Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Waverlys play caller was questionable tonight that 4th down play was a very odd choice

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Wow ! Just wow. Nice work Pirates ! 🏴‍☠️

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

No surprises here.

Seneca
Riding the Bench

Post by Seneca »

Wheelersburgs corners took this game personally, as MJ would say.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

That’s what makes burg hard to beat they do what they are going to do and stick with it. Congrats to them on a good win.

Harper
Waterboy

Post by Harper »

Same old story for Waverly. I don’t remember the last time they showed up to play in the first half.

Great game by the Lattimore kids they went and took it.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly simply outcoached themselves so many missed opportunities. Played terrible in the first half and still hung around with Burg. Don’t understand why Burg just doesn’t run the lattimore brothers more they are clearly the best backs they have

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Game for game Wheelersburg had the toughest non conference schedule in the SOC. No other SOC team could have done better. People look at records as though it is indicative of a team's overall strength. At best, it csn be misleading.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Here come the “Waverly beat themselves” posts. Anybody who has paid attention though knows this is not the same Burg team from Week 1. Yeah, they’re still limited offensively, but their defense is playing lights out. “Down” year still gonna result in at least a share of SOC championship and home playoff game.*

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Great high school game. Clean game, no turn overs and penalties weren't too bad. Congrats to BURG on the win and good luck to Waverly going forward.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Great Game glad I decided to go.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Game realistically shouldn’t have been as close as it was. Wheelersburg 3 points in 1st half and moved the ball well. Waverly’s play calling may have been questionable, but this could just as easily been a 24-0 game in the middle of the 3rd.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:42 pm Waverly simply outcoached themselves so many missed opportunities. Played terrible in the first half and still hung around with Burg. Don’t understand why Burg just doesn’t run the lattimore brothers more they are clearly the best backs they have
In the Ironton game a Wheelersburg assistant threw his styrofoam cup at him on the bench after accusing him of faking an injury to take himself out of the game. He’s probably just getting out of the doghouse

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:42 pm Waverly simply outcoached themselves so many missed opportunities. Played terrible in the first half and still hung around with Burg. Don’t understand why Burg just doesn’t run the lattimore brothers more they are clearly the best backs they have
In the Ironton game a Wheelersburg assistant threw his styrofoam cup at him on the bench after accusing him of faking an injury to take himself out of the game. He’s probably just getting out of the doghouse
Wish he would’ve still been in the doghouse this game. Both of them are very good runners and change of pace too complimentary to one another and their offense

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Great game plan by Burg offensively and the defense played lights out in the first half. I think they got a little tired at the end of the 3rd but Waverlys offense is very good #4 for Burg played a great game defensively guarding Waverlys #6 all night and pretty much held him in check! Great game by both teams but IMO the game shouldn't have been as close as it was but I give credit to Waverlys defense for coming up with some key stops

Burg grad 85
Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan32 »

S.O.C wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:29 pm Wheelersburg 21-14
Right on the money

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This will be the 57th consecutive season that Wheelersburg finishes with at least a .500 record. Assuming that they win the league championship, it’ll be the 35th Championship in that same time span.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

First thing great win for the Burg. Both teams left it on the field tonight. I’m not sure either team had enough gas to go overtime.

Burg should have been up 21-0 at the half. How in the hell do you not pound the ball with Lattimore when you get the ball inside the 10 yard line???

Good question on why doesn’t the Lattimore boys not get the ball more. Derrick bust his ass and gets 10-15 yards and then he gets yanked and doesn’t see the ball the rest of that drive. SMDFH!!! My only hope is they are saving him for the playoffs because he needs more touches. He just runs hard when he gets the ball.

Burgs defense rose to the occasion tonight. Clark totally shut down Futhey. Per the radio he did not have a catch other than the jet sweeps tonight.

Burg sent a message tonight. They will be a tough game come playoffs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:02 pm This will be the 57th consecutive season that Wheelersburg finishes with at least a .500 record. Assuming that they win the league championship, it’ll be the 35th Championship in that same time span.
That is very impressive!! That has to be some kind of National record.

Also, kept the streak alive of 20 years in a row of winning there Homecoming game. Last lost in 2001.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:04 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:02 pm This will be the 57th consecutive season that Wheelersburg finishes with at least a .500 record. Assuming that they win the league championship, it’ll be the 35th Championship in that same time span.
That is very impressive!! That has to be some kind of National record.

Also, kept the streak alive of 20 years in a row of winning there Homecoming game. Last lost in 2001.
Though I am from a fellow SOC2 School, many a time have I heard fans from every school say, “Wheelersburg is down this year” or “They’re not as good as last year.” Wheelersburg holds themselves to a higher standard. It’s something to admire, and more importantly, respect. I’m a fan of local schools having just as much success as the community I’m from.

I think the reason that Wheelersburg won the game tonight is that they knew to grind the tempo down and to try to not make it a track meet. Wheelersburg won the game at the line of scrimmage. If Waverly is to make a run in the playoffs, they’ll learn from this loss. I have a lot of respect for Waverly and I think they’ll be just fine moving forward.

Return to “Football”