JV Team

Region 19

Post by TigerMania »

Predictions?

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Region 19

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I think Harvest Prep and Ridgewood are the top 2 right now. A few teams not far behind in Ironton , Piketon, Portsmouth and Amanda Clearcreek.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No knock on Piketon but they seem pretty high for the schedule they have played. Hopefully tingle is back for ridgewood they have a couple tough games coming up. Harvest prep will be top 3 I think. Ironton will be high. Portsmouth needs to beat either fairland or ironton hopefully both but 1 if they want a home game. Burg will be top 8 even with a possible loss to waverly. West might sneak in top 8. Piketon,ridgewood,ironton, harvest prep are locks for home games I think. Next 4 could go many directions

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

What’s wrong with Tingle for Ridgewood?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

TigerMania wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:41 pm What’s wrong with Tingle for Ridgewood?
Separated shoulder is what someone posted a week or so ago

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I think Ironton is the best team. They have played the entire season hampered and everyone just loaded up to stop the run cause they were playing with a backup QB. Now that Carpenter is back, I think they will be very difficult to defend. Other than Moeller no one has been able to really move the ball or score on them. The most any one team has scored on them this season is 10 points other than Mighty Moe. Fairland scored one a run back on a kickoff and a broken play. Jackson scored on a muffed punt and a long drive that resulted in a field goal. Ironton is going to hit their stride come play off time and make a deep run again.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Not sold on Piketons defense. They will struggle against physical teams like Ironton and Ridgewood. If Tingle can come back anywhere close to 100 percent then I think this region is Ironton, Prep, Ridgewood with Portsmouth close behind then everybody else.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

CFB1 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:06 pm Not sold on Piketons defense. They will struggle against physical teams like Ironton and Ridgewood. If Tingle can come back anywhere close to 100 percent then I think this region is Ironton, Prep, Ridgewood with Portsmouth close behind then everybody else.
This ☝ although for me the order of those top 3 is a toss up if Ridgewood has a healthy Tingle.. then Portsmouth. After that its a toss up between Piketon, Burg, West, Clearcreek, and possibly Minford.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Ironton is much scarier with a healthy quarterback and is capable of winning the region. I don't know if their secondary has been tested against a really good qb in a throw first offense this year though.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 am Ironton is much scarier with a healthy quarterback and is capable of winning the region. I don't know if their secondary has been tested against a really good qb in a throw first offense this year though.
Did you watch the Moeller game. Moeller has 3 FBS offer pass catchers. #3 Brandon White who is the fastest kid in the state of Ohio running a 10.2 100 meter dash, #10 Bryant kid who is nasty in space. #84 the TE. He’s committed to Kentucky and he’s a 4 star and one of the best TE prospects in the country. Moeller throws it usually at least 30-40 times a game. Ironton also held them to their 2nd lowest point total of the season only behind St. X. I think they will be battle tested. Also Moeller just beat Lasalle this weekend by the same margin as they did Ironton. Lasalle was ranked #1 in D2 coming into the game.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:46 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 am Ironton is much scarier with a healthy quarterback and is capable of winning the region. I don't know if their secondary has been tested against a really good qb in a throw first offense this year though.
Did you watch the Moeller game. Moeller has 3 FBS offer pass catchers. #3 Brandon White who is the fastest kid in the state of Ohio running a 10.2 100 meter dash, #10 Bryant kid who is nasty in space. #84 the TE. He’s committed to Kentucky and he’s a 4 star and one of the best TE prospects in the country. Moeller throws it usually at least 30-40 times a game. Ironton also held them to their 2nd lowest point total of the season only behind St. X. I think they will be battle tested. Also Moeller just beat Lasalle this weekend by the same margin as they did Ironton. Lasalle was ranked #1 in D2 coming into the game.
Can't argue with all that but what Moeller doesn't have is #2 under center. That's a problem for anyone playing him.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Raycharles wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:06 am
Can't argue with all that but what Moeller doesn't have is #2 under center. That's a problem for anyone playing him.
I agree. He’s a great player. What DaWood can’t account for is all those DLineman returning for Ironton. I know Ridgewood lost majority of their front on both sides. A couple was the best players they’ve ever had at the position. Ironton is just as good on D as they have been in years past and they are huge. The games are won in the trenches. Ironton has 4 guys 6’2 and taller and 300 + that play D tackle and has started for 3 years. 1 Defensive end is 6’3 245 and committed to a Miami of Ohio. The other is 6’0 220 lbs and very quick and strongest kid on team. Both LBs are 6’1-6’2 220 and very aggressive and both OLB are 6’0 190-200lbs. One corner is a returning starter and been the best player on team so far. The other is 6’3 190. The safeties is the backup QB and maybe best all round athlete on team. The Fighting Tigers will be hitting their stride come playoff time.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:22 am
Raycharles wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:06 am

I agree. He’s a great player. What DaWood can’t account for is all those DLineman returning for Ironton. I know Ridgewood lost majority of their front on both sides. A couple was the best players they’ve ever had at the position. Ironton is just as good on D as they have been in years past and they are huge. The games are won in the trenches. Ironton has 4 guys 6’2 and taller and 300 + that play D tackle and has started for 3 years. 1 Defensive end is 6’3 245 and committed to a Miami of Ohio. The other is 6’0 220 lbs and very quick and strongest kid on team. Both LBs are 6’1-6’2 220 and very aggressive and both OLB are 6’0 190-200lbs. One corner is a returning starter and been the best player on team so far. The other is 6’3 190. The safeties is the backup QB and maybe best all round athlete on team. The Fighting Tigers will be hitting their stride come playoff time.
100 percent. I would like to see it one last time I really hope that they get to play each other in regional finals to go to State. I think it has the potential to be the best game out of the 3. We shall see though. Someone is going to have to get through Prep first that's scary enough. And as average as Wheelersburg has been this year they could potentionally be a very crappy second round draw. It's gonna be an interesting post season.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I think it’s Ironton Ridgewood Harvest Prep Portsmouth Piketon Burg those who I think the best in the region are

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Ironton is the best until proven otherwise; I do like Roe and Portsmouth and believe they can make some noise. Ridgewood and Prep will have to be reckoned with also.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

In another thread, someone posted that an OHSAA official told them that OHSAA was going to change back to home field games all the way through regional finals, like last year. That could make things interesting.
Has anyone done projected points yet?
I know its almost impossible with cancellations and finding new games, just curious.
Long way to go before playoffs

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

hegotgame wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 am In another thread, someone posted that an OHSAA official told them that OHSAA was going to change back to home field games all the way through regional finals, like last year. That could make things interesting.
Has anyone done projected points yet?
I know its almost impossible with cancellations and finding new games, just curious.
Long way to go before playoffs
They corrected themselves. Top seeds get home games for first two rounds, then neutral after that.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think the region goes as follows:

1.) Piketon- they will win out. Their final 5 opponents have 4 wins between them so they might drop from #1 seed but should be a shoe in for the top 3 spots
2/3) Ironton/Portsmouth- the winner of that matchup finishes 2nd in the region.
4.) Ridgewood- I have them dropping one game over their final 5 remaining. If they run the table, they would over take Ironton/Portssmouth and push them down to 3rd and 4th position.

5.) Harvest Prep- if they win out with one loss they will not be pickup up much from their final 5 opponents as only one of them is currently above .500
6.) Amanda Clearcreek
7.) Zane Trace- they have a legitimate shot of winning out and finishing 8-2
8.) Columbus Academy/Portsmouth West/Burg- all current 3 loss teams. If Burg can find a way to win out and beat West and Waverly, they should move up past the 8 spot. If they dont, they are probably on the outside looking in. Columbus Academy has one tough remaining game vs Whitehall- Yearling (D2) and the rest of the schedule shouldnt be a problem.

Other potential teams-
Minford- after losing a heartbreaker to Burg, they would essentially need to win 4 out of their final 5 games, which is a possibility but need to beat West Friday night to stay in the race.

Zane Trace- No remaining teams on their schedule above .500. They will probably win out and miss the playoffs with an 8-2 record because they will get no 2nd level points help.

West Muskingham- same issue as ZT. They will finish with a solid record but may not end up with a win against a team with a winning record for the year.

Although I do not see the teams in this region being quite as strong as they have been in the past there is a lot of parity among the region. Only the top 4 seeds look like they are shoe in to fill one of those spots and host the first round.

5-8 can really get shuffled around depending on what happens with Minford vs West, West vs Burg and Burg vs Waverly. So I doubt there are many Burg fans right now outside of their own fan base lol.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 pm I think the region goes as follows:

1.) Piketon- they will win out. Their final 5 opponents have 4 wins between them so they might drop from #1 seed but should be a shoe in for the top 3 spots
4.) Ridgewood- I have them dropping one game over their final 5 remaining. If they run the table, they would over take Ironton/Portssmouth and push them down to 3rd and 4th position.

5.) Harvest Prep- if they win out with one loss they will not be pickup up much from their final 5 opponents as only one of them is currently above .500
6.) Amanda Clearcreek
8.) Columbus Academy/Portsmouth West/Burg- all current 3 loss teams. If Burg can find a way to win out and beat West and Waverly, they should move up past the 8 spot. If they dont, they are probably on the outside looking in. Columbus Academy has one tough remaining game vs Whitehall- Yearling (D2) and the rest of the schedule shouldnt be a problem.

Other potential teams-
Minford- after losing a heartbreaker to Burg, they would essentially need to win 4 out of their final 5 games, which is a possibility but need to beat West Friday night to stay in the race.

Zane Trace- No remaining teams on their schedule above .500. They will probably win out and miss the playoffs with an 8-2 record because they will get no 2nd level points help.

West Muskingham- same issue as ZT. They will finish with a solid record but may not end up with a win against a team with a winning record for the year.

Although I do not see the teams in this region being quite as strong as they have been in the past there is a lot of parity among the region. Only the top 4 seeds look like they are shoe in to fill one of those spots and host the first round.

5-8 can really get shuffled around depending on what happens with Minford vs West, West vs Burg and Burg vs Waverly. So I doubt there are many Burg fans right now outside of their own fan base lol.
Who do you see winning the region?

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 pm I think the region goes as follows:

6.) Amanda Clearcreek

Other potential teams-

hmmm where or why do you think Ridgewood is dropping one game in their last remaining 5 games?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED

Return to “Football”