fired on them back in 2013 when they had a DB in late to help try to get a shutout and he suffered a concussion when the RB trucked him on his way to the end zone. Then they lost him again later in the season doing the same thing and he had to sit out a playoff game or two. Never want to see a kid get injured and especially not a head injury and those could have been avoided, but some coach wanted to break some record so there you go. As for this game Eastern missed their chance last year to get a win against them this decade and this one will be ugly early and often. Prolly have a record or two broken. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

I agree with thirtyonetrap, score will be bad and starters will be in the game until late. Trimble going to get well on the Eagles, but it could have been anyone from the Hocking that takes this beating, after a Trimble loss, or two. Hoping no players get injured on either team.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I'm not saying you're wrong or that you shouldn't. I love that you do.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Definitely right about leaving starters in probably the whole game, but I don’t know if it’s really “to break records.” After these two weeks, we seen and know the things we need to work on and the rest of the season will be the time to do it. They’ve faced adversity to better them for post season play, now it’s time to get back to the drawing board to fix some things we took away from these two losses. Hopefully see schedules like the for the Cats in the years to come. In my opinion, a schedule like they had this year is beneficial to them in the long run. Time will tell.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

Playing Fort Frye right now was stupid. It’s on the past, wish them luck. The Cats will use the next 4 weeks as practice to prepare for week 1. We all know how this will end up. The winner of Trimble/Nerk Cheater Catholic will win the region. Nothing has changed for Trimble, all goals are in tact and all we have to do is work our butts off for the next 5 weeks. The playoffs are going to be fun. This is still the same team that went into the 4th quarter 21-19 last year with cheater Catholic. We will get better starting this week with a big win over Eastern and everything from there will be fine!

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Thatdad wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:48 am Playing Fort Frye right now was stupid. It’s on the past, wish them luck. The Cats will use the next 4 weeks as practice to prepare for week 1. We all know how this will end up. The winner of Trimble/Nerk Cheater Catholic will win the region. Nothing has changed for Trimble, all goals are in tact and all we have to do is work our butts off for the next 5 weeks. The playoffs are going to be fun. This is still the same team that went into the 4th quarter 21-19 last year with cheater Catholic. We will get better starting this week with a big win over Eastern and everything from there will be fine!
Sadly, we have to look out for more than NC. Shadyside seems to always be a good program. The sleepers to watch out for that their record don’t reflect the program is Danville and River. If we end up playing either of those teams (Shadyside, Danville or River) our work will be cut out for us. Thankfully we have the schedule this year to prepare us for a dog fight.
NC is just on another level. Watched them play NY and they have a running back that is a beast, and from what I heard, his sport is hockey and this is his first year playing football. Their QB, Cole Canter is a big body kid and can throw the ball pretty well. If we see a rematch, it’ll be interesting. Hopefully we can stay healthy the rest of the season.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

There’s one team in this region that has really flown beneath the radar and that’s East Knox. It would not surprise me to see them win a game or two in the playoffs.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:55 am There’s one team in this region that has really flown beneath the radar and that’s East Knox. It would not surprise me to see them win a game or two in the playoffs.
They will be tested this week against Northmor. That game should be a good one.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Glousterite wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am
Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:55 am There’s one team in this region that has really flown beneath the radar and that’s East Knox. It would not surprise me to see them win a game or two in the playoffs.
They will be tested this week against Northmor. That game should be a good one.
Northmor is good, very loaded.

Return to “Football”