Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:39 pm Fairland student section got in some trouble I heard? Refs very questionable. Field horrible, stands suck per usual. This game gets played on a dry field Portsmouth wins by 14, won’t change my mind on that. Better team didn’t win. Am I being a crybaby maybe a little, but Fairland clearly wasn’t the better team. Maybe on this night, and that’s what matters. So good win for them. Fairland announcer also sucks.

😭😭😭😭
😂😂😂😂

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Fairlandboi69 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:42 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:39 pm Fairland student section got in some trouble I heard? Refs very questionable. Field horrible, stands suck per usual. This game gets played on a dry field Portsmouth wins by 14, won’t change my mind on that. Better team didn’t win. Am I being a crybaby maybe a little, but Fairland clearly wasn’t the better team. Maybe on this night, and that’s what matters. So good win for them. Fairland announcer also sucks.
Portsmouth sucked. These refs single handedly kept this game from a running clock
Not everyone is used to a horrible field. To say Portsmouth sucks is laughable, your players never slipped and we could barely get a snap off. Play this game on a dry field and it could be a very different outcome.. and trust me I think Fairland is a very good team but running clock? You could tell the field had a impact on the Trojans, hardly phased Fairland.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Congratulations to Fairland, great game by both teams i also like going for the win.

Good luck to Fairland ,we won't have a second shot so move on to next game trojans

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

Play this game on a dry field and it still goes either way, won’t change my mind on that.

Barney
Waterboy

Post by Barney »

Fairland should be embarrassed for the way the announcer acted!!!!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Fairland is solid this year, congrats on the W. Curious to see how they do in the playoffs I dont know much about teams in D6. We have three very good teams in the OVC this year. Trojans are only a few points from being undefeated, same for Fairland with their loss to Ironton who only has one loss to a D1 school.

WrestlingFootball
Riding the Bench

Post by WrestlingFootball »

Play this game in any other condition and the outcome will be the same. Fairland had more bad snaps than Portsmouth. Portsmouth is a great team. But Fairland beats them 9 out of 10 times on any different types of field and field conditions. Great game. Goodluck luck the rest of the year to both teams.

fanofsports740
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports740 »

What a game that was. #3 on portsmouth played one hell of a game

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Fairland loses 9/10 times if this game is played on any other field. Won’t change my mind. But come on to say Portsmouth sucks would also mean Fairland sucks. You won by 1 point at home on a sloppy field, so if Portsmouth sucks, Fairland does too. That said it’s clear neither team sucks. The refs they sucked, seems like something we all agree on one way or another. Fairland announcer sucked. Just my opinions, I mean I’m of course right but you’re entitled to say yours even though they aren’t correct 😂

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:00 pm Fairland loses 9/10 times if this game is played on any other field. Won’t change my mind. But come on to say Portsmouth sucks would also mean Fairland sucks. You won by 1 point at home on a sloppy field, so if Portsmouth sucks, Fairland does too. That said it’s clear neither team sucks. The refs they sucked, seems like something we all agree on one way or another. Fairland announcer sucked. Just my opinions, I mean I’m of course right but you’re entitled to say yours even though they aren’t correct 😂
I’m really not sure what was going on with the announcer, he’s never acted like that before to my knowledge. I thought the refs made appropriate calls when needed such as the pass interferences on fairland. As for the two teams, let’s just agree that if they play 10 times fairland wins 5 and Portsmouth wins 5. Both teams have different abilities and are better at things that the other is not but in the end it rounds out to two evenly matched teams. A hard fought game for both but this time the dragons got the best of the Trojans.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I’ll say complaining about the refs and field will get nobody anywhere. If it’s a dry field both teams fair better. Did it hurt Portsmouth more sure, they couldn’t throw the ball as well. They couldn’t stand up, snaps were bad. But Fairland had those same things happen too. Refs were bad, but bad calls against both teams. I think both teams are really good. Both should be proud how they played. Trojans had a chance for a win at the end by going for 2. I thought it was honestly a good call. If that game goes to OT they probably don’t win anyways…I guess ya never know. Congrats to the Dragons on the win. Trojans played hard, missed out on good playoff points. Time to regroup and beat South Point at home next week. Side note: first time at Fairland wasn’t great. People were friendly but the bleachers on the away side were as bad as advertised. Dirty, small, full of leaves and wet. Not anyone’s fault really but man it was quite the experience!!!! LOL

Who Dey!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Someone fill me in on the announcer what happened? I couldn’t hear that well.

Who Dey!
Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

Come on Trojan fans…. Check out the total yardage in penalties. It’s obvious you got the calls. Now complaining about the announcer. Really. Lol. SMH. Unbelievable. It’s a game you lost on to the next one. Everyone plays on the same field. Fairland had a few bad snaps. Portsmouth as well. Good game all played hard. Quit making excuses and on to the next game. By the way beat Ironton!!!!!!!

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

It was about as good a game as you were gonna get in those conditions. Special teams were once again suspect and has played a huge part in both losses. We gave Waverly short fields and Fairland took one to the house that directly resulted in this loss.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Was an entertaining football game. The refs absolutely put on a show. It was an amazing display of flag throwing. The Portsmouth passing game was as advertised Roe likes to get the ball out of his hand. 3 is the best WR really don’t understand how they don’t get him even more touches. The Portsmouth defense forced the two interceptions and had their hands on at least 2 more Fairlands defense keeping Portsmouth off the scoreboard from these was huge . Portsmouth has a lot of weapons and Fairland matches them with their defensive backs I thought 1 Kitts and 3 Martin were great keeping the passing game in check and really think the difference was Fairlands D Line. 56 Casey Hudson was unbelievable tonight he made a play against Portsmouth in the Redzone on a screen where he kept Portsmouth from scoring. 8 Zander Schmidt was a difference maker tonight with the ball. Tonight he returned his 3rd kick for a touchdown dude is special: Brumfield ran the ball well all night unfortunately Fairland didn’t throw the ball well and left points on the field because of it.
I think the better team won the game tho thinker it was closer than it should have been

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

RJShifko wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:52 pm Was an entertaining football game. The refs absolutely put on a show. It was an amazing display of flag throwing. The Portsmouth passing game was as advertised Roe likes to get the ball out of his hand. 3 is the best WR really don’t understand how they don’t get him even more touches. The Portsmouth defense forced the two interceptions and had their hands on at least 2 more Fairlands defense keeping Portsmouth off the scoreboard from these was huge . Portsmouth has a lot of weapons and Fairland matches them with their defensive backs I thought 1 Kitts and 3 Martin were great keeping the passing game in check and really think the difference was Fairlands D Line. 56 Casey Hudson was unbelievable tonight he made a play against Portsmouth in the Redzone on a screen where he kept Portsmouth from scoring. 8 Zander Schmidt was a difference maker tonight with the ball. Tonight he returned his 3rd kick for a touchdown dude is special: Brumfield ran the ball well all night unfortunately Fairland didn’t throw the ball well and left points on the field because of it.
I think the better team won the game tho thinker it was closer than it should have been
Good post, did you see the one ref firing the flag every time he threw it? He threw it 20 yards easily, good way to put someone eye out (happened in the NFL before). Agree with you about the Defensive line of Fairland. They were too much for the Trojans line. Roe was on the run constantly, falling a lot because of the field. Number 1 for Fairland impressed me, not sure who he is.

Who Dey!
Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

#1 is kitts and he’s a freshman. Gonna be a special for the Dragons no doubt! Great game by 2 great teams. Good luck the rest of the year Trojans!! Go win a state championship! You too Dragons!! Represent south eastern Ohio and the OVC!!!!!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I figured portsmouth would win if played on turf, especially on a dry night. But tonight wasn't dry and it wasn't on turf. I wasn't there and didn't watch, but it sounds like the Trojans speed was nullified by a sloppy field ? Is this an accurate assessment ? And my question for dragon fans is: after seeing Ironton and portsmouth, does portsmouth have a good shot at beating Ironton ?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:38 am I figured portsmouth would win if played on turf, especially on a dry night. But tonight wasn't dry and it wasn't on turf. I wasn't there and didn't watch, but it sounds like the Trojans speed was nullified by a sloppy field ? Is this an accurate assessment ? And my question for dragon fans is: after seeing Ironton and portsmouth, does portsmouth have a good shot at beating Ironton ?
The field definitely hurt Portsmouth. Not saying that automatically changes the outcome, Fairland is good. As far as Fairlands impression of the Trojans odds against Ironton they have none because Portsmouth wont have to play Ironton on that field. Tonight didnt accurately show anyone what the Trojans can do. I cant tell you how many times Roe slipped and anyone who has watched him play knows how much that hurt the Trojans.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:44 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:38 am I figured portsmouth would win if played on turf, especially on a dry night. But tonight wasn't dry and it wasn't on turf. I wasn't there and didn't watch, but it sounds like the Trojans speed was nullified by a sloppy field ? Is this an accurate assessment ? And my question for dragon fans is: after seeing Ironton and portsmouth, does portsmouth have a good shot at beating Ironton ?
The field definitely hurt Portsmouth. Not saying that automatically changes the outcome, Fairland is good. As far as Fairlands impression of the Trojans odds against Ironton they have none because Portsmouth wont have to play Ironton on that field. Tonight didnt accurately show anyone what the Trojans can do. I cant tell you how many times Roe slipped and anyone who has watched him play knows how much that hurt the Trojans.
A win is a win and sounds like Fairland earned it but I can't help but wonder what the outcome would've been on turf.

Return to “Football”