Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Thought's on this one. Can waverly come into the pirates house and dominate? It seems like they are the favorite. What do you all think?

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Re: Week 8: Wheelersburg(4-3) vs Waverly(6-0)

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:20 pm Thought's on this one. Can waverly come into the pirates house and dominate? It seems like they are the favorite. What do you all think?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by SiderBlood »

On paper I like Waverly. You just can never rule Burg out, especially at home. One of the only times you will ever hear a West Sider say this, go burg. We need you to win.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I think Burg. Regardless, Waverly will NOT "dominate".

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

FIDO wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:40 pm I think Burg. Regardless, Waverly will NOT "dominate".
I hope not. It just seems like they have everyone else except portsmouth.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man this one should really be a toss up, will the out of conference schedule help burg in this one they've played some tough teams. Waverly has had a nice out of conference schedule as well. Going with Waverly in a close one, I think they've got enough athleticism to take this one but it's going to take them stopping the Burg rushing attack to walk out of this one with the victory. Waverly 28-21

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly by 21

Edit: in Burg?

Waverly by 8

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly has some things to fix and fix quick.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly has gotta have a turnover free game and I think they can win. Morrison Futhey and Stulley need to play their best of the year as well as Futhey passing it.

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

This is such a hard game to gauge.

If you asked me after week 2.

Waverly has more firepower and should be favored to win by 2-3 scores

Ask me after the Portsmouth game I’d say

Waverly by 1 or 2 scores

After the West and Valley game(tonight) I’d say it’s a toss up.

Both teams have played great football at times and have played horrible.

Both teams are capable of blowing each other out. It’s a whole new season this week. No one can be honest with what to expect except for showing pride in their home team.

Waverly is riddled with injuries and they keep coming. Injuries they are dealing with would decimate almost any other D4 School.They still have the premier athletes and maybe this week they get the lucky bounces and some calls for once.I know it’s in burg but one can only hope.

What I looked forward too at the beginning of the season has me reminiscing of Waverly without injuries. They still have A LOT of good players but will that be enough?
Last edited by LetsBeReal on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Waverly huge favorite but I suspect Burg will be ready

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:12 pm This is such a hard game to gauge.

Waverly by 1 or 2 scores

Both teams are capable of blowing each other out. It’s a whole new season this week. No one can be honest with what to expect except for showing pride in their home team.

Waverly is riddled with injuries and they keep coming. Injuries they are dealing with would decimate almost any other D4 School.They still have the premier athletes and maybe this week they get the lucky bounces and some calls for once.I know it’s in burg but one can only hope.

What I looked forward too at the beginning of the season has me reminiscing of Waverly without injuries. They still have A LOT of good players but will that be enough?
Burg has been riddled with injuries also just now got qb1 back and almost 100% healthy but playing now also burgs best lineman is out #66 dont know if he will be available next game and also #24 was out tonight in my opinion he is Burgs best running back also burgs starting tight end and he started on defense hasn't played all year tore acl in scrimmage so at this time of year I would say everyone is dealing with injuries you just have to roll with who is available and make the best of it . Also I like Burgs chances in this game they have definitely played a much tougher schedule so far so let's just hope that pays off come Friday

Burg grad 85
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:36 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:12 pm This is such a hard game to gauge.

Waverly by 1 or 2 scores

Burg has been riddled with injuries also just now got qb1 back and almost 100% healthy but playing now also burgs best lineman is out #66 dont know if he will be available next game and also #24 was out tonight in my opinion he is Burgs best running back also burgs starting tight end and he started on defense hasn't played all year tore acl in scrimmage so at this time of year I would say everyone is dealing with injuries you just have to roll with who is available and make the best of it . Also I like Burgs chances in this game they have definitely played a much tougher schedule so far so let's just hope that pays off come Friday
Completely understand injuries. I’m not talking a normal year. It’s a dang plague this year. Outsiders don’t seem to grasp how bad it’s been this year.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I'll take Waverly 35-24
Pirates take another Tiger loss this season :D

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Game of the week. Could go either way, I’ll take burg @ home by 3 in dramatic fashion.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

This season has somewhat of a 2019 feel to it for the Pirates. Rugged pre conference schedule that set the stage for an SOC2 championship run.

Waverly has exceptional talent at the skill positions but has too often displayed ragged play despite being undefeated.

Wheelersburg has to be the favorite at home. The question becomes can Waverly rise to the challenge?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Dasoda22
Waterboy

Post by Dasoda22 »

Waverly has to take care of the ball. Bottom line is if waverly can limit the the turnovers. They are gonna be a hard team to beat all year. I know coach crab will have them ready. 34-21 Tigers.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

LBD0263 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:20 am Game of the week. Could go either way, I’ll take burg @ home by 3 in dramatic fashion.
With the kicker Burg has, it wouldnt surprise me one bit. In 2019 I watched him win the game for the Pirates with a kick of I think 41 yds. Would make for a great game!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg can not get in a shootout with Waverly. Burg needs long, sustained drives that end in scores and they have to score every time they have the ball.

Burg needs this game to be low scoring, in the teens or low 20’s.

Should be another classic between them though.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Should be an awesome game. I've seen both teams play. Waverly 35-28. Waverly offense should be too much

Return to “Football”