Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:27 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:41 am
WrestlingFootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:04 am

After watching both games. I think Portsmouth is good enough to beat Ironton. The only thing that hurts Portsmouth in that game is a good run game. But if Portsmouth spreads Ironton out and the QB takes off with it could be effective. Will be a great game to watch that's for sure.
I'm looking forward to this game. Been a long time since portsmouth rolled into the tank with a team this talented that believes they can win. Should be a great atmosphere! This Trojan team reminds me a lot of the 2006 Westfall team. Good at spreading the field and utilizing the QB speed. Ironton needs to not take this team lightly.
I lost to that 2006 west fall team in the playoffs would love to have had Dominic Murphy that game. I do see the similarities in the two teams but westfalls had a slightly better Oline and taller receivers across the field they were all over 6ft at least
I agree. That was the best Westfall team I've seen, but nobody was beating Cardinal Mooney that year.

31 Forever
Waterboy

Re: Week 8: Portsmouth (6-1) @ Fairland (5-1)

Post by 31 Forever »

Water under the bridge, but the 2-point conversion by Fairland should have been an illegal procedure on the "swinging gate" play in the first half.

The center clearly rolled the ball to the left in the mud and then realized that he needed to go forward with the play. However, since the snap was not a quick and continuous motion, this should have been a 5-yard illegal procedure penalty.

It might not have seemed much of a big deal at the time and most fans did not even know that it was illegal, but it was the point difference in a 15-14 Fairland victory.

Return to “Football”