Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
petesweaty
All Conference

Re: WK7 Unioto - Zane Trace

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace is too physical for Unioto. ZT wins by 20.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Never know what to expect when Zane Trace & Unioto play. Unioto has some athletes and I believe will try to attack Zt through the air. Zt is a much bigger physical team and will attack Unioto on the ground. Unioto hangs for a half with Zt pulling away. Zt by 2 touchdowns.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Zane Trace just to much up front, should be able to take this one by 3 scores

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Zt by 25

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Zane Trace in this one. I think close at the half but ZT pulls away in the second half by physically wearing the U down.
The U just not there yet....

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Unioto had quite a bit of success the past few years, especially with Little at QB. Is it just one of those years, are the numbers down with the Sherman's this year? Zane Trace can still end up with a very good record this year. Lets hope that it is a very good ballgame, and that both teams have an injury free game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:14 pm Unioto had quite a bit of success the past few years, especially with Little at QB. Is it just one of those years, are the numbers down with the Sherman's this year? Zane Trace can still end up with a very good record this year. Lets hope that it is a very good ballgame, and that both teams have an injury free game.
Good numbers, but only 5 seniors (and I believe one of those is out for the year)

They’ll return 18 starters next year, so they should be a good bit better. They are getting some very good contributions from underclassmen on both sides of the ball, but haven’t been able to put a full game together. A lot of that can go towards youth and inexperience, but 6 games in now, that should be alleviated a bit by now.

I said after the Vinton County game that Unioto would be pretty good by the second half of the year and as of now, they are 1-0 in that time. But, if they don’t clean up some mistakes and don’t wrap up (which was better last week), then Friday could be another long night for the Sherman faithful.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 am
VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:14 pm Unioto had quite a bit of success the past few years, especially with Little at QB. Is it just one of those years, are the numbers down with the Sherman's this year? Zane Trace can still end up with a very good record this year. Lets hope that it is a very good ballgame, and that both teams have an injury free game.
Good numbers, but only 5 seniors (and I believe one of those is out for the year)

They’ll return 18 starters next year, so they should be a good bit better. They are getting some very good contributions from underclassmen on both sides of the ball, but haven’t been able to put a full game together. A lot of that can go towards youth and inexperience, but 6 games in now, that should be alleviated a bit by now.

I said after the Vinton County game that Unioto would be pretty good by the second half of the year and as of now, they are 1-0 in that time. But, if they don’t clean up some mistakes and don’t wrap up (which was better last week), then Friday could be another long night for the Sherman faithful.
Next year in the SVC will be very interesting.
Not sure there will be a clear frontrunner.
But for the U, taking your lumps and bruises this year should pay off next year....

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 am

Thanks, you might be right, they very well may just be a year away.

Buckeye_Football
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_Football »

ZT wins 42-17

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Unioto starting some new dudes on defense who are better and more physical than the previous starters so I do think they’ll get some stops. It’ll be closer than people think but ZT will hold the U’s offense so ZT by 10-14

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

44-14 Zane Trace

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:18 pm Unioto starting some new dudes on defense who are better and more physical than the previous starters so I do think they’ll get some stops. It’ll be closer than people think but ZT will hold the U’s offense so ZT by 10-14
Why haven't they been starting?

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:43 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:18 pm Unioto starting some new dudes on defense who are better and more physical than the previous starters so I do think they’ll get some stops. It’ll be closer than people think but ZT will hold the U’s offense so ZT by 10-14
Why haven't they been starting?
Missing in the summer for other sports and formation stuff

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I didn’t see anyone new playing at practice not sure who you are talking about

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Sloppy game! Hoops may want to stick to coaching basketball! Heck of basketball coach but not so much football!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bucknuts09 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:53 pm Sloppy game! Hoops may want to stick to coaching basketball! Heck of basketball coach but not so much football!
Was actually told this very thing by an official couple weeks back, heck of a guy and great basketball coach but simply doesn't have the football knowledge.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:16 pm
bucknuts09 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:53 pm Sloppy game! Hoops may want to stick to coaching basketball! Heck of basketball coach but not so much football!
Was actually told this very thing by an official couple weeks back, heck of a guy and great basketball coach but simply doesn't have the football knowledge.
If I was Unioto I would be patient. I think they will be much better the next couple years. If not after that then look at the program moving forward. Wouldn't pull the plug to early.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:16 pm
If I was Unioto I would be patient. I think they will be much better the next couple years. If not after that then look at the program moving forward. Wouldn't pull the plug to early.
No ones calling for the guys job he's got a young team, but the question will remain can he take a mediocre team and make them good or is he simply a coach that has to have the right group there and just not mess it up.

Return to “Football”