Region 19

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Region 19

Post by XandOs »

I fully healthy Waverly team didn’t have a first down on Ironton in the scrimmage other than the broken play on first play of scrimmage. The Fighting Tigers are starting to hit their stride on Offense which makes them deadly.

It’s hard to beat a program with Irontons history of success and these players have went to back to back state title games.

Especially at Tanks Memorial Stadium.

Just my opinion. Might not be worth much.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:17 pm I fully healthy Waverly team didn’t have a first down on Ironton in the scrimmage other than the broken play on first play of scrimmage. The Fighting Tigers are starting to hit their stride on Offense which makes them deadly.

It’s hard to beat a program with Irontons history of success and these players have went to back to back state title games.

Especially at Tanks Memorial Stadium.

Just my opinion. Might not be worth much.

Waverly beat portsmouth 42 to 20 in a scrimmage game.

I still like portsmouth chances .....which is like your my opinion....

I'm guessing either team us going to have to score 21 or more so should be fun

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

The Ironton D is a beast
The Ironton offense is much improved with their QB1 back yes they have played 2 lesser teams since his return but he has been pin point on his passes since returning,
They are a threat in passing and running and a threat in the region with that line and ability to control the ball and clock they will be a force come playoffs,
Can Portsmouth beat them yes will they who knows but Ironton has been playing it safe without their QB1 and yes it nearly got them beat in 2 games.
This is a scary Ironton team that seems to be playing it's best Football and improving doing so'

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Prediction after 6 weeks for playoff match-ups:

1. Ironton
2. Ridgewood
3. Piketon
4. Prep
5. Portsmouth
6. Academy
7. Wheelersburg
8. Ready
9. West
10.Zane Trace
11.Clearcreek
12. Coshocton
13. West Muskingum
14. Liberty Union
15. Meigs
16. Northwest

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

So is Tingle for Ridgewood out for the season or is he coming back to play? Without him they are an average team.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:09 pm I have to believe Ironton is a 2 touchdown favorite with Carpenter back. They're a more battle tested team and we are coming off a 2-7 year.

So you will give me Portsmouth and 14.?

I look for a high scoring game ,and I honestly think Portsmouth is very capable of beating Ironton yes ive seen Ironton two times and yes carpenter is back and thats fine I I take Portsmouth hanging on for a win in the late minutes
I'm trying do my Lou Holtz impression here. From what I've seen it could go either way , I think a lower scoring game favors Ironton and a higher scoring game favors Portsmouth. The game I'd really like to see in the postseason is Portsmouth and Piketon. I think that would be an epic qb duel.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 am So is Tingle for Ridgewood out for the season or is he coming back to play? Without him they are an average team.
I disagree I think they're a good team, defense is very stout again this year offense tends to be clicking more and more without him, I have heard he is just a matter of when. No ones really heard when he is, then I've heard he isn't at all but then again that's just the rumor mill. If they get him back I think he makes them an elite team and gives them a little swagger and high power on offense that they don't have when he's not with them.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Raycharles wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:24 am
TigerMania wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 am So is Tingle for Ridgewood out for the season or is he coming back to play? Without him they are an average team.
I disagree I think they're a good team, defense is very stout again this year offense tends to be clicking more and more without him, I have heard he is just a matter of when. No ones really heard when he is, then I've heard he isn't at all but then again that's just the rumor mill. If they get him back I think he makes them an elite team and gives them a little swagger and high power on offense that they don't have when he's not with them.
What grade is Tingle in this year?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Big_Spicy_MeatBall wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:19 pm Ironton ( w Carrico) barely got by Wood last year without Tingle.
I would favor Wood right now. Both very good defensive teams but Wood is better offensively.
Ridgewood lost most of OL and DL…. Ridgewood couldn’t really move the ball on Ironton last year. Ridgewood was very smart on scheme against Ironton as they used those big guys and kept the ball away from Ironton and ate up clock. They struggled to sustain drives and 2nd half was all Ironton.

Ridgewood also lost their best RB off last years team.

Two of Ridgewoods OL/DL are at OSU with Carrico I believe.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

The Prater twins. Bryce and Zach are at OSU.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Tingle is a senior unless he absolutely can’t play he will play. Ridgewood has lost 2 straight years in the regional final. He will want a chance to end that. I hope he does because he’s absolutely fun to watch. Him and ridgewood put it on Portsmouth a few years ago but ridgewood field has the most amazing grass. It looks like turf.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:50 pm Tingle is a senior unless he absolutely can’t play he will play. Ridgewood has lost 2 straight years in the regional final. He will want a chance to end that. I hope he does because he’s absolutely fun to watch. Him and ridgewood put it on Portsmouth a few years ago but ridgewood field has the most amazing grass. It looks like turf.
Attachments
D39D1319-ACDF-466A-80A8-501C70F6F664.jpeg

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Tingle back for Ridgewood. This region runs through them, Ironton, or HP.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Seeding going to be massive. If Piketon stays 1, you’d probably rather be the 4 than the 2/3. One of those three will get to avoid the others until regional final.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

CFB1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:23 am Tingle back for Ridgewood. This region runs through them, Ironton, or HP.
Well that sure makes things interesting. Without him I think they would have struggled against Indian Valley next Friday. Now they could very well win out their regular season, and if they get that #1 seed this region could be theirs.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 am
CFB1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:23 am Tingle back for Ridgewood. This region runs through them, Ironton, or HP.
Well that sure makes things interesting. Without him I think they would have struggled against Indian Valley next Friday. Now they could very well win out their regular season, and if they get that #1 seed this region could be theirs.
They also are just getting some of their other key contributors back 100 percent from injuries/quarantines. Sounds like they were a little rusty last night, but that is to be expected since they all haven’t played together since week three. If they get by Indian Valley next week that will set up a huge game week 10 against Garaway.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Until someone not named kirtland beats Ironton, the region runs through Ironton

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

TigerBob wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:40 am Seeding going to be massive. If Piketon stays 1, you’d probably rather be the 4 than the 2/3. One of those three will get to avoid the others until regional final.
I agree I would rather play Piketon than Ridgewood, Ironton, Prep, or Portsmouth. Piketon will win out but I wonder if missing a game yesterday will hurt their points, cause if Ridgewood wins out they would likely take the #1 seed. That Ridgewood vs Garaway week 10 is going to be big.
Last edited by SciotoCfootball on Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I’d imagine Ridgewood controls their own destiny for the 1. Ironton can probably pass Piketon by winning out, Portsmouth would be closer if they win out.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

I wonder how the seeding would go down with a one loss Ridgewood, one loss Harvest Prep, and one loss Ironton or Portsmouth.

Return to “Football”