Portsmouth drew roe and Donavon Carr on buckeye round table

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth drew roe and Donavon Carr on buckeye round table

Post by biggdowgg »

At the 68 minute mark

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to both Trojans for this recognition........Buckeye Roundtable is a statewide broadcast normally held on the Monday after the previous Ohio State game. I was listening to their high school wrapup around the state and they mentioned Drew and Donovan (Mark Williams of WNXT gave the report). Great to see some statewide pub for our Trojan athletes. GO TROJANS!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojandave after you told me I went back and listened to it how crazy that Drew Roe has accounted for 28 touch downs : rushing/passing in 6 games
Last edited by biggdowgg on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

biggdowgg: I don't know what the record is for Trojan QB's accounting for total TD's, but Drew has to either have the record or be very close to it......and there's still 4 games to play. If he stays healthy, I think it's a given that he will eclipse whatever the previous record was.

I'm putting in a vote right now for Drew Roe.......Trojan Hall of Fame.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

My guess is Shane Porter has it. He had a ton of yards his sophomore and junior years. We had a better running attack his senior year.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Just a few QB's from my memory of Trojan football who had stellar careers:

1977: Norm Burrows......played for Ohio State as a DB. Very athletic.
1991: Michael Estep......might have been the best passing QB PHS has had......coached Wheelersburg to 2 state baseball titles
2007: Shane Porter.......another outstanding passer who led the Trojans to the playoffs......lost to Licking Heights 42-35
2015: Josh Myers.........good all around QB that could run or pass well......fell just short of the playoffs; went 7-3

I would rank Drew Roe right up there with any of these Trojans especially for his ability to pass and run equally well. Probably rank him at the top in terms of quickness. He makes a lot of would be tacklers miss.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

One year wonder but Craig Felts had a great senior year in 2002. He was a good sized QB who could run hard and manage the game very well. The 2002 team went 9-1 in the regular season, got the #1 seed in their region and lost to eventual state runner up Portsmouth West in the regional finals.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

And the years JoJo, Hamrick, Akia, other RB's were there the QB didn't need to throw as much. haha

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth has always been known for running backs and never really needed to throw. In a couple years when another Parker kid comes up Portsmouth will get back to the run. I believe he’s a 7th grader now.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”